How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Wynona taking time out of your day to catch up on your sleep, is not about you but your baby. Unless you look after yourself and catchup on your disturbed sleep, your ability to look after your baby will be compromised.

The art of being a good parent is to learn what is required to be done to have a balanced lifestyle so that everybody is bless, including yourself. Wisdom would suggest that you need to delegate what needs to be done, to others like you sister in-law, so that you can focus on what is import for you at this present time. Hand her a broom and mop and ask her to clean the home. Teach her how to bake so that she can bake the bread and brownies to free you up for other important tasks.

Shalom

Reactions: Lambano

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wynona taking time out of your day to catch up on your sleep, is not about you but your baby. Unless you look after yourself and catchup on your disturbed sleep, your ability to look after your baby will be compromised.

The art of being a good parent is to learn what is required to be done to have a balanced lifestyle so that everybody is bless, including yourself. Wisdom would suggest that you need to delegate what needs to be done, to others like you sister in-law, so that you can focus on what is import for you at this present time. Hand her a broom and mop and ask her to clean the home. Teach her how to bake so that she can bake the bread and brownies to free you up for other important tasks.

Shalom
Thanks for being concerned. I got a couple naps in today. The baking and simmer pot lifted my spirits. It was for me too.

Ive gone the route of trying to make up for the me stuff Im not getting. It just made me angry and sorry for myself. This is a season where I can either let being tired be a big deal or I can make the best of it. Im much happier making the best of it and resting when I can rather than insisting others adjust.

My in laws did take the baby for a few hours and I got down time that way. They live across the street.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thanks for being concerned. I got a couple naps in today. The baking and simmer pot lifted my spirits. It was for me too.

Ive gone the route of trying to make up for the me stuff Im not getting. It just made me angry and sorry for myself. This is a season where I can either let being tired be a big deal or I can make the best of it. Im much happier making the best of it and resting when I can rather than insisting others adjust.

My in laws did take the baby for a few hours and I got down time that way. They live across the street.

That is good news. However, you can also hand them the broom and mop. You may be surprised just how helpful that is, in you circumstances, at the moment.

They can be just as effective minding the baby while sweeping and mopping your place.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lambano and Wynona

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I felt lonely in the morning but in the afternoon I felt better that I was with my family and we went out grocery shopping. I'm feeling lonely as I'm still on the medication that causes me a lack of motivation which I will be withdrawing from as a natural supplement of vitamins and minerals for the brain helped me after with a crisis of feeling extraordinary anxiety but I can see what can be a light for me right now. I signed up for a co-ed Christian group at a church where they meet up once a week to study the bible and pray together and I hope I make friends there that are suitable for me or just to talk to and also to be a blessing to others.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes I don't feel like doing the right thing any more.

But if I try to get mine on earth, I won't get it in heaven. Service and sacrifice here is the only correct option.

Im thankful my husband took over baby duty last night because he has today off. I do feel better but the enemy's rage is on me still. He wants me to turn back.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I want inspiration for continuing to do good, I find motivation content for men very helpful.

The west has a very indulgent feelings-driven culture. It encourages women especially to live by their feelings.

I don't always feel like serving my family. I will do it anyway. Self-care and indulgence has to come after seeking the Kingdom first.

Reactions: Space_Karen

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I felt lonely in the morning but in the afternoon I felt better that I was with my family and we went out grocery shopping. I'm feeling lonely as I'm still on the medication that causes me a lack of motivation which I will be withdrawing from as a natural supplement of vitamins and minerals for the brain helped me after with a crisis of feeling extraordinary anxiety but I can see what can be a light for me right now. I signed up for a co-ed Christian group at a church where they meet up once a week to study the bible and pray together and I hope I make friends there that are suitable for me or just to talk to and also to be a blessing to others.
Sorry, I said it wrong, it will be happening every other week.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hate my own weakness. Why can't I simply be strong for my husband. My family?

Continuing in the Word is my only hope

• Love
Reactions: thelord's_pearl

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Finally got rest. Its a beautiful challenge to be fully present with a baby and treasure connection with her

• Love

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did many things on the to do list. I will force myself to relax

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So when I first started out I was pretty trash at homemaking. But I kept at it and asked God for help. By God's grace, I am starting to get the hang of things. At first it was sheer effort and willpower. Now its skill from several years of practice. Soon, I believe it'll be mastery.