How to serve God. ...but only if you are serious.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-

Reader.

If you are born again, then What you need to do is one thing very soon.

You need to strip all your theology out of your head, and get all commentaries and put them away.

And then you go into a private room, get on your knees if possible, and you say this to God..... from your Heart.

Father,

From this day forward, till my dying breath, i will teach only your Cross and Your Son on it, as the ONLY WAY to Heaven.
I will never again deny your Son's Cross by teaching that Salvation can be gained by anything but Jesus on the Cross.
I wil never again insult your Cross of Christ by teaching that Your Salvation can be lost.

Father, from this day, till my last day, till i meet Jesus..... i will preach, teach, and love with all my heart your Cross of Christ and i will only share this with all people as their SALVATiON.
Not commandments, not water, not works, not self.... effort.
I will only teach, preach, and adore Jesus on The Cross, as Your Eternal SALVATiON.

I promise you that Father God.

In Jesus name i pray,

Amen.

Reader... see what you just read.? That is your Call to this verse...... 2 Corinthians 5:19

If you make that life commitment to God, on behalf of the Cross of Christ, then you will be just like this one.., who told you..

"be tho (you) a follower of me, as i follow Christ"...

This is Paul.

Find Him here..

Read..... and may God bless you as you make this LIFE commitment.
-

New International Version
For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.

English Standard Version
For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.

Berean Standard Bible
For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.

Berean Literal Bible
For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and Him having been crucified.

King James Bible
For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

New King James Version
For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.

New American Standard Bible
For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified.

NASB 1995
For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified.

NASB 1977

Legacy Standard Bible

Amplified Bible
for I made the decision to know nothing [that is, to forego philosophical or theological discussions regarding inconsequential things and opinions while] among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified [meaning His redemptive, substitutionary death and His resurrection].

Christian Standard Bible
I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
For I didn’t think it was a good idea to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.

American Standard Version
For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
Neither did I judge myself as knowing anything among you, except Yeshua The Messiah, even him as he was crucified.

Contemporary English Version
In fact, while I was with you, I made up my mind to speak only about Jesus Christ, who had been nailed to a cross.

Douay-Rheims Bible
For I judged not myself to know anything among you, but Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

English Revised Version
For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
While I was with you, I decided to deal with only one subject-Jesus Christ, who was crucified.

Good News Translation
For while I was with you, I made up my mind to forget everything except Jesus Christ and especially his death on the cross.

International Standard Version
For while I was with you I resolved to know nothing except Jesus the Messiah, and him crucified.

Literal Standard Version
for I decided not to know anything among you, except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified;

Majority Standard Bible
For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.

New American Bible
For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

NET Bible
For I decided to be concerned about nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

New Revised Standard Version
For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

New Heart English Bible
For I determined not to know anything among you, except Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

Webster's Bible Translation
For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

Weymouth New Testament
For I determined to be utterly ignorant, when among you, of everything except of Jesus Christ, and of Him as having been crucified.

World English Bible
For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.

Young's Literal Translation
for I decided not to know any thing among you, except Jesus Christ, and him crucified;

Last edited:

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
get on your knees if possible, and you say this to God..... from your Heart.

Father,

From this day forward, till my dying breath

No thanks!

I’ll take the Lord’s Prayer:

“After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.” (Matthew 6:9-13)

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
No thanks!

I’ll take the Lord’s Prayer:

“After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.” (Matthew 6:9-13)

The Prayer you posted is a blessing for yourself.
The Prayer I posted is a call to service.
You made the right choice for yourself.
I understand.

Last edited:

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's those who do will of God. Mark 3:35. For who so ever shall do will of God, the same is My brother, and My sister, and mother. Lip service won't cut it. Obedience and action. How can Jesus use some one who is biblically illiterate. Jesus needs labourers to plant seeds for God. Try driving a car with no gasoline. How far will you go??. Luke 9:59. And He said unto another, Follow Me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father. People today have excuses why not to serve God. Or they're too mired in the ways of the world. God can't use them. Thier spirtualty dead. Would you allow a apprentice plumber to do complicated job in your home. Think it over??. 9:61. And another said, Lord, I will follow thee; but first let me first go bid farewell, which are at home at my house. 9:62. And Jesus said, No, man, having put his hand to the plough, and looks back, is fit for kingdom of God. Friends. those who wont take up their own cross daily and follow Jesus, are not worthy of kingdom of God. Playing church won't cut it. Jesus needs workman who study the bible and plant seeds for God. Someone who is biblically illiterate is of no use to Jesus. Do you think Jesus will trust lazy servant to hold office during millennium. I don't think so. Its those who do will of God. Lip service won't cut it.