How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Wynona. I'm having a good day now. I watched my online church (Catholic Mass) that I attend for medical reasons and I felt the Lord's spirit really strong today. It was really pleasant.

Reactions: Wynona and Lambano

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had a nice morning visiting family today. My cousin is dying of cancer, and I recently lost my mother. So family is important right now. I feel warm today.

Reactions: Wynona

Mama Etna

Oct 28, 2019
The Twin Cites - Minnesota
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is nice out where I live. I think the harsh winter is loosening its grip. I recently lost a few family members too. So I know the feeling. My father died last Summer and my brother died this Winter.

Reactions: dev553344

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't always do what I set out to do in the morning.

I feel like the hamster on the wheel, spinning out a to do list that never gets done. And Im a taskmaster with myself. If I just spin faster, better, harder, I can get it all done.

But Jesus isn't that taskmaster. He says Ive done well even if I feel like Ill never accomplish it all. Because He loves me and acknowledges it all.

Its the peace of God and His rest that is most important at times. I may never keep things perfectly clean, or get all my goals done. But the important thing is God loves me.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is nice out where I live. I think the harsh winter is loosening its grip. I recently lost a few family members too. So I know the feeling. My father died last Summer and my brother died this Winter.
Sorry to hear that Cachalot

Reactions: Mama Etna

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Noticing some improvements from my healthy lifestyle changes. My digestion and mood are better. Cutting back sugar has been the hardest but I haven't caved.

I would like to limit my sugary treats to once per week.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Noticing some improvements from my healthy lifestyle changes. My digestion and mood are better. Cutting back sugar has been the hardest but I haven't caved.

I would like to limit my sugary treats to once per week.
Have you tried any of the natural zero-calories sweeteners like erythritol, xylitol, stevia, and monk fruit? My personal favorites are erythritol and monk fruit. You should get some powdered monk fruit and give that a try. It tastes just like powdered sugar, bit more "melt-in-your-mouth." I've been eating keto for several years and don't crave sugar anymore. My husband wanted me to try his name brand, sugary ice cream and it was just too sweet for my taste. It didn't make me want more. lol

Keep with it! You'll lose the taste for it before long. :)

Reactions: amadeus and Wynona

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now that the weather has gotten nice, I was able to enjoy an afternoon doing yard work. My dad always hated yard work; I love it. Yard work is a contemplative discipline. You putter and pray and contemplate scripture. :cool:

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you tried any of the natural zero-calories sweeteners like erythritol, xylitol, stevia, and monk fruit? My personal favorites are erythritol and monk fruit. You should get some powdered monk fruit and give that a try. It tastes just like powdered sugar, bit more "melt-in-your-mouth." I've been eating keto for several years and don't crave sugar anymore. My husband wanted me to try his name brand, sugary ice cream and it was just too sweet for my taste. It didn't make me want more. lol

Keep with it! You'll lose the taste for it before long. :)

I will have to try the monk fruit! That's exciting. I suppose keto really can be a long term thing if you get used to it. I usually think of it as a short term thing.

I am keeping at it. My husband wanted our favorite ice cream and I went to get it for him without eating any. It felt like quite the test but I passed!

Reactions: TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will have to try the monk fruit! That's exciting. I suppose keto really can be a long term thing if you get used to it. I usually think of it as a short term thing.

I am keeping at it. My husband wanted our favorite ice cream and I went to get it for him without eating any. It felt like quite the test but I passed!
I do keto because my body functions better without all the carbs. I do get carbs, but not from grains or processed sugars. My carbs come from veggies, nuts and seeds, and some fruits (specifically, berries).

I do veer from keto now and then, but when I do, I still stay low carb and I don't eat sugar and grains. Sometimes, I feel like having a fruit smoothie and want to use kefir which isn't keto. (It has some milk sugars.) And I use probably more berries than I need to on a keto diet. But it's not a daily thing and it's good for me. lol
My body can handle that just fine ....but if I was to put sugar in it ...that would cause elevated heart rate. Things crashed physically after my son Matt went Home (2 years ago).

Matt and I did keto together for his health and I found I did well on it too. It helped him a lot ...and keto is very anti-cancer because of the low sugars, low carbs, and fewer insulin spikes ....as well as the high amount of phytonutrients in the veggies and berries.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today I made a bowl of frozen berries and plain greek yogurt. It was tasty and I found myself energized afterward. Enough to cook a nice meal for us.

I have decided to eat some raw carrot every day. It's great for digestion.

I am still craving cake but have not given in. Im looking forward to having "more energy throughout the day" because I usually crash and nap right in the middle.

I enjoy having these small changes add up over time. I believe its important to take good care of yourself, especially as you get older. I try to think of these healthier options and habits as an investment in myself. A little gift just for me.

I still have not gotten on the scale since I put it up. It became an unhealthy obsession that took up too many negative emotions.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do keto because my body functions better without all the carbs. I do get carbs, but not from grains or processed sugars. My carbs come from veggies, nuts and seeds, and some fruits (specifically, berries).

I do veer from keto now and then, but when I do, I still stay low carb and I don't eat sugar and grains. Sometimes, I feel like having a fruit smoothie and want to use kefir which isn't keto. (It has some milk sugars.) And I use probably more berries than I need to on a keto diet. But it's not a daily thing and it's good for me. lol
My body can handle that just fine ....but if I was to put sugar in it ...that would cause elevated heart rate. Things crashed physically after my son Matt went Home (2 years ago).

Matt and I did keto together for his health and I found I did well on it too. It helped him a lot ...and keto is very anti-cancer because of the low sugars, low carbs, and fewer insulin spikes ....as well as the high amount of phytonutrients in the veggies and berries.

I am really glad you have done so well nutritionally. I try to research different eating styles, trying to see what works and what doesn't. Its interesting to hear from someone who has done keto long term.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am really glad you have done so well nutritionally. I try to research different eating styles, trying to see what works and what doesn't. Its interesting to hear from someone who has done keto long term.
I have had really good results, and yet, I do veer a little at times. On my off days, I still don't have sugar or grains. Well, I take that back .... when I go visit my kids, I eat what they fix. I don't want them fussing over making sure I have keto meals when I'm visiting. So about once every 6 weeks, I have a completely off day. (lol)

At first, it would really cause issues, with elevated heart rate and tummy issues. But last time, I had very little negative response...no heart raving, and I did have one very minor incident of reflux, but very minor....unlike in times past. I kinda think it was because I started taking grass-fed bovine colostrum the week before. It is known to heal gut problems.

So last time I visited my middle daughter, she fixed chili, complete with corn chips (which I picked up on the way so they were non-gmo/organic, but not keto, lol) and shredded cheese (organic, also brought by me, lol). Then we made muffins ...which had white flour and sugar amongst the ingredients. I'd never make those for myself! lol ...and my kids weren't raised on that either. (The shock! lol) Anyway ....all that to say ....I ate chili pie with corn chips and had a muffin ...and didn't suffer much. But I came home and I am still doing keto/low carb. ;)

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We started a Bible Study called the Quest by Beth Moore. I like it because I incorporate it into my time with God and it focuses on responding to Scripture with journaling.

I am also excited about how my strength training is going. My goal is to be able to do pushups. One fitness instructor said she took 8 months to be able to do a full ground pushup. I hope it doesn't take me that long but Im enjoying doing sofa push ups to work my way up to them.

One YouTuber I follow said to really feel the weight during the extensions of each movement and go slowly. I could really feel a difference when I did my sofa push ups that way.

Reactions: Lambano