How to Walk in Righteousness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Agreed. We are not saved because of our understanding. Notice how understanding is not among the 10C. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten understanding to the world. Is that how your translation reads?
Uncanny! How did you know my bible doesn't say that?

I don't suppose your bible says. "My People perish for lack of knowledge". I know mine doesn't.

Reactions: faithfulness

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Gospel is not complicated.
  1. Just because you ask questions does not change the fact.
  2. Your attempt to muddy the waters with divisive questions does not change the fact.
  3. Making an IDOL of your doctrines does not change the fact.
Over-analysis leads to paralysis - even for Epi.
Whereas reading and believing what we read leads to transformation. But we have to be humble and honest, willing to receive correction, willing to accept when we've been wrong about something.

Much love!

Last edited:
Reactions: APAK and Wrangler

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yup. Sad but true. He always assumes the position of lecturer, swatting away kinks in his armor - that is more kink than armor.
I thought we were agreeing here...not using our minds, understanding and wisdom...and how these are just idols.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Knowledge ("understanding the truth") is an IDOL, the lesson from Original Sin.

Do you suppose only MENSA members may enter heaven, with their greater capacity to understand the truth?
How seriously should we take the words of someone who disparages "doctrinal clarity"? A clear knowledge of truth is something bad? No it's not.

It's just another derisive/deflecting statement.

Much love!

Reactions: Wrangler

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God is the One Who must convince us. But we can participate IF we will accept His Word.

Much love!
Let the money roll in....

Just the bible and you....now receive the bible...No need for God's personal intervention. He just wants to bless you and your finances.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought we were agreeing here...not using our minds, understanding and wisdom...and how these are just idols.
Epi, my friend. We agree.

Dismissing your sarcasm, it is up to us to love God with our all. If our understanding fail some Epi test, it does not mean the mind is not loving God with it's all. This is true EVEN IF a person is dim witted and relies all the more on God's grace.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your kind words Apak.
If that is what you think they were then go with it for your shallow amusement and then brush off. I'm just reporting on what person I see affront of me by his/your writings to others and myself. Learn from it or not, it's up to you of course.

You know I've experienced a couple of folks in my life from a very early age that projects a very similar profile and image or mask as yours. And I have been right on my assessment about them then, and now, and I suspect given more years with your writings it will be the same type of assessment for you, and just through your words...if I'm wrong you will hear it from me of course.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let the money roll in....

Just the bible and you....now receive the bible...No need for God's personal intervention. He just wants to bless you and your finances.
You do realize kenneth copeland is false ...................right .
Those whose love is money follow the root of all evil .
THEY twist the bible , they twist the scriptures unto their own destruction .
mark is not of that group .
PS , however kenneth copeland now follows the same POPE you do .
as do all them money lovers . REMEMBER i told you what was revealed to me BY GOD .
That all that are false would end up going down that road . YOU ON that same road my friend .
SOON enough you will all meet having found a false common ground .
THEY ARE MERGING Under the lie , the very lie you bring . Even they believe in many paths now
and cling to pope francis as though he is the man of GOD for all to hear .
You all , both you and they are being decieved . GET back to THE BIBLE . STOP heeding men with agendas
and false promises and LEARN CHRIST for YOU

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If that is what you think they were then go with it for your shallow amusement and then brush off. I'm just reporting on what person I see affront of me by his writings to others and myself. Learn from it or not, it's up to you of course.

You know I've experienced a couple of folks in my life from a very early age that projects a very similar profile and image or mask as yours. And I have been right on my assessment about them then, and now, and I suspect given more years with your writings it will be the same type of assessment for you, and just through your words...if I'm wrong you will hear it from me of course.
I think we all have met a godly person sometime in our youth...maybe an angel or two...without realizing it. The bible does say...if we are open to hospitality...that we may have unwittingly entertained angels.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Find the verse you like...now believe it and receive it. Yes indeed.
No , FIND ALL THE VERSES . dont pick and choose . AGAIN you are guilty of what you accuse others of being guilty .
I dont pick and choose . BELIEVE IT . In time a lamb will learn to rightly divide ALL the words of truth .
IN the beginning it might seem like there are contradictions . BUT THEY ARE NOT .
ITS a lack of understanding on our part . BUT IN TIME IT ALL comes together more and more and more .
COME TO CHRIST JESUS epi , COME and recieve the pardon of sins , come and recieve eternal life
and learn and grow under HIM . LEARN that bible .
BE not as the many , who though GOD desires not their death
and would have often covered them as does a mother hen under her wings only THEY WOULD NOT .
EMBRACE THE GOSPEL OF GOD and OF HIS CHRIST . ENTER INTO THE GLORIOUS KINGDOM , THE HEAVENLY KINGDOM .
WHERE THERE IS BUT ONE WAY IN , HIS NAME IS CHRIST JESUS . BELIEVE IT and then GO and tell the world .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Being in a religious environment is freaky. Everything that is normal, is seen as not normal. What what is invented and made up....that's the new normal. The unreal is to now be seen as real. The real is now to be seen as not relevant. That has to happen IF one is trying to line up one's ideas with the bible..without any understanding, or power.

The reason it's called supernatural is because it is greater than natural...not instead of natural.

It's like the law. A person without the law is called lawless. Lawlessness is not grace. It is only called grace when there is no power OVER what the law is saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.