How Unique are You?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
D.L. < God speaks through scripture. Crazy people think they hear God speaking. >

So, tough on the illiterate then, and those stuck on some island with no bible, and have not learned by heart the bible Gen-Rev.
God can't possibly speak to them.
Now how crazy is that!!!

@amadeus @mjrhealth

I guess I must like 'crazy' then...in my experience God seems to turn up wherever crazy people are!! LOL
I am not certain that there are really more crazy people in this sense today than yesterday [whenever that was], but maybe the contrast is being turned up for some [you and I and a few?] so we are able to make the distinction more easily than previously... To some/many certainly Jesus was the crazy one when he walked planet Earth 2000 years ago.

"And when his friends heard of it, they went out to lay hold on him: for they said, He is beside himself." Mark 3:21

Did not John write about us becoming like Him?

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

D

Dave L

D.L. < God speaks through scripture. Crazy people think they hear God speaking. >

So, tough on the illiterate then, and those stuck on some island with no bible, and have not learned by heart the bible Gen-Rev.
Now how crazy is that!!!

@amadeus @mjrhealth

I guess I must like 'crazy' then...in my experience God seems to turn up wherever crazy people are!! LOL
The hear preaching. Not voices in their head.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"

Now how crazy is that!!!

@amadeus @mjrhealth

"I guess I must like 'crazy' then...in my experience God seems to turn up wherever crazy people are!! LOL"
It's nice to know I'm in good company :D

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
1Co 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
1Co 1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
1Co 1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

but than

Heb_4:7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.

but like pharaoh

Exo_8:32 And Pharaoh hardened his heart at this time also, neither would he let the people go.

the devil and the religious cant afford to have Christs sheep follow after them for they would not have anyone to rule and reign over.

Jer 23:1 Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the LORD.
Jer 23:2 Therefore thus saith the LORD God of Israel against the pastors that feed my people; Ye have scattered my flock, and driven them away, and have not visited them: behold, I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the LORD.

still doing it even today, just that most are not His pastors....

Joh_10:12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.

but

Joh 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

still they dont believe.

Reactions: amadeus and Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How unique?

Unique enough to be peculiar and acceptable for God to take me on an incredible journey.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Pisteuo and amadeus

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You can search for the truth in scripture, or you can construct your own version of it misapplying it. Which you do in this case ignoring all that Paul said about tongues and prophecy expiring when scripture became complete.
well you see that is exactly what you are doing, denying God, all for your own beliefs.

Lying to the people you preach to... good one.

Reactions: Taken

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It seems to me that the only unique Person on this forum is only @Dave L as he is not crazy like the rest of us. Just ask him and he will probably tell us that that is so true.

D

Dave L

It seems to me that the only unique Person on this forum is only @Dave L as he is not crazy like the rest of us. Just ask him and he will probably tell us that that is so true.
False Religion drives people crazy en masse. So it is uniform in certain cases.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Prove I'm lying. If you cannot, you are lying.
Something like this

Mat_17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

and again

Joh_10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh_10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

and again

Joh_10:3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

and again

Heb 4:7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.

so can we presume you are not of His flock and have hardened your heart or is it that you are a man who has authority over the people like pharaoh,

Exo_8:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, Go unto Pharaoh, and say unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Let my people go, that they may serve me.

i guess you wont or cant.

Act_2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

or is it you are missing something, but Jesus had something to say

Mat 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

or is it

Act_26:14 And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

so many persecuting Christ..

Exo 9:17 As yet exaltest thou thyself against my people, that thou wilt not let them go?

and one more

Joh_6:45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me

not men Him they shall follow.

Last edited:
D

Dave L

Something like this

Mat_17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

and again

Joh_10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

and again

Joh_10:3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

and again

Heb 4:7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.

so can we presume you are not of His flock and have hardened your heart or is it that you are a man who has authority over the people like pharaoh,

Exo_8:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, Go unto Pharaoh, and say unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Let my people go, that they may serve me.

i guess you wont or cant.

Act_2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

or is it you are missing something, but Jesus had something to say

Mat 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

or is it

Act_26:14 And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

so many persecuting Christ..

Exo 9:17 As yet exaltest thou thyself against my people, that thou wilt not let them go?

and one more

Joh_6:45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me

not men Him they shall follow.
What is your point?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prove I'm lying. If you cannot, you are lying.
You must have a strange or unusual definition for the word, "prove". As Christians, as followers of Christ, how can we prove our beliefs which are by faith to another person? God most certainly can, but His proof to us is not transferrable unless He is in the transfer AND the person to whom the proof is directed has opened his door to it.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What is your point?
I thought you where the smart one,

1Co_1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

and as Christ put it

Mat_11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

there where many reasons why Jesus used the empty vessels prepared for the temple, that HE chose to fill with water and change to the best wine, and men are so filled with themselves they have no place for God and even declare it

The hear preaching. Not voices in their head.

Luk 11:51 From the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacharias, which perished between the altar and the temple: verily I say unto you, It shall be required of this generation.
Luk 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

D

Dave L

I thought you where the smart one,

1Co_1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

and as Christ put it

Mat_11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

there where many reasons why Jesus used the empty vessels prepared for the temple, that HE chose to fill with water and change to the best wine, and men are so filled with themselves they have no place for God and even declare it

Luk 11:51 From the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacharias, which perished between the altar and the temple: verily I say unto you, It shall be required of this generation.
Luk 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.
What's your point?

D

Dave L

You must have a strange or unusual definition for the word, "prove". As Christians, as followers of Christ, how can we prove our beliefs which are by faith to another person? God most certainly can, but His proof to us is not transferrable unless He is in the transfer AND the person to whom the proof is directed has opened his door to it.
Jesus says we will know the truth. And also we will know people by their fruits.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus says we will know the truth. And also we will know people by their fruits.
Indeed, and when we do know the truth then shall be free. When is this when? Does each of those who say they know really know? Are not some people in delusion and only thinking they know that they are free?

By their fruits they shall be known, again indeed it is so. But who that walks in delusion really knows? This again is the reason it is needful to daily go back to that lowest room and simply surrender to God. Then it is He for sure who will do the lifting up.

D

Dave L

Indeed, and when we do know the truth then shall be free. When is this when? Does each of those who say they know really know? Are not some people in delusion and only thinking they know that they are free?

By their fruits they shall be known, again indeed it is so. But who that walks in delusion really knows? This again is the reason it is needful to daily go back to that lowest room and simply surrender to God. Then it is He for sure who will do the lifting up.
Jesus says his words are truth and the truth will set us free. How free are you? Any examples?