How To Get To Heaven When You Die

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Loretta said:
Where is the heaven..........Where will we go.....
Heaven is where God is and no man has ever been there nor ever will. Scripture show us in a couple of places that when we die we either go to hell or go to paradise. Now Paradise was where Jesus met the thief on the cross the day they died and the scripture doesn't say that that place is heaven call The Paradise. From this we can know that we will also meet Jesus in Paradise. When Jesus returns the Bible says we will meet him in the air at least those of us who are saved and in Christ whether we are dead or not. Paul says the dead in Christ will rise first and then those of us who remain we'll meet him together in the air. If we actually went to heaven when we died we would have met him before then and we would accompany him in his return but that is not what the Bible tells us. The Bible tells us that we will be reunited with our Immortal bodies, in the twinkling of an eye and then will be with Jesus forever. At least a thousand years of that will be here on Earth raining with him and then eternity in the New Jerusalem on the new Earth.

xfrodobagginsx

Jun 25, 2015
I was saved when I was 4. I was raised in church, but the churches that I attended were what I would consider legalistic. When I turned 18 I stopped going due to the legalism. As I remained out of God's will, I became more and more miserable. I tried to return to the Lord, but circumstances were as though the Lord wasn't going to allow that yet. He wanted to teach me something. The Lord never left me, but I felt like He was a million miles away at times. I went to college, but everything and I mean everything, Job, school, ect. all went against me. Nothing would work out for me. Way too many details to tell, but basically I felt like I had a curse on my life. I actually came to the point of suicide. I became so very hardened by just a ton of abuse that had happened to me. I told the Lord that if things didn't change, I was going to end it all. I could feel Him standing over me and lift His mighty hand away, just little. I met my wife and got married, had kids. On 9-9-2001 I turned 30. Two days later was 9-11, when the Twin Towers were attacked. I realized that the Lord was coming soon and did not want to remain where I was. He had already been dealing with me for a few years prior, but now it was time to go back. I searched for a church and visited one that was very legalistic. I filled out the visitor's card and they came out to visit on a wed. They asked me to come back. I said "How do I know that this is the church that God want's me to go to"? The man said "have you asked Him" I said "no" He said "Why don't you pray and ask Him and we'll get going". I prayed half heartedly for the Lord to let me know if that was where He wanted me.

That night, about midnight, I laid in my bed, my wife facing the opposite way. I was thinking about whether I wanted to go back there or not and decided, No, I was not going to go back there. The very Moment that I made my decision, I felt God's Holy Spirit begin to slowly move through my wall and hover over my chest. He was in the form of a cloud. I felt His eyes look directly into mine and say "I want you to go back to that church" in a very mild, meek, soft voice, yet without any sound. It was crystal clear. I said "Ok, Lord, if that's where you want me to go I'll go back there. If that's what you want me to do I'll go back to that church". Then I broke down and told Him that I was sorry for my sins and that I would serve Him from now on. I had big issue with the pastor of that church. He was a very strict, breathe down your neck type of a person, yet God used him in my life. He discipled me and taught me how to do the music. The Lord kept opening doors there to serve in a huge way. They had a tract ministry there where they printed up millions of gospel tracts and a booklet called "The Baptist Bread". It's similar to "The Daily Bread".

xfrodobagginsx

Jun 25, 2015
StanJ said:
Heaven is where God is and no man has ever been there nor ever will. Scripture show us in a couple of places that when we die we either go to hell or go to paradise. Now Paradise was where Jesus met the thief on the cross the day they died and the scripture doesn't say that that place is heaven call The Paradise. From this we can know that we will also meet Jesus in Paradise. When Jesus returns the Bible says we will meet him in the air at least those of us who are saved and in Christ whether we are dead or not. Paul says the dead in Christ will rise first and then those of us who remain we'll meet him together in the air. If we actually went to heaven when we died we would have met him before then and we would accompany him in his return but that is not what the Bible tells us. The Bible tells us that we will be reunited with our Immortal bodies, in the twinkling of an eye and then will be with Jesus forever. At least a thousand years of that will be here on Earth raining with him and then eternity in the New Jerusalem on the new Earth.
Heaven is where Christians go after Christ rose from the dead. Paradise is where Christians went BEFORE Christ rose from the

[SIZE=9pt]Christians Do go to heaven:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Mr 16:19 ¶ So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt] 2Co 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
(KJV)
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Php 1:21 ¶ For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
22 But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not.
23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:
24 Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]People in heaven:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt] Re 19:1 ¶ And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:
(KJV)
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Jesus Christ is going to rule and reign on the earth. The believers will be with Him on the earth at that time. Right now believer's go to heaven to be with the Lord Jesus Christ because that is where He is. [/SIZE]

xfrodobagginsx

Jun 25, 2015
Ga 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Ga 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Heaven is where God is and no man has ever been there nor ever wil
Heaven is where people who believe God go, even now while living because of what Christ has done, many even today have stood with God, because they are his children and He keeps no good thing from them who ask.

Eph 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

Eph 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
Eph 3:11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:
Eph 3:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

xfrodobagginsx

Jun 25, 2015
Heb 12:1 ¶ Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
xfrodobagginsx said:
Heb 12:1 ¶ Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Point?

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
StanJ said:
StanJ, The flesh dies and is put in a grave. It is the spirit that went to Paradise and it is the spirit that goes to heaven. The body of those spirits in heaven will have a resurrected body like the one Jesus has. It is not flesh and blood.

1 Cor 15:50-51 - Our Final Victory
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption.
51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed —
NKJV

xfrodobagginsx

Jun 25, 2015
It's not flesh and blood, it's flesh and bone. He had the disciples touch Him, therefore, there is a physical element to it.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
xfrodobagginsx said:
It's not flesh and blood, it's flesh and bone. He had the disciples touch Him, therefore, there is a physical element to it.
Are you saying 'flesh and blood' are not physical elements? That's a new one on me! :wub:

For 1 Cor 15:50 (which Stan quoted), the Greek language uses sarx kai haima, which is 'flesh and blood' and NOT 'flesh and bone'.

Oz

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
xfrodobagginsx said:
Not the kind that we know of. Jesus could walk through walls in His resurrected body..

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
xfrodobagginsx said:
Yes He could. He also teleported and ascended to heaven.
After his resurrection, Jesus acknowledged:

'36 As they were talking about these things, Jesus himself stood among them, and said to them, “Peace to you!” 37 But they were startled and frightened and thought they saw a spirit. 38 And he said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts? 39 See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have" (Lk 24:36-39 ESV).

So here Jesus acknowledges that his body was not spirit but consisted of 'flesh and bones', even though it was flesh with some exalted characteristics.

1 Cor 15:50 (ESV) affirms that 'flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God'. Therefore, the person, whether it be Jesus or Christian believers will enter God's kingdom, not as flesh and blood but as changed and putting on immortality. I don't find it helpful to speculate what that changed, immortal being will be like - other than to keep with the qualities articulated in 1 Cor 15.

Oz