How Unique are You?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

Freedom from the bondage of the world's lies, if the light of God's Word gives us understanding of the truth as it is in Christ.
I think many have religious bondage in place of the freedom they are supposed to have because of false teaching and indoctrination.

Reactions: farouk
D

Dave L

Well, exactly.

Luke 11.35 comes to mind: " Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness."
It might make an interesting thread about religious bondage in churches. I have many examples.

Reactions: farouk

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think many have religious bondage in place of the freedom they are supposed to have because of false teaching and indoctrination.
Imagine that! Here is a person who has been thoroughly indoctrinated into many false ideas, but he cannot see it. Dave, your primary objective should be to deal with all your own false theological baggage, never mind all the other churches.

Reactions: mjrhealth

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus says his words are truth and the truth will set us free. How free are you? Any examples?
While I am in Jesus and in the Spirit, I am free to love Him and to love my neighbor as myself. At times on this forum I have attacked people when I should have had mercy and loved them as Jesus loved them. That was me trying to reattach the chains which had bound me continuously before I met Him. When I always stay in the Spirit and in Him, there are no chains holding me from doing the right thing and from loving as God loves.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What's your point?
Are you not the "studied" one,

Should it bare repeating

Joh_10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

and again

1Jn 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
1Jn 1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

Bur what was it Christ said

Mat_7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Preach you say. they would rather know Christ ....

Reactions: amadeus

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus says his words are truth and the truth will set us free. How free are you? Any examples?
Free from,

The bondage of sin
The wages of sin , redeemed in Christ Jesus
Religion and bondage to men churches, ideologies, laws ,rules corruption
Works, now we are resting in Christ as God did rest from His works,.
Free to serve and worship God in any way we choose- Joh_4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
Free because he came to set the captives free, cause the blind to see, the deaf to hear the lame to walk the sick to be healed the broken hearted to be healed

but some still choose captivity, they are not free

Reactions: Dave L
D

Dave L

Are you not the "studied" one,

Should it bare repeating

Joh_10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

and again

1Jn 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
1Jn 1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

Bur what was it Christ said

Mat_7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Preach you say. they would rather know Christ ....
You are being purely judgmental and exploiting scripture venting your hatred for me.

D

Dave L

Imagine that! Here is a person who has been thoroughly indoctrinated into many false ideas, but he cannot see it. Dave, your primary objective should be to deal with all your own false theological baggage, never mind all the other churches.
Have you ever studied the creeds or historic theology objectively? Or are you just saying what you've been trained to believe? Any bible college? Church history?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are being purely judgmental and exploiting scripture venting your hatred for me.

Did you not as me to show you where you where lying?? Did I not do as you asked?? So why are you so offended, and what has you being offended got to do with me hating you?? did you not say "the truth has set you free", so why are you so offended by the truth???

D

Dave L

Did you not as me to show you where you where lying?? Did I not do as you asked?? So why are you so offended, and what has you being offended got to do with me hating you?? did you not say "the truth has set you free", so why are you so offended by the truth???
You offer no proof, just venting your opinions that might be perceived as personal hatred towards me.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You offer no proof, just venting your opinions that might be perceived as personal hatred towards me.
Is this something to do with,

Joh 16:1 These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.
Joh 16:2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.
Joh 16:3 And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.

the truth will always offend those who believe the lie. How many people have you kept from Christ today...

Exo 8:32 And Pharaoh hardened his heart at this time also, neither would he let the people go.

they dont belong to you, the are His and should be following Him not you.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Joh 16:2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.
Joh 16:3 And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.

the truth will always offend those who believe the lie. How many people have you kept from Christ today...

Exo 8:32 And Pharaoh hardened his heart at this time also, neither would he let the people go.

Matthew 18:7 KJV
[7] Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!

Tecarta Bible

Reactions: mjrhealth
D

Dave L

“All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.” (John 6:37) (KJV 1900)

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are accusing me of leading people astray who cannot be led astray. You said; "they dont [sic] belong to you, the are His and should be following Him not you."
but they can

Jer_50:6 My people hath been lost sheep: their shepherds have caused them to go astray, they have turned them away on the mountains: they have gone from mountain to hill, they have forgotten their restingplace.

Mat 18:12 How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?