How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do keto because my body functions better without all the carbs. I do get carbs, but not from grains or processed sugars. My carbs come from veggies, nuts and seeds, and some fruits (specifically, berries).

I do veer from keto now and then, but when I do, I still stay low carb and I don't eat sugar and grains. Sometimes, I feel like having a fruit smoothie and want to use kefir which isn't keto. (It has some milk sugars.) And I use probably more berries than I need to on a keto diet. But it's not a daily thing and it's good for me. lol
My body can handle that just fine ....but if I was to put sugar in it ...that would cause elevated heart rate. Things crashed physically after my son Matt went Home (2 years ago).

Matt and I did keto together for his health and I found I did well on it too. It helped him a lot ...and keto is very anti-cancer because of the low sugars, low carbs, and fewer insulin spikes ....as well as the high amount of phytonutrients in the veggies and berries.

I picked up some healthy goodies today and picked up some monk fruit sugar. I would like to try it with oatmeal and fruit. I'll let you know what I think.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@TLHKAJ

I used the recommended serving of monkfruit powder in my oatmeal last night.

It has a subtle sweet taste that's almost ...warm?

It's like the different between fruit flavored candy and actual fruit.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last night I was upset about gaining weight back.

I listened to Bill Conti's Gonna Fly now from the Rocky movie.

I felt overwhelmed with determination to reverse the trend in my weight and get fit.

They say you should find your why for making a tough lifestyle change. I've found mine:

I'm truly a fighter at heart and want my body to reflect that.

So I'm truly going to put my all into this thing. I was going to allow myself a treat tomorrow but now I just tell myself that all that will still be there when Ive reached my goals.

Reactions: Lambano

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@TLHKAJ

I used the recommended serving of monkfruit powder in my oatmeal last night.

It has a subtle sweet taste that's almost ...warm?

It's like the different between fruit flavored candy and actual fruit.
Did you buy the powdered mink fruit?
That's an interesting description. I've never sensed a warmth in it. Did you like it?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now that the weather has gotten nice, I was able to enjoy an afternoon doing yard work. My dad always hated yard work; I love it. Yard work is a contemplative discipline. You putter and pray and contemplate scripture. :cool:
I always loved yard work. I spent hours at the office at a desk and on a computer or talking to folks. I would go home on my off times and relax my overtaxed mind by working in the garden and talking God. I still talk with Him, but no more gardening for this wearing out shell.

What a mighty God we serve.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always loved yard work. I spent hours at the office at a desk and on a computer or talking to folks. I would go home on my off times and relax my overtaxed mind by working in the garden and talking God. I still talk with Him, but no more gardening for this wearing out shell.

What a mighty God we serve.
Like I said, my dad hated yard work and delegated it all to me as soon as I was big enough to handle a rake and a push mower. Fast-forward 50 years, my parent's church had just gotten new pastor when my dad was diagnosed with cancer. The pastor came by the house when my dad was out in the yard trying to fix the sprinkler system. That was the only chance he had to talk to my dad before he went to the hospital for the final time. So at his funeral, the pastor chose In the Garden as one of the hymns, and in his eulogy talked about how my dad just loved yard work. I almost burst out laughing right there in the middle of a Service of Death and Resurrection.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes and yes!! I like the subtle sweetness a lot.
Awesome! :)
I find it interesting that you experience it as a subtle sweetness. For me, after rarely having sugar for 4+years, I am very sensitive to sweetness. Monk fruit is very sweet to me. I think it'll happen that way for you as well over time. :)

Reactions: Wynona and amadeus

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Awesome! :)
I find it interesting that you experience it as a subtle sweetness. For me, after rarely having sugar for 4+years, I am very sensitive to sweetness. Monk fruit is very sweet to me. I think it'll happen that way for you as well over time. :)

Regular fruit must taste very sweet to you.

I have heard it can get that way.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So today, I am noticing another change. My midday nap and slump have gone away today.

Usually by 1pm or 2pm, I feel drowsy. But I felt alert.

I feel more... alive. The flavors of the breakfast burrito I made seemed very vivid.

Reactions: Lambano and TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Regular fruit must taste very sweet to you.

