How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My day was great I got Married yesterday and am so happy.
Really. Then congratulations are in order.

OIP.nDMz9GJggpsbxBDF8gTiDAHaFL

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have taken it really personally that I can't feel or hear God the way I want to. I have heard that this happens and that its normal but I don't really care. I don't like it.

And I don't really care that others don't believe we can experience God like that because I know that He still reaches out.

He's supposed to overwhelm me with His presence and take the pain away. Or at least thats how I feel.

The last thing I heard today was Him saying "Humble yourself and worship me."

How do you worship God when you are angry at Him?

But it's not about me. God is still God. He is worthy whether Im feeling good about Him or not.

I remember the times He visited me. His overwhelming love for mankind. So I do have the means to praise Him. Because He has been good to me.

I will wait on Him. I have no where else to turn to.

Reactions: dev553344

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems I must go to my in-laws place. I really would prefer not to go. When they are going through a hard time, it feels like walking across a minefield. One wrong step, and I could be the target for an overload of stress.

I don't even know what to pray. Lord, just help me.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems I must go to my in-laws place. I really would prefer not to go. When they are going through a hard time, it feels like walking across a minefield. One wrong step, and I could be the target for an overload of stress.

I don't even know what to pray. Lord, just help me.
Praying that God be with you in this.

It was my own family that caused us the most trouble in our early years of marriage. My wife was the strong one before we met the Lord. My family for the most part despised her. I applied for a job in Wyoming and we moved there from California, to get away from my own mother. I loved my mother, but my mother was wrong. She hated my wife.

My mother finally turned around, but it took years. Before she died in 2006 my wife and her had become friends. What a mighty God we serve!

Hope remains in the worst of circumstances. I am praying for you!

Reactions: Wynona

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My week has been pretty amazing. For twenty years we have had our little touring caravan parked up in our back garden after my husband gave up driving we couldn't use it anymore. The grandkids used to sleep in it for sleep overs and I used it as a garden room to sew or read but over time it became a place to put unwanted items. It became very cluttered and damp and sadly neglected and was a worry about how we could sort it all out and get rid of it.

Last Saturday my daughter came to talk about managing our affairs when we die and the caravan was mentioned. From a seeming impossibility in just five days my son and I have cleared it all out, and he carted all the rubbish off to the tip and there is a man coming to take it away this weekend.

It has been a really powerful answer to prayer because it seemed an impossible task.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had a dream that I can't wait to tell hubby about. He is a gamer and Im usually not.

But in my dream I was playing as a beautiful winged griffin flying and shooting down different targets and steampunk enemies.

It was a similar concept to an old flying arcade game where you have endless ammo to take down space enemies. Except this had gorgeous aerial visuals.

I wonder if a game like that has been made already.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gave up my obsession with weight loss ---Christ is my focus.

We cannot serve two masters. I allowed weight loss to master me. But in laying it on the altar, I've found great freedom in focusing instead on Jesus and the Kingdom.

I no longer think about food all the time. No more tears because I don't look the way I did years earlier.

I still love healthy food and drinking water. But I told the Lord if I never lost another pound, Id be content. I surrender to what God is doing and it is beautiful. I have the strength and confidence He has always wanted me to have.

20220424_092622.jpg

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today was another peaceful and happy day. I saw my husband off at 3am and he began another day of truck driving.

The apartment is mostly clean. Hubby's new chessboard sits proudly in the middle of the coffee table and my knitting project rests beside it.

We talk on and off all day via phone and in person when he gets back. Lunch is steak, broccoli, cauliflower, and jasmine rice.

Then I take off to Whole Foods Market, a swanky type of U.S grocery chain. I found some natural-ish shampoo, conditioner, and soap for us to try. Im not picky. I like big bottles of cheap product.

But Hubs wants certain chemicals off the products.

I also am planning a beef stew so I get two pounds of chuck beef.

Tomorrow I will need to go to a different store and get ingredients for homemade cornbread, beef stew, and command strips for the decorations my in-laws gave us.

How was your day?
I drove out to Office Depot this morning to buy some scratch pads, but they weren't open, yet. I guess that's my only complaint.

I'm trying to lose a couple of pounds - well, now I'm trying to lose three - so I haven't had my early afternoon snack, and I'm wondering if I can make it another 40 minutes, when it will be time for my late afternoon snack.