How to keep strong in walk and what hints to keep your self going.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wayne

Oct 30, 2011
I took a class for that last year and I was one term off getting the college credit for it. I just got job in the last three months and I couldn't keep up with everything I needed. I found the class to be easy but messing to much information.

Redeemed86

Oct 14, 2011
Hey Wayne, I can understand where you're coming from. I've been in s similar situation and honestly I think many people have, regardless of whether they admit it or not. I have never doubted the existence of God, but I use to blame him when I didn't get my way on certain things. It's easy to blame him when things go wrong because he is supposed to be our protector and our guide in life.

What I personally discovered is that I wasn't submitting myself fully to him, nor was I walking in complete faith of his ability to provide what I need.

Life in this fallen world is like a big maze, except we all have our own individual path in order to get out and reach God. Some of our paths will cross, and you may bump into someone that has been where you were and they may give you good advice, but only God has all the answers . Since we can't see over the "walls" of this maze, it's easy to get frustrated when we keep running into dead ends or the traps of the devil. I realized that unless I relied on God's eyes and not my own, I was going to keep going in circles and down the wrong paths.

The point of this example is that God is waiting for us to submit our lives to him and trust him completely.

Matthew 18

The Parable of the Wandering Sheep

... [sup]12[/sup] “What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? [sup]13[/sup] And if he finds it, truly I tell you, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. [sup]14[/sup] In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should perish.

In this case, the "sheep" has the free will to wander away. God, being omniscient, knows exactly when we start to wander. He knows that some of us will have to encounter a wolf before we will learn to trust him as our shepherd.

1 Corinthians 10:13

[sup]13[/sup] No temptation[sup][[/sup][sup]a[/sup][sup]][/sup] has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted[sup][[/sup][sup]b[/sup][sup]][/sup] beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted,[sup][[/sup][sup]c[/sup][sup]][/sup] he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

He is so faithful that in our stubbornness, he will always provide a way for us to get back to him. How do you think you arrived here? ;)

The only way for us as sinful creatures to remain strong is to remain in God. One last scripture, lol:

Matthew 24:35
"Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away".

What can be stronger than forever? The bible is the best place to look to learn about God and his endless strength. :D

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
Well, I can say it not the smoking because I been praying since I been little kid and never same to get any peace. Tell you truth I don't even know what the peace feels like.

Jesus spoke about peace and he said that he would give it to us:
John 14:27 I leave YOU peace, I give YOU my peace. I do not give it to YOU the way that the world gives it. Do not let YOUR hearts be troubled nor let them shrink for fear

What was the peace that Jesus gave his disciples and and how do you get it??? Have a look at Pauls words about the peace:
Romans 5:1 Therefore, now that we have been declared righteous as a result of faith, let us enjoy peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

The peace is what we have when God declares us righteous due to our faith and obedience. That is what the peace from God is about and obviously it does not come before we have been declared righteous. If we have Gods approval, he gives us his holy spirit, and that in turn gives us peace. And having such peace gives us control over our lives, it is what enables us to turn away from wrongdoing and to stand up to temptation and overcome weakness.

Philipians 4:6 Do not be anxious over anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication along with thanksgiving let YOUR petitions be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God that excels all thought will guard YOUR hearts and YOUR mental powers by means of Christ Jesus.

But in order to be declared righteous, you must take in knowledge and know what changes you need to make in your life. Once you have made the effort to know what God requires of you and start living in harmony with his requirements, only then can he give you his approval and only then will you begin to feel the peace you have with God. You see, your conscience is an accuser. And when you are not doing the things God wants you to do, your conscience cannot be at peace with God.

Wayne

Oct 30, 2011
I been told God will gave me self control when I gave my self to God but I don't see how I can with out self control. My understand is to live like Jesus when he was on the world but how was that?