I have heard it can get that way.
If I had a really ripe banana, yes ....but I do eat berries. They're not overly sweet. They have some tartness.

Reactions: Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I got a pull up bar yesterday. Its small and attaches to your doorframe. To start with, Im just practicing hanging on the bar. I got a total of 19 seconds, once my husband taught me the right thumb placement.

I am sweating. I moved from sofa pushups to chair and knee pushups. Still can't do a real pushup but Im getting there. My ultimate goal is to do handstands.

I play my music and just go for it. Hubby even showed me pushup variations.

I ate oatmeal for breakfast with frozen fruit. For lunch, I had a chicken slice blt wrap. Im about to eat a snack of carrots and garlic hummus and I think Ill make the spanish rice for dinner.

I get these med munchies from 6 to 9 so I eat dinner at 4 and a small meal at 8pm to control my nightime eating. It worked beautifully yesterday so lets try a repeat today.

I got hubby cake and beer. I didn't partake. Im serious about getting fit this time. I have been researching health and fitness for over two years.

Ive watched healthy YouTubers, and simply observed the shopping carts and habits of healthy looking people. They all say they made it their lifestyle and enjoyed what they were doing.

Thats why I think this time is special. I enjoy my three day a week at home strength training routine. Im enjoying the healthy food. And Im not missing the sugar now as much as I did before.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just rewatched the Last Days of Left Eye. It made me think: if I made a documentary about myself, what would I want to reveal or portray about myself?

Would it have an impact on anyone?

Im sure it would if I revealed the deeper secrets Ive gone through.

Maybe one day, Ill have the strength to share my story in full.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I ate some fried onions rings today so not the healthiest meal. Yesterday, I ate really well. Ive been eating oatmeal, veggie burgers, omelettes, and chicken.

I have rested this weekend and its a work out day. I miss my husband but Ill get over it and do my workout. I'm still avoiding sugar and Im amazed at how I used to partake nearly every day. My mood has definitely improved and my skin is remarkable clear.

Its becoming easier to say no to sugary treats. I have my goals to keep me focused .

I blinked and thought I saw some extremely slight muscle definition in my arms. . But it seemed to go away or maybe it was a trick of the light.

I'm thankful to God for all His many blessings. I love my husband and my community. I am glad we ended up not moving and staying at our current location.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When a day goes exactly as planned, it's almost disappointing isn't it? It's the element of chaos that makes you truly feel alive.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today, I cranked out two very bad pushups from the floor. I also discovered I can lift myself up a bit on my pull up bar.

My little self-made body weight strength training workout had me sweating and now my arm muscles are really sore. I was also able to plank for a whole minute.

I should probably try to master side planks. I pretty much just try exercises, fail at them, and do less hard variations, rinse and repeat.

But the most important thing is that I find this fun and actually look forward to exercising. Also the feeling that Im getting stronger is super motivating.

I did not eat healthy out on the truck with hubby. But I avoided sugary treats. No matter, I just will keep going.

I love hummus and carrots. It has completely replaced my potato chips. Breakfast is usually either omelette or oatmeal with frozen berries and monkfruit sweetener. I don't really see a difference on the scale but I keep in mind muscle weighs more than fat.

For lunch this week, I plan on utilizing bacon for avocado chicken sandwiches. Hubby will crave something unhealthy afterward but I got him some pretzels.

Dinner I try to change up but my go to is Spanish rice with ground beef and veggies.

The things is, my appearance hasn't changed hardly at all and Ive been trying to be healthier for over six months now. So if that were my only motivation, I would have given up.

Instead, I try to think of myself fitter and stronger over the years with a healthier attitude. I try to just show up for myself one day at a time.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good evening Wynona. It's a bit late and I'm up so I thought I would drop by and say hello :)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just rewatched the Last Days of Left Eye. It made me think: if I made a documentary about myself, what would I want to reveal or portray about myself?

Would it have an impact on anyone?

Im sure it would if I revealed the deeper secrets Ive gone through.

Maybe one day, Ill have the strength to share my story in full.
God knows each of us and our whole lives intimately. He has our full story. Just a thought.