How to Test the Spirits?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a question for you....which I’ve asked, yet you only answer certain questions.

What would happen to you if you had no Bible to read?

Have you been Born Of The Spirit?

Please explain why you keep telling me to get into my Bible?

Why do you “ assume” that I and members don’t read our Bible?

Where do you understand the written word of God?

What does the written word of God line up with, maybe that should read what other word do we need from God that lines up with His written word.
The same reason why peter once wrote the church and told them
even though they knew the present truth he would continue to remind them , to stir them up to remembrance .
and he even told the church he would make a way for THEM to have these things ALWAYS in remembrance .
How did paul and the others STIR the CHURCH up ................By REMINDING THEM of these very things
even though THEY KNEW THEM . That is why i keep reminding all to get in the bible daily
and to be stirred up to remembrance in the very things they left us to read and to be reminded of .........
I see lots of wolves and also lots of unlearned folks trying to teach the peoples
and they are teaching them errors . And thus i am doing all by grace that i can to not only
remind us against said errors but also to get us back into daily bible reading
so as folks can grow , learn and be reminded of those very things .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I won’t flee commentaries, some can be very educational ,plus God speaks to us through some of them.

God is a loving God, he draws us to Jesus in His grace and mercy...not condemnation @amigo de christo xx
God does love us and by His spirit so do i love the peoples .
He is not against us and i am not against the peoples either .
But HE do warn dont HE . He does correct
so too would those of HIM . GOD works THROUGH the body , through the members
to Correct , to build up and to edify , To chasten and to correct those in error
so as they repent of said error . The pattern BOTH CHRIST and the apostles left us
WAS and IS INSPIRED BY GOD . And its good for us to learn , to know and to stay reminded in it .
Paul himself would rather have had joy seeing the people walking in truth
but he knew it was necessary to rebuke and to correct , to warn and etc the churches .
I would be so happy if all i seen was folks who focused on the LORD
that is joy . However often i do not see this in many . Rather i see peoples sitting under
bad doctrine and being led away by diverse strange teachings which even honor some sins
and even deny the dire need to beleive on JESUS the Christ .
And i desire not one soul to sit under that . We really should get refreshed again in the scripture .
Put me to the test on this . You go again and get in your bible daily , spend some time reading the
letters as a whole . Spend good time doing so . read again the gospels
read acts , read the letters and etc .
WHEN you read ask yourself , WHO did they point too . DID they correct error and sin
did they warn against sin . DID they go around to every synagogue
trying to make folks feel good about themselves or to find common ground
OR DID THEY preach the aboslute dire need to believe on JESUS CHRIST
and what did they do when folks resisted the truth .
DID they just say , HEY we all err , lets just find common ground
OR did they shake the dust off their feet and warn them big time for denying JESUS as the CHRIST .
We need to be reminded of the way THEY did things . Because i am tellling us all
that most leaders are not at all like they were in that bible . Not even close .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
to Correct , to build up and to edify , To chasten and to correct those in error
so as they repent of said error . The pattern BOTH CHRIST and the apostles left us
WAS and IS INSPIRED BY GOD . And its good for us to learn , to know and to stay reminded in it .
but he knew it was necessary to rebuke and to correct , to warn and etc the churches .
that is joy . However often i do not see this in many . Rather i see peoples sitting under
bad doctrine and being led away by diverse strange teachings which even honor some sins
And i desire not one soul to sit under that . We really should get refreshed again in the scripture .
Put me to the test on this . You go again and get in your bible daily , spend some time reading the
WHEN you read ask yourself , WHO did they point too . DID they correct error and sin
OR did they shake the dust off their feet and warn them big time for denying JESUS as the CHRIST .
We need to be reminded of the way THEY did things . Because i am tellling us all
that most leaders are not at all like they were in that bible . Not even close .
Brother is spotted. Praise the Lord.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
save-image.png

• Love

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
even though they knew the present truth he would continue to remind them , to stir them up to remembrance .
and he even told the church he would make a way for THEM to have these things ALWAYS in remembrance .
How did paul and the others STIR the CHURCH up ................By REMINDING THEM of these very things
even though THEY KNEW THEM . That is why i keep reminding all to get in the bible daily
and to be stirred up to remembrance in the very things they left us to read and to be reminded of .........
I see lots of wolves and also lots of unlearned folks trying to teach the peoples
and they are teaching them errors . And thus i am doing all by grace that i can to not only
save-image.png

