How to pray? mouth or heart?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
is this by mouth or heart?
according to what i know written heart is equal to mind/brain because i always pray in my head because i am shy but straightforward i might be doing the wrong thing so i am asking

also
is my first interpretation correct? after i pray i would then add our father which are in heaven....

or is my 2nd interpretation correct? after this manner after i shut the door of my room i would pray the our father prayer every time which is repetitive

or is my 3rd interpretation correct? after this manner after shutting the door of my room i would pray to the father God which is the father of christ God in heaven and then testifying the truth then asking for daily needs followed by asking for forgiveness as we forgive others then asking for protection against evil followed by praises followed by in the name of jesus the christ(for modern times) last is amen

am i correct?
The first century , Jesus and His followers, prayed outside with arms raised up toward heaven, out loud, eyes open. And in closed rooms, locked doors, as the city they were in wanted them to arrest them. And praise and worship OUT LOUD< EYES OPEN > , while chained to cold hard rocks in prison at MIDNIGHT - SONGS, HYMNS, PSALMS, and SPIRITUAL SONGS PRAISING THE FATHER CREATOR FREELY, OPENLY, DAILY....

And in the garden. Kneeling. Weeping. Bowing......

Reactions: Nancy

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if i'll be honest but no sincerety then will i only be speaking of my own selfish desire....
Good. God knows everything about everyone, everything about you and your deepest heart and all that is in your mind.
Be honest.
Don't worry about sincerety , per se....
Be honest with yourself before God, as soon as any need or thought or whatever - make it known to God in prayer immediately. Pray constantly.

If anyone is to be saved, God is the only one who can accomplish their salvation, ever.

Last edited:

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 6:9-13 The Passion Translation (TPT)

9 Pray like this:

‘Our Father, dwelling in the heavenly realms,
may the glory of your name
be the center on which our lives turn.[a]
10 Manifest your kingdom realm,[b]
and cause your every purpose to be fulfilled on earth,
just as it is fulfilled in heaven.
11 We acknowledge you as our Provider
of all we need each day.[c]
12 Forgive us the wrongs we have done [d] as we ourselves
release forgiveness to those who have wronged us.
13 Rescue us every time we face tribulation [e]
and set us free from evil.[f]
For you are the King who rules
with power and glory forever. Amen.’ [g]

Footnotes:
  1. Matthew 6:9 An alternate reading of the Aramaic text. The Aramaic word for “name” is shema (the Hebrew word, shem), a word with multiple meanings. It can also be translated “light,” “sound,” or “atmosphere.” Placing a light, like a lantern, in an enclosed space magnifies that light. This is the meaning here of God’s name being made sacred and magnified as we focus our lives on him. The Greek is “treated as holy.”
  2. Matthew 6:10 Or “Come and begin your kingdom reign.”
  3. Matthew 6:11 Or “Give us bread [or life] today for the coming day.” Bread becomes a metaphor of our needs (physically, spiritually, and emotionally). Jesus is teaching us to acknowledge Father God as our Provider of all we need each day. Both the Greek and Hebrew Matthew can be translated “Give us this day our bread for tomorrow” (or “our continual bread”).
  4. Matthew 6:12 Or “Send away the results of our debts (shortcomings),” used as a metaphor for our sins. The Aramaic can be translated “Give us serenity as we also allow others serenity.”
  5. Matthew 6:13 Or “Do not let us be put into the ordeal of testing.” God never tempts man. See James 1:13-14.
  6. Matthew 6:13 Or “the Evil One.”
  7. Matthew 6:13 As translated from the Aramaic, Hebrew Matthew, and most Greek manuscripts. The Aramaic word for “forever” means “until the end of all the universes.”

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP only. you said this,
according to what i know written heart is equal to mind/brain because i always pray in my head because i am shy but straightforward i might be doing the wrong thing so i am asking
so you always pray, (I'm assuming that you're saved), or... even want to ... that's good. God answeres all prayers, (saved or not). even if you like the answer he gives or not. but here's my point and maybe it might answer your concerns.

when I was first saved, I use to pray, especially when I confess my sins to God, according to 1John 1:9. but before I got up off my knees the devil would bring up something else up in my mind I might had forgot to confess, then feeling God had not heard my prayers, still having the filthy stain of sin. well God broke that yoke, because we're saved and has been washed, for we should not "FEEL" that we're save, but have confidant in "KNOWING" that we're saved. that made a difference in when I pray to God.

