How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being a Mom is not what I expected. I never watched babies before Naomi was born.

I thought babies were kind of ...random and loved baby toys. Naomi is determined to be as independent as possible and copy everything we do. She loves the objects she sees us using around the house more than the baby toys. She spends a good portion of her day standing as much as possible.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I want to scrapbook, read classic books, and write a book myself. Off to go do--- it seems all my online spaces addict me and waste the time I could be spending doing that.
Potentially industrious...

Wynona: I always wanted to write a book, and one day someone at my work place said to me that people write books successfully because they have something to really say. I pondered over these words, even for years. I struggled and always found ways to judge myself not worth of saying something of importance to me and hopefully to others. I gave many excuses for not having any worthwhile to say. Then one day I said to heck with it, I have interests in certain areas and I will start writing...

and then it began, about 20 years...not finished with one book yet.

I have 3 non-fiction books in work. Over 1000 pages in one, another of about 200 pages and another of the same length.

I will get them finished with the dates I've set for each. in 3 years for the first and 5 years for the next two. I pray my brain may still function by then....

Last edited:

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Potentially industrious...

Wynona: I always wanted to write a book, and one day someone at my work place said to me that people write books successfully because they have something to really say. I pondered over these words, even for years. I struggled and always found ways to judge myself not worth of saying something of importance to me and hopefully to others. I gave many excuses for not having any worthwhile to say. Then one day I said to heck with it, I have interests in certain areas and I will start writing...

and then it began, about 20 years...not finished with one book yet.

I have 3 non-fiction books in work. Over 1000 pages in one, another of about 200 pages and another of the same length.

I will get them finished with the dates I've set for each. in 3 years for the first and 5 years for the next two. I pray my brain may still function by then....
I truly appreciate you sharing this. I relate to that self-conscious feeling a lot.

• Love
Reactions: APAK

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really get amnesia when it comes to things I have accomplished. If it's not perfectly done, I give myself credit for nothing.

So I just bought a big glass jar and some craft marbles. When I check something off my to-do list, one marble will go into the jar. It's the same as a social media notification but more productive.

When I run out of marbles, I will ask for a reward.

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really get amnesia when it comes to things I have accomplished. If it's not perfectly done, I give myself credit for nothing.

So I just bought a big glass jar and some craft marbles. When I check something off my to-do list, one marble will go into the jar. It's the same as a social media notification but more productive.

Now try placing color coded or different colored marbles in separate jars. Red ones for critical task done, yellow ones in a separate jar for necessary things done, and green ones in another for discretionary ones of less importance completed.

This might be a way to gauge what types of tasks or projects you actually complete or finish in life; if that is important to you. It can also cause you to be happier, a sense of worth, well-being and knowing more about yourself and habits, without going to amnesia school that provides an 'empty' reward system.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

I have a notebook and on one half of the page I write down my shopping list and on the other half I write my list of daily tasks. It helps me plan my day and it's very rewarding to cross them off. And anything I don't manage to accomplish goes on next week's list. Such things as wash the garden chairs when the weather improves.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes I feel a discouragement so intense, I want to give up. Exhaustion and self-doubt dog me and everything I believe in seems beyond my reach.

I believe in homemaking and Titus 2 principles but the enemy will often convince me that I will always fail no matter what. That my cleaning will never improve---that I should stop trying.
He wears me down. And I must admit, I still have doubts about myself from his accusations.
But I won't give up.

Reactions: Lambano

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes I feel a discouragement so intense, I want to give up. Exhaustion and self-doubt dog me and everything I believe in seems beyond my reach.

I believe in homemaking and Titus 2 principles but the enemy will often convince me that I will always fail no matter what. That my cleaning will never improve---that I should stop trying.
He wears me down. And I must admit, I still have doubts about myself from his accusations.
But I won't give up.
I had to say a prayer for you on that one.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

But I won't give up.
Now you have a little one, housekeeping is not as important. What is important is that you relax around your daughter and spend quality time with her even if you have to leave the dusting and washing up. They will wait, but you little one will grow up so fast and if you are forever worrying about housework you will miss it.

Do not let yourself be pressured by anybody. We are not all perfect. My own mum kept a very nice clean home but she never read to us or played with us but my own children and grandchildren still talk about the games we played and the things we did.

As a new Christian I confess i did feel a bit of pressure from some of the older ladies in Christ with the 'Cleanliness is next to Godliness' rubbish. But it's your life and wo what if you are not a natural born housekeeper don't worry about it. My husband never put that pressure on me, he didn't marry me for my housekeeping skills and I'm sure your husband doesn't put the pressure on either - and if he does he shouldn't, and you should tell him so.

Relax my young sister, enjoy your time with your child.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now you have a little one, housekeeping is not as important. What is important is that you relax around your daughter and spend quality time with her even if you have to leave the dusting and washing up. They will wait, but you little one will grow up so fast and if you are forever worrying about housework you will miss it.

Do not let yourself be pressured by anybody. We are not all perfect. My own mum kept a very nice clean home but she never read to us or played with us but my own children and grandchildren still talk about the games we played and the things we did.

As a new Christian I confess i did feel a bit of pressure from some of the older ladies in Christ with the 'Cleanliness is next to Godliness' rubbish. But it's your life and wo what if you are not a natural born housekeeper don't worry about it. My husband never put that pressure on me, he didn't marry me for my housekeeping skills and I'm sure your husband doesn't put the pressure on either - and if he does he shouldn't, and you should tell him so.

Relax my young sister, enjoy your time with your child.
Praying about this. Youre not wrong

• Love
Reactions: Lambano and amadeus

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Praying about this. Youre not wrong
I wrongly used to believe that as a Christian woman I should bake, sew, knit etc, etc, and have the cleanest house in the street. I'm a Christian yes but I'm also just a normal person who doesn't have to be perfect. I hope you can get to that place of acceptance of yourself and your limitations a lot sooner than I did. You will definitely enjoy your life better. And it doesn't make you love the Lord any less.

Reactions: Lambano