How to get free from anxiety!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Misty Williams

Apr 8, 2022
Mobile
thefathershouseboc.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello friends!

I wanted to share this because I feel it will be an amazing blessing to anyone who is suffering from anxiety. There was a time in my life where I dealt with extreme anxiety, to the point that I started having anxiety attacks (something I never experienced before). God saw me through it and I am free of anxiety attacks for years now! Even if you're not at that point, anxiety has the ability to tear your body and mind apart. We're not created to endure that kind of burden.

If you are someone who has had victory in anxiety, PLEASE don't just share your comments here, but put them on YouTube. I don't want "likes" or "views", I want us to come together as a community and genuinely help people and YT is a good platform for that.

p.s. we're now on YouTube HOWEVER, we're still not soliciting anything. Shouldn't be any ads, etc. We're not making a cent, just trying to step out in God's will to help his children. You can also still find us wherever you listen to podcasts.
YouTube
Spotify

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP: how to get free from anxiety?

Precious friend YT (youtube) censored me years ago, because I believe in
God's Word Of Truth, Rightly Divided. Here is my study on infirmities/anxiety:

GRACE Word For infirmities! Praying hopefully it is passed along, and others
are "Comforted Of God, and His Word Of Truth." Amen?

Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged, Enlightened, Exhorted, And Edified In
The LORD JESUS CHRIST, And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly Divided!

GRACE And Peace... The apostle Of GRACE (2 Min With The BIBLE)

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello friends!

I wanted to share this because I feel it will be an amazing blessing to anyone who is suffering from anxiety. There was a time in my life where I dealt with extreme anxiety, to the point that I started having anxiety attacks (something I never experienced before). God saw me through it and I am free of anxiety attacks for years now! Even if you're not at that point, anxiety has the ability to tear your body and mind apart. We're not created to endure that kind of burden.

If you are someone who has had victory in anxiety, PLEASE don't just share your comments here, but put them on YouTube. I don't want "likes" or "views", I want us to come together as a community and genuinely help people and YT is a good platform for that.

p.s. we're now on YouTube HOWEVER, we're still not soliciting anything. Shouldn't be any ads, etc. We're not making a cent, just trying to step out in God's will to help his children. You can also still find us wherever you listen to podcasts.
YouTube
Spotify

Hello sister,
Week eleven, wow!

"Unceasing restleness" and "absence of peace" - Perfect definitions for anxiety!

Agreed, our bodies and minds were not created for this kind of pressure. Neither were we created to have diabetes, thyroid issues, kidney issues and a host of other ailments. We live in a broken world...all "creation groans..." Our brains are also part of our physical bodies.

Great scripture verses pertaining to this, amen!!

Depression is something that becomes almost debilitating, and sometimes IS. SOCIAL anxeity can come from not being well socialized as children. This is what all seven of the kids my mom and dad had...live with, social anxeity. But, no matter how bad things "material" might look, not a one of us lack faith in His provisions.

Why can we not seem to have the faith for this kind of thing? Hard wired for sure.
I can't agree that "all" anxiety is 'rooted in fear'.
Brain chemicals can change, parts of the brain can shrink for lack of tribulations-take a look at "Anhedonia" for instance. It is a side effect of depression but IMHO is way worse than major depression. Very difficult to treat. It does not at all mean that that person (if a Christian) does not have the faith to believe in ALL things God says in His Word...(BTW-get as "scripture heavy" as you want my sister! lol)

Good word :)

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How to get free from anxiety!
Dont get into debt but if its unavoidable, don't get into unmanageable debt and even then, bend your energies to get rid of the debt.

Reactions: Lambano

Misty Williams

Apr 8, 2022
Mobile
thefathershouseboc.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was in Wal-Mart yesterday and I met a woman, I have no idea how we got into this discussion, but she was a fellow sister in Christ and she said this world had her so stressed out. She had to stop watching the news because it was nothing but a source of anxiety for her. This world is crazy (and it's only going to get crazier) but thank you Jesus we have a God that provides, amen?!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello friends!