now as for speaking or praying in one's heart. I reminded of Hannah in the bible, listen,
1 Samuel 1:9 "So Hannah rose up after they had eaten in Shiloh, and after they had drunk. Now Eli the priest sat upon a seat by a post of the temple of the LORD.
1 Samuel 1:10 "And she was in bitterness of soul, and prayed unto the LORD, and wept sore.
1 Samuel 1:11 "And she vowed a vow, and said, O LORD of hosts, if thou wilt indeed look on the affliction of thine handmaid, and remember me, and not forget thine handmaid, but wilt give unto thine handmaid a man child, then I will give him unto the LORD all the days of his life, and there shall no razor come upon his head.
1 Samuel 1:12 "And it came to pass, as she continued praying before the LORD, that Eli marked her mouth.
1 Samuel 1:13 "Now Hannah, she spake in her heart; only her lips moved, but her voice was not heard: therefore Eli thought she had been drunken.
1 Samuel 1:14 "And Eli said unto her, How long wilt thou be drunken? put away thy wine from thee.
1 Samuel 1:15 "And Hannah answered and said, No, my lord, I am a woman of a sorrowful spirit: I have drunk neither wine nor strong drink, but have poured out my soul before the LORD.
1 Samuel 1:16 "Count not thine handmaid for a daughter of Belial: for out of the abundance of my complaint and grief have I spoken hitherto.
1 Samuel 1:17 "Then Eli answered and said, Go in peace: and the God of Israel grant thee thy petition that thou hast asked of him.
1 Samuel 1:18 "And she said, Let thine handmaid find grace in thy sight. So the woman went her way, and did eat, and her countenance was no more sad.

so when one is in "Faith", ask, in heart, or in mouth, God will hear.

Hoped that helped.

PICJAG.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
If you know God and you know that sin separates you from God, why would you want to continue in sin?
Because i love sin right?
If you choose to follow God, you need to repent of your sinful ways
Is it 100%?
Because it was like this
Repent>tempted>sin>guilt>depression>cooldown>back to repent
Over and over again or this is normal? And it is the process of repenting from sinful ways by repenting and then getting tempted and sinning again x.x

The last time i repent i was really following what God has said i was being obedient because of his words but because of things "do not be fed up with his corrections" i began doing it partial being obedient partially and when temptation comes in i struggle for a bit but eventually fell and here i am

Here i go again asking for guidance from you guys

I just realized that i love sin
And i know i never loved anyone but i used to but i forgot the feeling of loving a stranger i used to remember the feeling of loving an enemy but i have forgotten i know i don't love christ because i do not follow his nor... Oh i did follow partially maybe i did love them but not 100% because i did follow their commands christ said if i love him keep his commandments i did keep it partially

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
if you don't love God or Jesus or anyone....why are you here?
Exactly hmm maybe i did love them because it is written if you love me keep my commandments i did keep it but lost it

Or maybe because i do not habe friends and no one to talk to i am probably just needing some attention and entertainment now that i think about it entertainment because i am not really keeping or doing some of the comments i'm just probably taking it all for granted i do not know i just try to explain the current things in my heart and be honest in order for me to know what was the real reason but it has gotten mess up i need to take break

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

also
is my first interpretation correct? after i pray i would then add our father which are in heaven....

or is my 2nd interpretation correct? after this manner after i shut the door of my room i would pray the our father prayer every time which is repetitive

or is my 3rd interpretation correct? after this manner after shutting the door of my room i would pray to the father God which is the father of christ God in heaven and then testifying the truth then asking for daily needs followed by asking for forgiveness as we forgive others then asking for protection against evil followed by praises followed by in the name of jesus the christ(for modern times) last is amen

am i correct?
Romans 8 speaks of the believer in the Lord Jesus crying 'Abba, Father'.
A great chapter to read.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Matthew 6:9-13 The Passion Translation (TPT)

9 Pray like this:

‘Our Father, dwelling in the heavenly realms,
may the glory of your name
be the center on which our lives turn.[a]
10 Manifest your kingdom realm,[b]
and cause your every purpose to be fulfilled on earth,
just as it is fulfilled in heaven.
11 We acknowledge you as our Provider
of all we need each day.[c]
12 Forgive us the wrongs we have done [d] as we ourselves
release forgiveness to those who have wronged us.
13 Rescue us every time we face tribulation [e]
and set us free from evil.[f]
For you are the King who rules
with power and glory forever. Amen.’ [g]

