How to Walk in Righteousness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Children will be children. I don't take all the ugliness seriously. It's people who desperately need to grow up and go to the cross.

A pretend righteousness produces a pretend everything else.

Much love!
Maybe you could set the example for us and lead the way . Show us the godly example we should follow. The spiritual mature one from 1 Corinthians 13. All I’m hearing are symbols and gongs

If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm back! :) So this concerning prophets.

I'm not surprised at this. The modern Church is not based on an intimacy with God...so then a direct line to the throne of God isn't required for these. Men's approval is all that is needed.

The New Testament gives us the guidelines to how we should meet. Without prophets there is no church....maybe a prayer meeting or a bible study....but not church. Without real saints there is no church.

Notice this...

1 Cor 14:26 How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.
27 If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret.
28 But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.
29 Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.
30 If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace.
31 For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted.
32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.
33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

Notice what is required for the church of the saints. Notice the 2 or 3 are prophets. They speak in HIS NAME.

People get together to pray...like the disciples did in the upper room...but that wasn't church until they were empowered by the Spirit.

Until the Spirit falls onto the people or at least the leaders...it isn't church.

Meeting in the NAME of Christ means having prophets speaking HIS actual real time instruction. Where there are 2 or 3 prophets...there is Jesus in their midst.
You know, I was thinking about this some more. I have never understood why everyone ends prayers with:in Jesus’ name we pray. I have only prayed aloud twice in my life and both times I was asked and sort of pressured a little, but neither time did I recite those words at the end because…I just don’t pray stuff I don’t understand. And I’ve never said it when I pray in private either. I don’t object to everyone saying it, it’s just that I don’t do it because I never understood why I would.

But after thinking on your post here, it makes sense to me why I’ve never said or recited it…

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm back! :) So this concerning prophets.

I'm not surprised at this. The modern Church is not based on an intimacy with God...so then a direct line to the throne of God isn't required for these. Men's approval is all that is needed.

The New Testament gives us the guidelines to how we should meet. Without prophets there is no church....maybe a prayer meeting or a bible study....but not church. Without real saints there is no church.

Notice this...

1 Cor 14:26 How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.
27 If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret.
28 But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.
29 Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.
30 If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace.
31 For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted.
32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.
33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

Notice what is required for the church of the saints. Notice the 2 or 3 are prophets. They speak in HIS NAME.

People get together to pray...like the disciples did in the upper room...but that wasn't church until they were empowered by the Spirit.

Until the Spirit falls onto the people or at least the leaders...it isn't church.

Meeting in the NAME of Christ means having prophets speaking HIS actual real time instruction. Where there are 2 or 3 prophets...there is Jesus in their midst.
Please quote the invisible verse in the Bible that says what you claimed above .

You said this - “ Where there are 2 or 3 prophets...there is Jesus in their midst. “

I’ll get the popcorn machine ready this should be good lol .

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know, I was thinking about this some more. I have never understood why everyone ends prayers with:in Jesus’ name we pray. I have only prayed aloud twice in my life and both times I was asked and sort of pressured a little, but neither time did I recite those words at the end because…I just don’t pray stuff I don’t understand. And I’ve never said it when I pray in private either. I don’t object to everyone saying it, it’s just that I don’t do it because I never understood why I would.

But after thinking on your post here, it makes sense to me why I’ve never said it…
There is Power in The Name of Jesus, The Name that is above all names. "If you ask anything in My Name, I will do it."

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is Power in The Name of Jesus, The Name that is above all names. "If you ask anything in My Name, I will do it."
Well, Ive asked many things of God in prayer (mostly when I was younger) that He didn’t do. But I always saw at some point why He didn’t give me what I asked. And conversely, I ve asked things He did give me, but never adding that tagline at the end.
And I just think I understand now why I never said it. Because I don’t think it means, if you add these words, your prayer will be answered. It’s not some sort of talisman. And when I pray, I honestly don’t know if He will grant my request because I don’t know if it’s His will or not. And I think if I don’t know His will on a matter, then I probably shouldn’t say I’m praying in His name/will. But a prophet might do it…

Reactions: GTW27

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, Ive asked many things of God in prayer (mostly when I was younger) that He didn’t do. But I always saw at some point why He didn’t give me what I asked. And conversely, I ve asked things He did give me, but never adding that tagline at the end.
Well today could be the day.

• Love
Reactions: ChristisGod

Laurina

Feb 28, 2023
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have abided in him, and I have walked in his spirit. And yes, at those times, My focus is on loving others and not myself and I do not sin

I do not understand you at all. I am saying this out of love, You have followed this so called prophet for years. You have gone from chatroom to chatroom. Each place it is the same story. You have walked with him hand in hand, Yet you have NEVER walked in the spirit.. Your prophet has failed you. If you are his greatest disciple (your the only true one I have met so I assume you are) he is a total failurE what kind of prophet leads a flock that has no power to walk in the spirit?

You should run, He has failed you for this long, what makes you think he will not continue to fail you. You should be a leader against him, not blindly sticking up for him every time someone accuses him of something.
This sounds like something Job's wife would say. :(

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well today could be the day.
Mmm…I don’t think so…I think I won’t say it unless I have seen what His will is. And if I ever do see what He wills me to pray, I think I (personally) still wouldn’t say it. I mean, if He gave me what to pray, He would already know I was praying in His name…

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And a true prophet would point you to that Name, Jesus
I don’t think prophets point people to a name. I think they remind people what God wants…and speak for God/in Gods name because He has told them/revealed to them.

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mmm…I don’t think so…I think I won’t say it unless I have seen what His will is. And if I ever do see what He wills me to pray, I think I (personally) still wouldn’t say it. I mean, if He gave me what to pray, He would already know I was praying in His name…
Perhaps you are not ready for that Name today, but someday you will be. I get that from your screen name. Thank you for the conversation.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It’s s shame that so many have to contribute to the unedifying kind of communication, we let this thread continue in hope that it would change ….but it obviously isn’t going to.
Thread now locked

Status
Not open for further replies.