YouTube
Spotify
I got free from anxiety and depression by serving God and his children, eventually I just accepted death and now I don't have anxiety any more. I'm not going to post my story on YouTube though. I'll post it here. This is where I post.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was in Wal-Mart yesterday and I met a woman, I have no idea how we got into this discussion, but she was a fellow sister in Christ and she said this world had her so stressed out. She had to stop watching the news because it was nothing but a source of anxiety for her. This world is crazy (and it's only going to get crazier) but thank you Jesus we have a God that provides, amen?!
I quit watching the news too. I don't have anxiety, but dying painfully like nuclear weapons causes me great stress. And the media is really playing it up right now.

Misty Williams

Apr 8, 2022
Mobile
thefathershouseboc.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello sister,
Week eleven, wow!

"Unceasing restleness" and "absence of peace" - Perfect definitions for anxiety!

Hey Nancy! WOW it really warms my heart when someone tells me they listened in. I got that definition from the Websters 1828 dictionary. It's been a huge resource in defining terms with a Christian aspect added in.

I don't like to deal in absolutes, so when I say fear is the source of anxiety, I always have in mind that there are exceptions to the rule; however, for most people anxiety is something that comes on and they may have never experienced it before. In those situations especially, the cause is usually a result of carrying too many burdens, too much pressure, fear of failure, guilt, depression over current circumstances, etc. I believe getting victory from anxiety is strongly related to casting our care, building a trusting relationship with God, and getting some deliverance.
Even if the issue is a chemical imbalance, "by His stripes we were healed", amen! There is still deliverance there. Praise God.
We just recorded a message on "Is this the end times?" and it should be coming out next Tuesday. After that, we're doing a series on spiritual warfare. I hope you will keep listening!!!
BTW I share these comments with mom (Pastor Glenda) since she doesn't really get a chance to see the response from listeners like I do. If you feel led to, please visit our YouTube channel and leave a comment or even subscribe if you want. I'm not pushing for subs, I just want people to be blessed and it's a great way for her to see the comments too since she checks on there :)

No pressure! Only if you feel led to.
God bless you! You are loved :)

Reactions: Nancy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We fear because we expect something bad to come, however, God is in charge, and these things we fear, well, they really do not have to happen, God can change any situation. And we may even die in the next moment, and then where will all that fear be?

We fear, saying evil is afoot! But God says, all thinks are working together for our good.

Much love!

And . . . I don't do Google membership.

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Misty Williams

Apr 8, 2022
Mobile
thefathershouseboc.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We fear because we expect something bad to come, however, God is in charge, and these things we fear, well, they really do not have to happen, God can change any situation. And we may even die in the next moment, and then where will all that fear be?

We fear, saying evil is afoot! But God says, all thinks are working together for our good.

Much love!

And . . . I don't do Google membership.
No worries, completely understand. Google is the devil. The only reason I even put the podcast on YouTube is because it's where most people are and I'm prayerfully trying to reach people and get them some deliverance and a closer relationship with God, praise Him! I only want to hear "well done my good and faithful servant" when my time comes! If people miss the rapture, it won't be because I didn't try to do my part to bring them to Jesus :) Amen!

Misty Williams

Apr 8, 2022
Mobile
thefathershouseboc.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
p.s. Thank you to everyone who listens and puts up with my voice! I always sound like a kid with a cold even though I'm over 50! Mom is always a little embarrassed about her southern accent, I tell her, at least you don't sound like me lol.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Mom is always a little embarrassed about her southern accent, I tell her, at least you don't sound like me lol.
You can let you mom know that there are many other accents which are far worse than a southern drawl. I won't list them.:cool:

Misty Williams

Apr 8, 2022
Mobile
thefathershouseboc.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can let you mom know that there are many other accents which are far worse than a southern drawl. I won't list them.:cool:
Thank you, that is so kind, I will share your comment with her :)
If you really want to make her day though, leave a comment on one of the YouTube videos saying you like her accent. I won't say a word haha. She would be absolutely blown away!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello friends!