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
I been told God will gave me self control when I gave my self to God but I don't see how I can with out self control. My understand is to live like Jesus when he was on the world but how was that?

self control is a quality of Gods holy spirit.
Galatians 5:22 On the other hand, the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, 23 mildness, self-control
of course all these qualities are not handed to us on a platter... we have to work hard to cultivate them. God can help us cultivate them, but we must also do some of the work too. There are things which are in opposition to cultivating Gods spirit in our personality. Paul mentioned them in Galatians 5:19
Now the works of the flesh are manifest, and they are fornication, uncleanness, loose conduct, 20 idolatry, practice of spiritism, enmities, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, contentions, divisions, sects, 21 envies, drunken bouts, revelries, and things like these. As to these things I am forewarning YOU, the same way as I did forewarn YOU, that those who practice such things will not inherit God’s kingdom
If we have not turned our lives around to avoid the above 'works of flesh', then we will not easily cultivate the fruits of holy spirit. So its up to us to analyze our lives and our conduct and see how much of our life is filled by 'works of the flesh'.... if you find quite a few of the above practices, then you know where to begin.

Wayne

Oct 30, 2011
I think my only problem is sexual stuff. It one of the hardest thing for me. I don't drink anymore. I been there and done it. I have find nothing wrong drinking a few thing to enjoy it but not to get drunk. I don't do drugs because I don't really see the point of it. I do my best to help people as much as I can with my wisdom but I need to also understand God wisdom because I think would also help. I need to learn how to pray more. I think also reading the bible will be helpful. I been hanging out with friend who are christian.

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
I think my only problem is sexual stuff. It one of the hardest thing for me. I don't drink anymore. I been there and done it. I have find nothing wrong drinking a few thing to enjoy it but not to get drunk. I don't do drugs because I don't really see the point of it. I do my best to help people as much as I can with my wisdom but I need to also understand God wisdom because I think would also help. I need to learn how to pray more. I think also reading the bible will be helpful. I been hanging out with friend who are christian.

well thats good, you sound pretty normal to me :)

I think reading the bible is really good place to start. Get in the habit of reading it reguarly so that you can bring the thoughts of God into the forefront of your mind. Read the proverbs...they are full of Gods wisdom and understanding. And associating with other christians is also beneficial if they are upholding christian standards. You need good examples in your life.

but the best example is Jesus. Read the 4 gospels and learn about Jesus life course, the things he taught, the way he treated people...he was compassionate, loving, kind and gentle. He was also zealous for Gods law and he upheld the morals set out in the Mosaic law so read about those laws given by Moses (exodus/deuteronomy/numbers) because they show us Gods righteousness in action in everyday situations.
If you want a study partner, i do free online studies on a subject to subject basis and would be happy to send you some study material. Just let me know anytime.

Wayne

Oct 30, 2011
Yeah, I am reading through Job at moment. I told read once and then go through again. I having trouble getting through it because my disability, I can't match sound to the letter. Reason why I can get through it because I seen most of the words and I know what they are.

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
Yeah, I am reading through Job at moment. I told read once and then go through again. I having trouble getting through it because my disability, I can't match sound to the letter. Reason why I can get through it because I seen most of the words and I know what they are.

thats great, keep working at it. The book of Job is an important book for all mankind. It really teaches us that God is not the one who brings calamity on mankind. Have you ever heard a preacher say things like "God must be punishing you for being bad and that is why he made that big earthquake which killed so many people" ...remember what some preachers said about Haiti recently?

but what did you read in the first chapter of Job?

Was it not Satan the devil who had been scowling around in the earth among people...and was it not Satan who caused Job to suffer so much and to loose his family and his livestock? Job is the book God inspired so that we would never feel that he had abandoned us or made us suffer for our wrongdoings....because he loves us and would never do such a thing.

Wayne

Oct 30, 2011
I am on the young man right now and seem like he knows what he saying. I having a little hard time keeping up with him.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I been a christian my whole life but seem like every time I keep trying to get in more. Something always seem to keep getting in my way. I am starting to think God might not be real.

Some of the most giving, loving, and devoted servants of Jesus have doubted the existence of God during their life times. Doubt can help us overthrow the 'oldman' that Paul talks about.

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
Wayne, may I interject something here...talk to God man to man...that is as close to a prayer as you can get...develop a relationship with Him...tell Him all the things on your heart just as you would your best friend...He will listen, and then listen and hear His answers...He still speaks today, He hears our heart and our words..He is after all your Father and just speak out the truth of your heart and mind...Blessings and welcome to the family...

Shep