How Unique are You?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

but they can

Jer_50:6 My people hath been lost sheep: their shepherds have caused them to go astray, they have turned them away on the mountains: they have gone from mountain to hill, they have forgotten their restingplace.

Mat 18:12 How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?
But you need to prove I'm leading people astray according to the bible.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 4:10-13 KJV
[10] We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we are weak, but ye are strong; ye are honourable, but we are despised. [11] Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace; [12] And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it: [13] Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.

Tecarta Bible

Reactions: Dave L

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But you need to prove I'm leading people astray according to the bible.

Joh 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

according to you, His sheep must not hear His voice and they must follow after you, how do the sheep learn to know the voice of there true shepherd when the hireling doesnt know it himself.

D

Dave L

Joh 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

according to you, His sheep must not hear His voice and they must follow after you, how do the sheep learn to know the voice of there true shepherd when the hireling doesnt know it himself.
You are accusing me of something you cannot verify with scripture. You are only venting.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are accusing me of something you cannot verify with scripture. You are only venting.

How man times do you need to read Hear Him, it there before your very eyes, are you blind

Heb_12:25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

again

Joh 9:40 And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?
Joh 9:41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

D

Dave L

How man times do you need to read Hear Him, it there before your very eyes, are you blind

Heb_12:25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

again

Joh 9:40 And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?
Joh 9:41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.
You are merely venting and misapplying scripture.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very simple. God decrees some things, but He ALLOWS many things. Eventually all things work after the council of His own will, since God sees the end from the beginning. That does not require Determinism or Predestination of everything. Foreknowledge is not the same as Predestination.
The things God allows are still what He decreed, so nevertheless He decrees all things. As scripture states Eph 1:11
in whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

Reactions: Helen

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The things God allows are still what He decreed, so nevertheless He decrees all things.
That is completely and totally false. God allows sin, evil, and wickedness to exist on earth, but if you are claiming that God decreed all the evil that exists, you are making God to be more evil than Satan! If that is your God you have a very serious problem.

When the Bible says that God works all things after the counsel of His own will, it simply means that God takes into account all things (good and evil) and works with them to accomplish His own purposes.

The crucifixion of Christ is the best example. God had predetermined before He created mankind that Jesus would become the Lamb of God to take away the sin of the world. But in His foreknowledge, He already knew that evil men would plot against Christ wickedly, that Judas Iscariot would betray Him, that Pilate would succumb to the demands of the mob.

But did God cause these evil men to do their evil deeds? Did He DECREE that the religious leaders of Israel should plot against Christ? If that is what you believe, then you are substituting God for Satan. Which is very evil in itself.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is completely and totally false. God allows sin, evil, and wickedness to exist on earth, but if you are claiming that God decreed all the evil that exists, you are making God to be more evil than Satan! If that is your God you have a very serious problem.

When the Bible says that God works all things after the counsel of His own will, it simply means that God takes into account all things (good and evil) and works with them to accomplish His own purposes.

The crucifixion of Christ is the best example. God had predetermined before He created mankind that Jesus would become the Lamb of God to take away the sin of the world. But in His foreknowledge, He already knew that evil men would plot against Christ wickedly, that Judas Iscariot would betray Him, that Pilate would succumb to the demands of the mob.

But did God cause these evil men to do their evil deeds? Did He DECREE that the religious leaders of Israel should plot against Christ? If that is what you believe, then you are substituting God for Satan. Which is very evil in itself.

Agreed! Is our God not powerful enough to use those who reject Him for His purposes? Just as He chooses those that He already knows will accept Him and obey and love Him. A gift is something that we
receive from Him. He is love so. He does not have to force disbelief on some and not on others as, they do a fine job of it on their own. We are what we take in and, if we take His Word to heart...it will not return to Him void :)
He knows beforehand all things, like you said...He already knew Christ would be THE Lamb who takes away the sins of the world. He does not force anything on anybody. When He walked the earth, He spoke to ALL who would listen. They either accepted His words or they rejected them.
Amen bro!

Reactions: Helen and Enoch111

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sorry but its true

As scripture states Eph 1:11
in whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

Reactions: Helen

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
enoch

This is blasphemy, for it supposes God learned something from without Himself, and then responded to it ! Rom 11 34-36

34 For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor? 35 Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again? 36 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is blasphemy, for it supposes God learned something from without Himself, and then responded to it !
What is actually blasphemous is your nonsensical belief that God actually DECREES sin, evil, and wickedness.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom 9:21
Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

The rise and falls of nations.. indeed,

He lifts one up and places him on a pedestal. If his heart remains true, he reamains on the pedestal.
And if his heart fails, he is brought low, from whence he started. Try agian..

Rom 9:22
What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
Rom 9:23
And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
Rom 9:24
Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

What if God is "willing" he is allowing to show his displeasure, his disappointment, his grief, on those who are failing, walking off a cliff.
For what purpose? To show them the power of his Grace and Mercy.. which is promised to all men.

2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

God is not "willing" it is not his purpose that any should perish, but rather they turn back to him.

What is the wrath of God?

I like this one:
Deu 29:28
And the LORD rooted them out of their land in anger, and in wrath, and in great indignation, and cast them into another land, as it is this day.

Back to the drawing board boys!!

:)
HUGS