How to Walk in Righteousness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you are misreading and therefore misunderstanding....this is what Episkopos said:

Heb. 3:10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.

Epi speaks of the ways OF God and you are asking about the ways TO God.
I would agree. except he continually speaks of ways to God. and continually mocks those who think there is only one way to God.

So while in this instance I may be in error. He still believes that

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually I don't think you are....

No, what I see is that he insists that there are ways of God and you keep changing the word "OF" to "TO"
I know what he said. And he did say TO GOD He spoke of those in error saying they believe in only one dimension to God, and these people mess up GODS WAYS.

So we see in context. Gods ways are used as ways to God

Episkopos said:

No problem brother....it's just that a lot of people here only see one dimension TO God...so they mess up all of God's ways...upholding neither.

it's very crucial to see the word as having a double edge....in both holiness AND righteousness.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually I don't think you are....

No, what I see is that he insists that there are ways of God and you keep changing the word "OF" to "TO".
PS,

If he believed there was only one way TO god. he would have said so when I asked him/ He would have corrected me, and showed how I misrepresented him.

He did not do this, Instead he went of on some tangent that never answered the question. then he told me to look at one of his old threads, and when I did. the posts he gave me were written by someone else not him.. And he has yet to correct that.

I think you would be better off to help HIM in these areas.. Because these areas hurt HIM.. not others..

Laurina

Feb 28, 2023
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I would agree. except he continually speaks of ways to God. and continually mocks those who think there is only one way to God.

So while in this instance I may be in error. He still believes that
Seems to me you still are misunderstanding him. I found this as I was reading another thread....it's from your post #520 on Sanctification is Not a Process.
You need to learn how to discern words. And not just pull out what you want to see.
Perhaps you could learn more if you use your own advice.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Seems to me you still are misunderstanding him. I found this as I was reading another thread....it's from your post #520 on Sanctification is Not a Process.
Since you want to be the mouth piece of Epi--

Rebbe, Melech HaMoshiach says to him, I am HaDerech, HaEmes, and HaChayyim. No one comes to HaAv except through me [1Sm 3:7].

(Egō eimi hē hodos kai hē alētheia kai hē zōē). Either of these statements is profound enough to stagger any one, but here all three together overwhelm Thomas. Jesus had called himself “the life” to Martha (Joh_11:25) and “the door” to the Pharisees (Joh_10:7) and “the light of the world” (Joh_8:12). He spoke “the way of God in truth” (Mar_12:14). He is the way to God and the only way (Joh_14:6), the personification of truth, the centre of life.
Except by me (ei mē di' emou). There is no use for the Christian to wince at these words of Jesus. If he is really the Incarnate Son of God (Joh_1:1, Joh_1:14, Joh_1:18), they are necessarily true.

The Jews talked much about the way in which men must walk and the ways of God. God said to Moses: "You shall not turn aside to the right hand or to the left. You shall walk in all the ways which the Lord your God has commanded you" (Deu_5:32-33). Moses said to the people: "I know that after my death you will surely act corruptly, and turn aside from the way which I have commanded you" (Deu_31:29). Isaiah had said: "Your ears shall hear a word behind you saying, This is the way, walk in it" (Isa_30:21).

In the brave new world there would be a highway called the Way of Holiness, and in it the wayfaring man, even though a simple soul, would not go lost (Isa_35:8). It was the Psalmist’s prayer: "Teach me thy way, O Lord" (Psa_27:11). The Jews knew much about the way of God in which a man must walk. And Jesus said: "I am the Way."

What did he mean? Suppose we are in a strange town and ask for directions. Suppose the person asked says: "Take the first to the right, and the second to the left. Cross the square, go past the church, take the third on the right and the road you want is the fourth on the left."

The chances are that we will be lost before we get half-way. But suppose the person we ask says: "Come. I’ll take you there." In that case the person to us is the way, and we cannot miss it.
That is what Jesus does for us. He does not only give advice and directions. He takes us by the hand and leads us; he strengthens us and guides us personally every day. He does not tell us about the way; he is the Way.

.....I am sure we can be in agreement with this, yes?

Laurina

Feb 28, 2023
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I know what he said. And he did say TO GOD He spoke of those in error saying they believe in only one dimension to God, and these people mess up GODS WAYS.

So we see in context. Gods ways are used as ways to God
When he said TO GOD he wasn't talking about ways but dimension!! READ what he says...then you won't misunderstand. You are the only one talking about WAYS TO GOD, he talks about WAYS OF GOD. I've read the posts, have you?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
PS,

If he believed there was only one way TO god. he would have said so when I asked him/ He would have corrected me, and showed how I misrepresented him.

You are a beauty. I have corrected everything you say...Because you have no understanding of what I say or what you read in the bible.

You are confusing Jesus as the ONE Mediator between the Father and us...with your own pride and presumptions. Can you read that again....and again....etc.

You don't know how to read....at least not able to comprehend ideas...because you do as the Pharisees do...you read yourself into the text in ALL dishonesty. Then you are surprised when you muddle everything you hear.