Footnotes:
  1. Matthew 6:9 An alternate reading of the Aramaic text. The Aramaic word for “name” is shema (the Hebrew word, shem), a word with multiple meanings. It can also be translated “light,” “sound,” or “atmosphere.” Placing a light, like a lantern, in an enclosed space magnifies that light. This is the meaning here of God’s name being made sacred and magnified as we focus our lives on him. The Greek is “treated as holy.”
  2. Matthew 6:10 Or “Come and begin your kingdom reign.”
  3. Matthew 6:11 Or “Give us bread [or life] today for the coming day.” Bread becomes a metaphor of our needs (physically, spiritually, and emotionally). Jesus is teaching us to acknowledge Father God as our Provider of all we need each day. Both the Greek and Hebrew Matthew can be translated “Give us this day our bread for tomorrow” (or “our continual bread”).
  4. Matthew 6:12 Or “Send away the results of our debts (shortcomings),” used as a metaphor for our sins. The Aramaic can be translated “Give us serenity as we also allow others serenity.”
  5. Matthew 6:13 Or “Do not let us be put into the ordeal of testing.” God never tempts man. See James 1:13-14.
  6. Matthew 6:13 Or “the Evil One.”
  7. Matthew 6:13 As translated from the Aramaic, Hebrew Matthew, and most Greek manuscripts. The Aramaic word for “forever” means “until the end of all the universes.”

Hey my dad has a passion translation in this house. :D

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Because i love sin right?

Is it 100%?
Because it was like this
Repent>tempted>sin>guilt>depression>cooldown>back to repent
Over and over again or this is normal? And it is the process of repenting from sinful ways by repenting and then getting tempted and sinning again x.x

The last time i repent i was really following what God has said i was being obedient because of his words but because of things "do not be fed up with his corrections" i began doing it partial being obedient partially and when temptation comes in i struggle for a bit but eventually fell and here i am

Here i go again asking for guidance from you guys

I just realized that i love sin
And i know i never loved anyone but i used to but i forgot the feeling of loving a stranger i used to remember the feeling of loving an enemy but i have forgotten i know i don't love christ because i do not follow his nor... Oh i did follow partially maybe i did love them but not 100% because i did follow their commands christ said if i love him keep his commandments i did keep it partially

There was always going to be a battle once you become a believer and a follower of Christ @Funny bird because you just entered into a war.
A spiritual war between light and darkness over your life. Satan does not love you. Satan does not love anyone. Jesus loves you and died for you on the cross. He shed his blood so that you can live in freedom and the consequences of sin which is death.

You asked if it were normal for Christians to struggle with sin and I am here to inform you that all christians struggle with sin and if any christian ever tells you that they don't sin or that they do not struggle with sin, they are liars. Some have overcome sin in certain areas but the enemy of the cross [satan] does not want christians to be free from sin so he tempts them in many ways. You are no different from any other christian. You need to get back up, dust yourself off and carry on in Christ - confess, forgive, repent. Ask him to wash you from sin and set you free, that you may be free indeed. It does get easier as we continue to move forward, we begin to mature. Sometimes we will fail and will fall but the bible tells us that we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ who intercedes on our behalf. He knows our heart. He knows when we are genuine and when we are not. You can trust in him.

We are tempted but we do not need to follow through with that temptation because we have a will and our will can choose to go in a direction that causes us to sin or can can choose not to. 1 Corinthians 10:13 tells us that no temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.

God has a plan for your life. It has been set up before you were even born. Satan also has a plan for your life. He wants to destroy you and the call and destiny God has for you. Choose this day whom you will serve Joshua 24:15

When Christian believers pass from this world, they enter the kingdom of heaven and participate in the blessings that God had promised. They experience his love, peace and joy in the presence of the Godhead. No more sorrow or pain or hurt, hunger or disappointment. No more loneliness or lacking of anything. Just pure love.

This is what Jesus died for. So that you and I can be where he is because the door is open for us and anyone else who believes and receives Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior. xox

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Exactly hmm maybe i did love them because it is written if you love me keep my commandments i did keep it but lost it

Or maybe because i do not habe friends and no one to talk to i am probably just needing some attention and entertainment now that i think about it entertainment because i am not really keeping or doing some of the comments i'm just probably taking it all for granted i do not know i just try to explain the current things in my heart and be honest in order for me to know what was the real reason but it has gotten mess up i need to take break

@Funny bird I wish I could tell you that you have a third option but there isn't any. There is Father God through Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior [who sent the Holy Spirit to dwell in believers and followers of Jesus] there is Satan and his fallen ones. There is nothing else in between, as a third option. Some people think that they can carry on sinning and then just before they are about to pass away, they rededicate themselves back to God but by that time it is too late. God knows our hearts as Hezekiah when ill soon realized. Isaiah told him he had to put his house in order because he was about to die and not recover. 2 Kings 20:1

