How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wynona,

Take a day off? Drink plenty of water, rest well? Rest in Christ?

I just a man who dont know what to say, i told same thing to friend who having some sinus issues and headache past two days but he say he gotta work. Im fixing to have to be back at work next week, 10 hour 5 days plus extra sat.

I will go to the appointment. But I think I need to stop taking so many suggestions frim others about caring for myself and my baby and just relax. Its harder than you might think. My dear mother in law is helpful but worries me over too many things.

Plus, I hate pushing back even when my gut is telling me that some of the advice from her and others is unnecessary cause Im a new Mom. It saps my confidence.

And thank you, MatthewG, it helps that someone remembers that Im human.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will go to the appointment. But I think I need to stop taking so many suggestions frim others about caring for myself and my baby and just relax. Its harder than you might think. My dear mother in law is helpful but worries me over too many things.

Plus, I hate pushing back even when my gut is telling me that some of the advice from her and others is unnecessary cause Im a new Mom. It saps my confidence.

And thank you, MatthewG, it helps that someone remembers that Im human.
Yes you dont listen to me, or anyone else .

You should choose for yourself, and you are welcome. Let God guide you and your heart, maybe by the spirit, he comes first anyway.

I hope all the best for you, and family, Wynona.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
Land of the Long White Cloud
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Had the strangest day. I went with a friend for a swim at a hot pools this morning, just to get a bit of exercise due to knee problems. We stopped off at a local cafe for a coffee and I bought a pork sandwich. While we were there, I just caught site of a man saying hi to one of the staff, on their way out. It was just a quick glimpse. Suddenly, I turned to my friend and said that we need more churches and young ministers in this town. It was a prophet utterance and as I continued to flow through this specific word, I sensed that a revival is coming (at the same time, I saw a quick vision of prayer warriors praying).

My friend asked me why I said that and I said it just hit me when a man walked out of the cafe. She told me that, that man was the minister of the Salvation army. I didn't know him and he was dressed like a civilian. She knew him so after finishing our coffee, she suggested we go to say hello. I agreed. After telling him what God had said through prophetic utterance after he walked out of the cafe, he got very excited. I told him that I will be at his service this Sunday because this revival is going to start there ( just as it did in my little town over 127 years ago).

We went to the supermarket with my friend after that and I met an old work mate. We chatted for a while and I told her about that prophetic utterance and meeting the S/A minister and going to his church service on Sunday morning. She wanted to come too.

So I am going to meet her there, yay.

BTW: she is not a Christian. Glory to God!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I should share some photos of this beautiful tree with pink flowers on it, the vast pasture, the stream, and the horse that was seen today
That sounds so lovely. I would enjoy seeing that scene.

In the morning I often meditate upon "The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul."

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Had my blood pressure go down from 180 to 124/75!! God is so good!! Ive had lots of vitamins, and a medication but I also know nothing happens without passing through God's hand. My friends were praying and it made a difference!!

Thank you, Jesus!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear sweet @Wynona
You've got this bc God has got you.
Keep your chin up.
Little advice, do not complain to hubby about MIL, it will cause a wedge.
We need all our family to help raise our young.
I fully understand your frustration, but it is the course as new moms, to receive unwanted interference being new at something as precious as a baby.
Take a breath, sit back and enjoy the peace of God you have.
Did you have pre eclampsia during your delivery?
God is wonderful to hear his ppl when they call into him and he answers. I am a firm believer in the power of prayer. It changes the heart of God. Even King Hezekiah prayed and God gave him 15 more years of life.
Continuing my sister to hold up your household before our Lord ❤️

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear sweet @Wynona
Keep your chin up.
I fully understand your frustration, but it is the course as new moms, to receive unwanted interference being new at something as precious as a baby.
God is wonderful to hear his ppl when they call into him and he answers. I am a firm believer in the power of prayer. It changes the heart of God. Even King Hezekiah prayed and God gave him 15 more years of life.
No pre eclampsia. But they did say "gestational hypertension". Im just glad they didn't force a c-section on me!