YouTube
Spotify
I think the less we sin, the easier it is to trust the Lord.

Reactions: Misty Williams

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Misty Williams The Word of God is so encouraging; John 14 and Psalm 46 among very encouraging passages; Romans 8 is tremendous; John's First Epistle is full of assurance for the true believer in God's Son.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I remember getting a cold or some other mild illness a few years ago, and with it came anxiety. It was completely irrational, like I didn't know what if anything I was afraid of. Needed to remind myself of God's promises, and stand by them internally until the feeling passed.

As for depression, I have the Joy of the Lord which stands opposed to it regardless of the circumstance. Even when I am miserable the Joy of the Lord is there with me. He turns death into life, defeat into victory. No weapon formed against me shall prosper. Every tongue that rises against me in judgement he condemns. Blessed be the name of the Lord.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember getting a cold or some other mild illness a few years ago, and with it came anxiety. It was completely irrational, like I didn't know what if anything I was afraid of. Needed to remind myself of God's promises, and stand by them internally until the feeling passed.

As for depression, I have the Joy of the Lord which stands opposed to it regardless of the circumstance. Even when I am miserable the Joy of the Lord is there with me. He turns death into life, defeat into victory. No weapon formed against me shall prosper. Every tongue that rises against me in judgement he condemns. Blessed be the name of the Lord.

Blessings in Christ Jesus! And oh what a joy it is. The gift of discernment of spirits allows one to perceive when the enemy comes near. And when the enemy comes near, they can bring the irrational fear you like what you described. That fear can turn to anxiety when given time to grow. Yes demons do have assignments to those that are truly in Christ Jesus. Standing on God's promises is a sure foundation. With me I just use a rebuke out loud which must be obeyed. In times past, I have played dumb to them being close, just to see their intentions. Here are what they bring us; fear, anxiety, depression, resentment, unforgiveness, lust, and infirmities. They can take something small(A mole hill) and amplify it into something big (a mountain). There are many on these boards that suffer from these attacks never knowing the true cause of these things. While it is true that these sufferings can cause one to draw closer to The Lord, but there will come a day that these attacks do not have to be tolerated. Once one is weaned from the milk, they can stand with The Power and Authority in Jesus Name(which is above all names) and send the enemy packing. Think of these words next time, and put them to the test, for there will be a next time, as the enemy always waits for the oppertune time to attack those that fight the good fight.

Reactions: lforrest

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Nancy! WOW it really warms my heart when someone tells me they listened in. I got that definition from the Websters 1828 dictionary. It's been a huge resource in defining terms with a Christian aspect added in.

I don't like to deal in absolutes, so when I say fear is the source of anxiety, I always have in mind that there are exceptions to the rule; however, for most people anxiety is something that comes on and they may have never experienced it before. In those situations especially, the cause is usually a result of carrying too many burdens, too much pressure, fear of failure, guilt, depression over current circumstances, etc. I believe getting victory from anxiety is strongly related to casting our care, building a trusting relationship with God, and getting some deliverance.
Even if the issue is a chemical imbalance, "by His stripes we were healed", amen! There is still deliverance there. Praise God.
We just recorded a message on "Is this the end times?" and it should be coming out next Tuesday. After that, we're doing a series on spiritual warfare. I hope you will keep listening!!!
BTW I share these comments with mom (Pastor Glenda) since she doesn't really get a chance to see the response from listeners like I do. If you feel led to, please visit our YouTube channel and leave a comment or even subscribe if you want. I'm not pushing for subs, I just want people to be blessed and it's a great way for her to see the comments too since she checks on there :)

No pressure! Only if you feel led to.
God bless you! You are loved :)

Good word! And, thank you, I will definitely check out your YouTube channel :)