So you will twist my words the way you twist the meaning of the bible. A classic ego religionist.
He did not do this, Instead he went of on some tangent that never answered the question. then he told me to look at one of his old threads, and when I did. the posts he gave me were written by someone else not him.. And he has yet to correct that.

Your reading comprehension is so poor...I have NO TIME to tutor you.
I think you would be better off to help HIM in these areas.. Because these areas hurt HIM.. not others..
You are lost in a religious fog of darkness.

Drop the religious facade and come to the light! Go to the cross...

Last edited:

Laurina

Feb 28, 2023
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
PS,

And what, in your words, is this echad dimension?
I sorry, you misunderstand. In post #323 I saw that Eternally Grateful was having problems reading what she posted. It's about reading skills. I don't know where she got the quote that she pulled up and I wasn't involved in that conversation so you'd have to you to the source for an answer. From my view, she keeps twisting Epi's words, she's misunderstanding.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He was deemed righteous BEFORE he was baptized into Christ. Read without a religious bent.
And yet he wasn't deemed saved until he had received the gospel. Why else would God have gone to all the trouble to send Peter there to preach Christ if Cornelius was already saved by his own righteousness?

I will concede this though, that it's possible Cornelius had faith on the same level that Abraham and other OT saints had. But since he was alive after the cross, he needed to hear the gospel to be perfected in the same sense that the OT saints (who had died by this time) "without us would not be made perfect"..ie, through the gospel, that Jesus descended into the place of the dead to preach it to them in order that they too would be saved.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You are a beauty. I have corrected everything you say...Because you have no understanding of what I say or what you read in the bible.

You are confusing Jesus as the ONE Mediator between the Father and us...with your own pride and presumptions. Can you read that again....and again....etc.

You don't know how to read....at least not able to comprehend ideas...because you do as the Pharisees do...you read yourself into the text in ALL dishonesty. Then you are surprised when you muddle everything you hear.

So you will twist my words the way you twist the meaning of the bible. A classic ego religionist.

Your reading comprehension is so poor...I have NO TIME to tutor you.

You are lost in a religious fog of darkness.
Brother, this shows you have no anavah and humility toward those who are in disagreement with you.

With all anavah (humility) of mind and meekness, with savlanut (longsuffering), showing forbearance to one another in ahavah,

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Maybe instead of every ego-driven assumer taking the bible as a means to build false presumptions...I suggest ya'll taking a reading comprehension class.

Only those who want to pretend make themselves the hero in a given story.

As long as people don't obey the rules of reading comprehension....we are going to have silliness rule the threads.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Maybe instead of every ego-driven assumer taking the bible as a means to build false presumptions...I suggest ya'll taking a reading comprehension class.

Only those who want to pretend make themselves the hero in a given story.

As long as people don't obey the rules of reading comprehension....we are going to have silliness rule the threads.
So if I read you correctly--you are the only one with reading comprehension on this forum?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And yet he wasn't deemed saved until he had received the gospel.

By whom? And saved to what? Use reading comprehension skills here...

Are you saying that God condemns the righteous? Back it up. Find out how God sees the righteous. Read the bible. Put in the time. Take the words of God seriously.

Put your ego aside. God resists the proud.

Why else would God have gone to all the trouble to send Peter there to preach Christ if Cornelius was already saved by his own righteousness?

AHA. You want to filter the bible through a religiously infected mind. Believe what you want. Be a Pharisee.
I will concede this though, that it's possible Cornelius had faith on the same level that Abraham and other OT saints had. But since he was alive after the cross, he needed to hear the gospel to be perfected in the same sense that the OT saints (who had died by this time) "without us would not be made perfect"..ie, through the gospel, that Jesus descended into the place of the dead to preach it to them in order that they too would be saved.
More vain conjecture. You have no understanding of the ways of God. Please stop brainstorming out loud...people can hear you.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So if I read you correctly--you are the only one with reading comprehension on this forum?
If you could read you would see that many here agree with me. But since you only read selectively...you only see yourself...and those you agree with. You do the same thing when you read the bible. You only see the text agreeing with you. You do not see the judgment coming.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Find where it says that God condemns the righteous....

I won't be responding to you again until you learn a lot more. Read the bible. Pray to the Lord for guidance. Stop judging from a dogmatic ideology...and escape the judgment to come.
I think you are forgetting that those who were righteous by faith before the cross still had to have the gospel preached to them (by Jesus) after they (and He) had died. The lamb was slain from the foundation of the world, so salvation was always possible before the cross, but in this way....still through faith, the cross and the gospel - and not without it.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think you are forgetting that those who were righteous by faith before the cross still had to have the gospel preached to them (by Jesus) after they (and He) had died. The lamb was slain from the foundation of the world, so salvation was always possible before the cross, but in this way....still through faith, the cross and the gospel - and not without it.
I think you should read the bible and stop with the vain reasoning.

You know what idee fixe is? Neurosis?

All these things get in the way of reading comprehension never mind revelation from God.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The lamb was slain from the foundation of the world, so salvation was always possible before the cross

Even those who died before Christ’s ministry had the gospel preached unto them:

“…for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.” (1 Peter 4:6)

“For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.” (1 Peter 3:18-20)

• Love
Reactions: Lizbeth
Status
Not open for further replies.