Thank you for your advice, prayers, and support!! Love you, sis!!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, I drank some grape juice (no sugar added) and wow, talk about stomach discomfort. And it lasted all day. I was miserable. I finally drank some milk and it cleared up but wow. Grape juice is low in acid, so I wasn't expecting that.

Made some more headway on my project so I'm happy today.

• Sad
Reactions: MatthewG and Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today was just what I needed! No appointments because it's Saturday. I cleaned up while my baby slept. Hubby and I finally got to enjoy time together and baby care without interruption.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, I drank some grape juice (no sugar added) and wow, talk about stomach discomfort. And it lasted all day. I was miserable. I finally drank some milk and it cleared up but wow. Grape juice is low in acid, so I wasn't expecting that.

Made some more headway on my project so I'm happy today.
Milk so helpful; unless one is allergic. Love to have a bowl of cereal with some nice milk, or a nice cold glass just to drink, or out of the jug (don't tell no one.) Glad you ended up feeling better.

Today was just what I needed! No appointments because it's Saturday. I cleaned up while my baby slept. Hubby and I finally got to enjoy time together and baby care without interruption.

Good to hear Wynona, that is awesome praise the LORD for that. :)

That sounds so lovely. I would enjoy seeing that scene.

In the morning I often meditate upon "The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul."

Sent you some pictures hope you enjoyed them. That is a good scripture thank you for your encouragement.

Had the strangest day. I went with a friend for a swim at a hot pools this morning, just to get a bit of exercise due to knee problems. We stopped off at a local cafe for a coffee and I bought a pork sandwich. While we were there, I just caught site of a man saying hi to one of the staff, on their way out. It was just a quick glimpse. Suddenly, I turned to my friend and said that we need more churches and young ministers in this town. It was a prophet utterance and as I continued to flow through this specific word, I sensed that a revival is coming (at the same time, I saw a quick vision of prayer warriors praying).

My friend asked me why I said that and I said it just hit me when a man walked out of the cafe. She told me that, that man was the minister of the Salvation army. I didn't know him and he was dressed like a civilian. She knew him so after finishing our coffee, she suggested we go to say hello. I agreed. After telling him what God had said through prophetic utterance after he walked out of the cafe, he got very excited. I told him that I will be at his service this Sunday because this revival is going to start there ( just as it did in my little town over 127 years ago).

We went to the supermarket with my friend after that and I met an old work mate. We chatted for a while and I told her about that prophetic utterance and meeting the S/A minister and going to his church service on Sunday morning. She wanted to come too.

So I am going to meet her there, yay.

BTW: she is not a Christian. Glory to God!

Hope that you and your friend enjoy going to church together. Maybe she will get into reading the bible, there is so many things to talk about and learn and discover. :)

Dear sweet @Wynona
Keep your chin up.

You are a good sister, and support Lamb.

I guess sometimes people just need a sympathetic ear.

Always gotta give hugs to those in need, to stop with our own stuff and listen to them - even if can drag on, gotta reside in the spirit as hard as it is.

I don't want to give too much details online, sorry, but I'll come back online and tell how it went!

Did you enjoy time with your friend?

Reactions: dev553344

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
Land of the Long White Cloud
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
It's raining this morning. :rain?:and I'm off to the Sallies. Looking forward to it but heard that the music is atrocious so I'm gonna to go late. Hope the worship is over before I get there! :Broadly: Not being mean or anything but I have been a worship leader for 3 decades and well....:Oh no:

Last edited:

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am feeling bad x 2 days now b/p out of wack, HR also unstable. Generalized weakness with shortness of breath on small events of movement. Days and nights even dates in a jumble in regards to sleep pattern. I'm thankful to only have minimal low back and flank pain related to chronic sciatica.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am feeling bad x 2 days now b/p out of wack, HR also unstable. Generalized weakness with shortness of breath on small events of movement. Days and nights even dates in a jumble in regards to sleep pattern. I'm thankful to only have minimal low back and flank pain related to chronic sciatica.
Hope you get feeling better! I say some prayers.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying, Sis