How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Having a great day discussing different topics with hubby and his little teenage sister. She is growing mentally at an astounding rate and its fun to talk about controversial issues with her.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rough day this morning. I went out for my walks at 5:20 am and the disabled homeless guy has started a fire up at the bakery under a tree next to our parking lot. I'm considering calling the police and probably will. Or I'll just keep an eye on it. Not sure.

Then as I walked down the hill, I heard the crows going crazy above my head and was wondering if I was going to get dive bombed. Just as I looked up to the crows I noticed a little face looking at me from the drainage ditch. It was a racoon and I was about 5 feet away from him and he was in his "stand off" position. Then another racoon popped their head up from next to the other one. I slowly backed away and they just kept staring at me. I was a nervous walk, LOL.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know what to do about the homeless guys starting fires under the tree next to our parking lot. This morning I called the police but it's memorial day and they had a lot of calls and couldn't make it out for a while. In the mean time the fire went out so I called them back and I don't think they are going to respond now.

Anyone that's been in boyscouts knows that starting a fire near a small tree like that is dangerous as the fire can catch the roots which will burn into the tree and eventually the tree goes up in flames.

I don't think I'll call the police again but will instead just keep and eye on it. That homeless guy I really don't enjoy him making fires so close to my home.

Reactions: shortangel

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To learn about the origins of feminism, I picked up an audiobook about the suffrage movement. It is a doozy at about 22 hours of listening. But I picked it because its supposed to have quotes and primary sources on things the suffragists and what their opposition said.

Even when Im finished with this book it still may not cover Second Wave feminism and the women's liberation movement. It will require a lot of brain power but Im very curious about it because I think feminism has had devastating effects on society and culture.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My church simulcasts our Sunday worship service over Zoom for the benefit of our shut-ins and those who are out of town on a holiday weekend like this one. As "Tech Guy", it's my responsibility during prayer time to relay intercessory prayer requests from the on-line congregation. This week, I got a prayer request for a name that was really, really close to an obscene expression. To make matters worse, our prayer-leader asked me to repeat it. Twice. Although I know the requester (but not the requestee), in the back of my mind, I'm still wondering if I was being pranked.

So, here is a short YouTube of Bart Simpson's best prank phone calls:

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
About 7 months pregnant and needing more down time. Also feeling less "sunny" in my mood at times. Hopefully I don't get too cranky. It finally stopped raining. I may go sit outside.

Reactions: shortangel

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hang in there ok, :) i just got back from traveling so i haven't been on here, these last few days have been hetic, was traveling & got back this week, i have been doing housework, plan to do artwork & i hope this is not overcrossing the rules here but i downloaded the KJV bible app for my smartphone, by the way please do not ask for my number i will not give it out :)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I injured my back yesterday and could barely get around and it hurt to breath, doing better today though, just need a few days to heal.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I got lonely again, so I decided to drop in and write something. I seem to have a special talent for feeling sorry for myself. It's easy for me to get hard on myself. When someone gets hard on me, I get even harder on me, and then I get angry. Must be a weird psychological problem.
Anger can be helpful. It's better than self-pity because it can motivate you. Some of my more disciplined moments come from anger. Anger at my lack of discipline.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Leaning on God for strength and motivation today. I feel like my energy comes and goes at 30 weeks of pregnancy. But I was able to still get food out and clean yesterday by drawing strength from God.

A lot of times I just convince myself to start a task and let momentum take over. I like to play music in the background too.

Reactions: dev553344