I am a first generation christian "meaning," I am the first in my family line to be saved. This was not any easy thing because I came from a paganistic background...I have grown and yes fallen and gotten back up and grown and fallen again. The falling and getting back up becomes lesser and lesser as you trust and have faith in God. Sometimes I have not been a very good representative but I know this one thing for sure, that Jesus loves me, he died on the cross for me. He sent the Holy Spirit to dwell in me and I will continue to grow and mature until it's time for me to go home...and yes, sometimes fall.

I have been a christian believer for many years. In those years he has used me in teaching, preaching, evangelism, worship, warfare, counselling, deliverance [casting out demons] missionary work, training up new believers, bible in schools and sunday school. I have been to many places and have done many things for his kingdom and his glory even though there are times I do not feel very worthy, I know that Jesus is worthy and he loves me and always will love me until I reach the Kingdom of Heaven. Blessings and Peace xox

Last edited:

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Good. God knows everything about everyone, everything about you and your deepest heart and all that is in your mind.
Be honest.
Don't worry about sincerety , per se....
Be honest with yourself before God, as soon as any need or thought or whatever - make it known to God in prayer immediately. Pray constantly.

If anyone is to be saved, God is the only one who can accomplish their salvation, ever.
i think i said this before in here that
i do not want to go to heaven nor in hell because chosen people will forget about their previous lives what's the point? what is the point of living the 2nd life in the new earth if we'll if i'll be one of the chosen when i have forgotten where i came from? it was like God restarted from the very start we have no more memories of the previous earth it was like eve and adam and that serpent did not exist in the first place if we'll forget all about the previous world... it was like it was so pointless we'll become robot anyone do you want to be a robot? no i don't

instead i just to disappear instead of taking any part of that kind of place it was like God is just playing with lives

or i misinterpret the so called people will forget about the old earth and will not be able to remember

you want me to be honest? this is an honest answer i do not want to be part in the book of life nor not listed in the book of life i do not want to go to heaven nor to the new earth nor to the eternal sea of fire of burning sulfur not to the temporary hell i do not want to feel pain when dying if my interpretation is correct i do not want to be a part of it i just want to disappear not to die but to disappear to not exist at all

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
sorry but i really hate this tradition
Passion translation? :) so what does that mean?
it was a catholic book they sing it 24/7 in a slow pace with a very loud speaker that makes your night even day miserable last time they did it i could not sleep properly and i had to use a loud white noise that will wake even my neighbor i do not care that night i'm so frustrated i need to sleep this time they could not do it because of wuhan virus banned mass gatherings it is one of traditions of my country i don't think anyone can file a suit case because of the nonstop very loud noise in the middle of the night that covers kilometers away

as far as i know some of the things that are written in this passion book(the story of christ since birth till death) are not written in the bible and some of it are blasphemes because this book glorifies idols

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Question: "How can I overcome a habitual sin?"

Answer:
The first thing to consider in how to overcome habitual sin is to note the change, or transformation, that takes place when a person is saved. The Bible describes the natural man as “dead in sin and trespasses” (Ephesians 2:1).

As a result of Adam’s fall into sin, man is born spiritually dead. In this state of spiritual death, man is unable and unwilling to follow and obey God and habitual sin naturally follows."

How can I overcome a habitual sin? | GotQuestions.org

===================================================================
QUOTE="Funny bird, post: 728890, member: 8469"]i think i said this before in here that
i do not want to go to heaven nor in hell because chosen people will forget about their previous lives what's the point? what is the point of living the 2nd life in the new earth if we'll if i'll be one of the chosen when i have forgotten where i came from? it was like God restarted from the very start we have no more memories of the previous earth it was like eve and adam and that serpent did not exist in the first place if we'll forget all about the previous world... it was like it was so pointless we'll become robot anyone do you want to be a robot? no i don't

instead i just to disappear instead of taking any part of that kind of place it was like God is just playing with lives

or i misinterpret the so called people will forget about the old earth and will not be able to remember

you want me to be honest? this is an honest answer i do not want to be part in the book of life nor not listed in the book of life i do not want to go to heaven nor to the new earth nor to the eternal sea of fire of burning sulfur not to the temporary hell i do not want to feel pain when dying if my interpretation is correct i do not want to be a part of it i just want to disappear not to die but to disappear to not exist at all[/QUOTE