How to overcome evil?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

arunangelo

Aug 22, 2009
Omaha
surrendersacrifice.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=medium]Only love can overcome evil because love is the ultimate force in the universe. To overcome evil we must love our enemies, offer the other cheek when slapped on one, do good to those who hurt us and pray for our persecutors. Jesus was oppressed and afflicted, but he opened not his mouth, quietly suffered crucifixion and through the love he expressed in his suffering overcame evil to bring us peace and joy (Isaiah 57:7)[/SIZE]

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
arunangelo said:
[SIZE=medium]To overcome evil we must love our enemies, offer the other cheek when slapped on one,[/SIZE]
Rev 20:4 NIV I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
arunangelo said:
[SIZE=medium]Only love can overcome evil because love is the ultimate force in the universe. To overcome evil we must love our enemies, offer the other cheek when slapped on one, do good to those who hurt us and pray for our persecutors. Jesus was oppressed and afflicted, but he opened not his mouth, quietly suffered crucifixion and through the love he expressed in his suffering overcame evil to bring us peace and joy (Isaiah 57:7)[/SIZE]
Amen. This for me is evidence of how we mostly fail at Christianity. We don't love our enemy. We want to see eye for an eye and expect us saying ''Jesus loves you'' or ''I forgive you'' to equal loving them. That is good, but our enemy needs food, water, housing, medicine etc.