How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am very tempted to break my spending freeze because my journal is on its last pages. Ive been keeping entries short. I just need to wait till Thursday to order a new one. Or who knows, maybe one of my friends has planned to get me one for my birthday!!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My spending freeze ends in three days. Like the U.S government has checks and balances to prevent bad ideas from shooting through, I realize I need a good system to avoid impulse spending.

So I think most want items will need to pass a seven day test. Ill only buy every other week. I realize now more than ever that buying new stuff isn't where my happiness come from. It always looks so shiny and appealing at first but given time, that feeling wears off.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe so much in God and his faithfulness. I believe in my husband. Together they have turned my whole life around for the better.

When I feel weak and tired, I remember the goodness of both. I choose today to thank God for any and everything I can think of and trust Him for anything I might want in addition. He is worthy of praise.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My spending freeze ends in three days. Like the U.S government has checks and balances to prevent bad ideas from shooting through, I realize I need a good system to avoid impulse spending.

So I think most want items will need to pass a seven day test. Ill only buy every other week. I realize now more than ever that buying new stuff isn't where my happiness come from. It always looks so shiny and appealing at first but given time, that feeling wears off.
Great idea. If you wait the idea fades sometimes and if not then maybe it's important.

Reactions: Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My head covering arrived today! It's about six inches wide in a white lace pattern and it's lovely. It ties in the back with ribbons. I feel great wearing it out in public.

But it means a lot to me spiritually as well since studying 1st Corinthians 11 and doing research into the history of it.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Went to visit family and helped get my sister lunch. It was a nice day yesterday.

Reactions: Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My birthday is tomorrow and my pregnancy center friends are throwing me a birthday lunch today. One friend baked a cake from scratch and another asked how she could bless me so I think she'll be getting me a new journal. I cried because my friends are so kind! Ive never had friends who were this good to me before.

My current journal has two front and back pages left. It sounds great to start a new journal on my Birthday!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I also am planning a beef stew so I get two pounds of chuck beef.

Tomorrow I will need to go to a different store and get ingredients for homemade cornbread, beef stew, and command strips for the decorations my in-laws gave us.

How was your day?
That beef stew sounds delicious, Wynona , I’m hoping to make a beef and beer pie, made with water crust pastry soon.

Yesterday, I had a very busy day in my garden, I love gardening, cooking and cleaning, ..I help a disabled friend with her garden as well, getting it already for her ,to plant her bedding plants for the summer,....her garden is much harder to maintain, as she has a huge oak tree in the middle of it....so, it’s forever shedding leaves and bits of branches, acorns are a nightmare ,as they keep taking root all over the garden...here is a picture of my garden so far, it’s very small, but, I can still do a lot with it.

Have a great day everyone, Love and peace to you all!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    724.4 KB · Views: 3

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wynona.jpg

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That beef stew sounds delicious, Wynona , I’m hoping to make a beef and beer pie, made with water crust pastry soon.

Yesterday, I had a very busy day in my garden, I love gardening, cooking and cleaning, ..I help a disabled friend with her garden as well, getting it already for her ,to plant her bedding plants for the summer,....her garden is much harder to maintain, as she has a huge oak tree in the middle of it....so, it’s forever shedding leaves and bits of branches, acorns are a nightmare ,as they keep taking root all over the garden...here is a picture of my garden so far, it’s very small, but, I can still do a lot with it.

Have a great day everyone, Love and peace to you all!!
I meant to say earlier what a lovely post! Thank you!!

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have become quite good at ignoring people and being low-key. That's mostly a good thing but maybe Ill try to engage more as long as I can remain rational and in love.

My new journal came in!! Hopefully it lasts awhile.

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice