Have You Been Crucified With Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus died on the cross all of humanity died with him. God has spiritually crucified the whole world in Jesus Christ. Sin, death and the devil were destroyed when Jesus died on the cross. Paul wrote, "Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin" Romans 6:6-7.

The crucifixion and the resurrection of Christ is the heart of the Gospel message. If you have not been crucified with Christ, then you are lost and you are still in your sins. The crucifixion of Christ is a great part of our salvation. We believe it and we embrace it as part of our salvation. When Jesus lived, we lived in him. When Jesus died, we died with him. "For he that is dead is freed from sin" Romans 6:7. This is a very interesting scripture. Spiritually speaking we are dead in Christ. Paul said to the Colossians, "For you are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God" Colossians 3:3.

That is not the end. Yes, we have been crucified with Christ, our old sinful, rebellious, Adamic nature has been put to death in Jesus Christ. When Jesus walked out of Joseph's new tomb our new humanity walked out with him, Paul wrote, "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation: old things have passed away; behold all things have become new" 2 Corinthians 5:17. The Old Adamic nature has been put to death in Jesus Christ so that we don't have to serve sin, Romans 6:6. When I am tempted to sin, I just tell Satan that I am dead to that. He seems to understand what I am talking about and flees from me.

We are spiritually present in the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. When Jesus lived, we lived in him. When Jesus died, we died with him, when Jesus arose, we arose with him. Our real lives are hid with Christ in God. When Jesus returns, we will be with him. "When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall you also appear with him in glory" Colossians 3:4. This union that we have with Christ should inspire us to live a more holy life.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus died on the cross all of humanity died with him. God has spiritually crucified the whole world in Jesus Christ. Sin, death and the devil were destroyed when Jesus died on the cross. Paul wrote, "Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin" Romans 6:6-7.

The crucifixion and the resurrection of Christ is the heart of the Gospel message. If you have not been crucified with Christ, then you are lost and you are still in your sins. The crucifixion of Christ is a great part of our salvation. We believe it and we embrace it as part of our salvation. When Jesus lived, we lived in him. When Jesus died, we died with him. "For he that is dead is freed from sin" Romans 6:7. This is a very interesting scripture. Spiritually speaking we are dead in Christ. Paul said to the Colossians, "For you are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God" Colossians 3:3.

That is not the end. Yes, we have been crucified with Christ, our old sinful, rebellious, Adamic nature has been put to death in Jesus Christ. When Jesus walked out of Joseph's new tomb our new humanity walked out with him, Paul wrote, "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation: old things have passed away; behold all things have become new" 2 Corinthians 5:17. The Old Adamic nature has been put to death in Jesus Christ so that we don't have to serve sin, Romans 6:6. When I am tempted to sin, I just tell Satan that I am dead to that. He seems to understand what I am talking about and flees from me.

We are spiritually present in the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. When Jesus lived, we lived in him. When Jesus died, we died with him, when Jesus arose, we arose with him. Our real lives are hid with Christ in God. When Jesus returns, we will be with him. "When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall you also appear with him in glory" Colossians 3:4. This union that we have with Christ should inspire us to live a more holy life.
The motivation for living the Christian life is the Gospel. In the Gospel we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30, and now stand before God as perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10. This has some serious implications on how we should live. Christ is present in the Holy Spirit, so is God the Father. Knowing this how should we now live?

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hello, this is a most blessed truth you write about, this truth of our death and resurrection with Christ, oh to the understanding of this mystery the deeper…

Many blessings as we search into this mystery, a fellow dead man in Christ, Not me

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello, this is a most blessed truth you write about, this truth of our death and resurrection with Christ, oh to the understanding of this mystery the deeper…

Many blessings as we search into this mystery, a fellow dead man in Christ, Not me
When we look into the Gospel of Jesus Christ, we are indeed standing in deep water. Sometimes it is over our head.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hello my friend . and by fellow dead man in Christ , what do you suppose that truly means .
Oh , by grace i know . and do think you also know , but i know many do not even know that it means to be dead .
SO allow me some parting words.
DEAD , LIFE , YET by life came death .
DO that make sense . sure it does
once i was DEAD SPIRITUALLY yet ALIVE TO SIN . THEN came grace , then came life
and what i once lived in and for i was now dead too . Do that make sense .
THE dead man , the spiritually dead man i once was , came by grace , was drawn to CHRIST , awoke to SPIRITUAL LIFE
and became DEAD to sin . THOUGH sin still be present in the flesh , THE SPIRIT is my strength by which to keep it crucified
aka KEEP it dead to me . RECKON ye yourselves to be DEAD , NOT LOVING IN UP IN SIN , but DEAD TO SIN .
the old man once lived , though spiritually dead he was . Anway mayhaps you can explain it a bit .
BUT MOST TODAY have zero idea of what HE TOOK ON OUR SINS IN HIS OWN FLESH
so that we being DEAD TO SIN , should LIVE unto righteousness , EVEN MEANS .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The deep water is living water that gives life to those that are seeking the truth.
SO now i have a real good question for us all . WHY Do so many drink in the death of sin of the waters of men .
Thinking and convincing themselves it be LIFE .
you see SIN IS NOT LIFE , nor do it give life . SOWHY do we sit under men who through grace make sin okay or acceptable .
THAT BE THE DRINK OF DEATH and NOT LIFE . perhaps rainbows and other things need to be NOT SET UP IN CHURCHES .
Cause believe you me , JESUS never was , has been or will be the minstir of any sin .
HE wont hold an all incluisive rainbow of sin with a big fat grin and all it love . THAT AINT JESUS my friends .
NOR would JESUS honor or accept ANY SIN , including the love of money . BIBLE and TIME . the more we read it
daily the more our soul will flourish and be stirred up again . DO be encouraged my friend. the pope aint the answer
nor is his all inclusive love the answer or the solutoin on how to save souls . damn them all it surely will .
and the protestant realm and its rick warrens and seeker friendlies have lONG been under that spell . JESUS saves
but the ideals of men will grave .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
May we be blessed with the drowning of self… :)

Blessings, Not me
DROWN that monster . amen my friend . nothing good cometh or came or ever will come OF SELF .
Drown that ol monster . in and by JESUS CHRIST . reckon thyself to be dead unto SIN but alive unto CHRIST , unto righteousness .
HIT the trenches .

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
DROWN that monster . amen my friend . nothing good cometh or came or ever will come OF SELF .
Drown that ol monster . in and by JESUS CHRIST . reckon thyself to be dead unto SIN but alive unto CHRIST , unto righteousness .
HIT the trenches .
Your lips to God’s ears!!

Many blessings in the experiencing of,,, a fellow follower, Not me

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we look into the Gospel of Jesus Christ, we are indeed standing in deep water. Sometimes it is over our head.
Yet when folks look into this other love do social all inclusive gospel , they are indeed standing in deep
NOT WATER but DUNG DOO DOO and it is fast closing in over their heads. Just a friendly reminder to all .

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet when folks look into this other love do social all inclusive gospel , they are indeed standing in deep
NOT WATER but DUNG DOO DOO and it is fast closing in over their heads. Just a friendly reminder to all .
Fortunately, the Gospel is not about us. We had no part in it, we simply believe it.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who crucified you with Christ?
All that have come to Christ as repentant sinners to be saved by him have been crucified with Christ. No one will enter heaven that has not been crucified with Christ. Being crucified with Christ is a spiritual thing. Paul said, "I am crucified with Christ" Galatians 2:20. Was Paul actually crucified with Christ? Of course not. But spiritually he was. Who crucifies us when we come to Christ? God does. The old man (Adam) is put to death in Jesus Christ, Romans 6:6. That is not the end. When Jesus walked out of Josephs new tomb our new man walked out with him. "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation: old things have passed away; behold all things have become new" 2 Corinthians 5:17.