• Love

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
save-image.png

• Love

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the better question is why NOT .
WHY does this generation seem to have such a problem with those who REMIND us to be reading the bible .
That be a real good question .
WHY , WHY is there a problem with anyone reminding folks to read and be reading the bible .
I already answered rita that if even i were shipwrecked on a deserted island and had no bible
STILL GOD IS WITH ME . SO the question now is , WHY is there such a problem with
those who do remind folks to be reading the bible .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another good answer...Praise the Lord that we know Him in our spirit!!.xx
TRUE INDEED dear sister .
now what if i answered and said the same thing .
Praise the LORD that we KNOW HIM in our spirit and yet
i was telling YOU , hey its not necessary to beleive HE is the CHRIST
that muslims and every other religoin are serving the same GOD and all we need do is love one the other
no matter what religoin or idea or belief we believe . WOULD YOU NOT
see a problem with me . You see this is why i try and get folks back into the bible .
because many , not saying you , CAN say that rita and yet the spirit the seem to follow
DONT TESTIFY OF JESUS CHRIST and it even honors certain sins too ,
Many people can lip the right stuff at first glance . YET when you examine their doctrines
their beliefs etc , THEY SEEM TO DENY THE SPIRIT , CHRIST , GOD .
Yet the last time i checked THE HOLY SPIRIT DONT and WONT do that .
I used to be the worst of the worst rita . EVEN WORSE than paul .
Not that i put anyone to death but I DID WHAT I DID , IN JESUS NAME
at least paul did what he did while not claiming to BELIEVE on JESUS .
THAT IS WORSE rita . far worse a thing to do .
Paul , or saul when he did what he did
was doing it Against CHRIST , not using the name of JESUS TO DO EVIL
THIS IS NOT GONNA BODE WELL FOR A LOT OF FOLKS SISTER .
GOD would rather one even be cold than LUKEWARM SISTER .
something the LUKEWARM DONT SEEM TO UNDERSTAND ONE BIT .

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you saying that God used His ability to manipulate Satan to get him to test Job by tempting him to curse God and die?

Then later God used His ability to manipulate Satan again, to get him to test Jesus by tempting him when he offered Jesus the kingdoms of this world if He would worship him?

So are you saying that God led Jesus into temptation?

Mat 4:1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
The Greek word is tested.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you saying that God used His ability to manipulate Satan to get him to test Job by tempting him to curse God and die?

Then later God used His ability to manipulate Satan again, to get him to test Jesus by tempting him when he offered Jesus the kingdoms of this world if He would worship him?

So are you saying that God led Jesus into temptation?

Mat 4:1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
Forms of the word
Dictionary:
πειράζω
Greek transliteration:
peirazō
Simplified transliteration:
peirazo
Principal Parts:
(ἐπείραζον), πειράσω, ἐπείρασα, -, πεπείρασμαι, ἐπειράσθην
Numbers
Strong's number:
GK Number:
Statistics
Frequency in New Testament:
Morphology of Biblical Greek Tag:
v-2a(1)
Gloss:
to test, tempt; to try to trap; to examine (oneself)

Definition:
to test, tempt; to try to trap; to examine (oneself). The difference between a test and a temptation is found in the tester's motivations and expectations; the devil tempts that the believer might fail God's standards of faith and so sin; God tests that he might determine and sharpen true character, with no focus on making the believer fail.

to make proof, or trial of, put to the proof, whether with good or mischievous intent, Mt. 16:1; 22:35; absol. to attempt, Acts 16:7; 24:6; in NT to tempt, Mt. 4:1; to try, subject to trial, 1 Cor. 10:13

• Love

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
For it is written, 'Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of GOD; And are built upon the foundation of the Apostles and Prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the Chief corner stone; In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an Holy Temple in the Lord: In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of GOD through the Spirit.'

Apparently, the New Testament foundation consist the testimonies of the Apostles and with them relatively include also the citation of the Prophets of the Old Testament. i agree with 'amigo de christo', the same is used over and over again, even though believers have been already disciple in, as a reminder and stir up of memory.

Any thing besides these and in contrary, are heresy and are of heretics, where Apostles labelled them as 'imposters' and 'counterfeits'. They even have congregation and elders who send them with letter of authorization to minister in other churches. As another Apostle says about them, that these were once with them in the beginning. But since, have gone ahead of them, and have established for themselves congregations of their own.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Here is a good answer for you guys from scripture, it is the answer of a good conscience, ( the resurrection of Jesus Christ) what else is a good conscience to you people...

1 Peter 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ: