How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God doesn't seem to be like that for everyone. Here is another example. Before my Grandfather got saved He was chain smoker that tried his hardest for the longest time to quit. But as soon as He asked Jesus into his heart, the craving for smoking just went away! But He lived his whole life and I don't remember him ever saying that He could hear the Holy Spirit like you just described.
My ex was the same way. She just quit smoking and I really had to try at it, it was difficult for me. I recognize the Holy Spirit and get a lot of voices. Not all are God and you have to test them like the bible says and see if they are true spirits.

I think some people have a spiritual awareness brought on by God, and others don't. I'm not sure which is better or worse. Satan can be difficult to hear from and it's not always God talking.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't mind talking about this stuff. But it's a total mystery to me. It is such a mystery that even if you started quoting scripture to me, it would be really hard for me to swallow, because I haven't experienced it.
God can work in other ways to point you in the right direction for prayer. Like an idea just pops into your head or you get a feeling. But yeah. You still have to discern if it's God or Satan, they work similarly that way towards good for God and evil for Satan.

Reactions: Lambano

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Off to pick up new glasses today - getting prescription sunglasses as well, but all we have here in the uk is rain, rain and more rain ———-
Had my grandson yesterday, made a moon base , watched Star Wars - good excuse to chill with him. Back to work tomorrow x

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just wondering how @Wynona is doing?
I cannot stop praying for her, I am really concerned as she last on here Saturday, 10:26 A.M.
It is not at all like her to not contact us, tomorrow it will be a whole week. I wish I had gotten her FB name. I know The Lord is in control and protects His children but bad things still happen to them.
I've even done a photo search of her, hoping it might pop up and give some info.
Praying that she and Naomi are fine, and Isaiah, her husband, are doing fine.
Lord please let Wynona somehow contact us even if through her husband :(
Thank you Lord, your will be done Father, amen.

Last edited:

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think the situation with Wynona is completely different - there is no reason to think she has left. I am sure she will come back when she is able to xx

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the situation with Wynona is completely different - there is no reason to think she has left. I am sure she will come back when she is able to xx
Agreed Rita,
We know her well enough that she would never leave here without a reason, she loves this site!
xxx

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They say that every Radio Controlled Pilot crashes. Today I had to put to rest my Zlin Z526 model. I don't know what was wrong with me today. But I just couldn't land it. The flight it's self went great, and I had lots of fun. But when it came time to land I just couldn't land. I made 3 attempts and every time things got a little worse. The plane did wing tip stall and went down nose first. It is now broke completely in half. Since the manufacture doesn't make this model anymore I can't replace it. My model was 13 years old, and I flew it every couple of days for 13 flight seasons.
Sorry about your old Zlin. I guess after 13 years, you got your good use out of it. Still hard to say goodbye tho.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today I feel really sad, frustrated, and hopeless. Not simply because I lost my airplane. But because of my current life conditions. I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel.
Many of us do not see a light at the end of the tunnel. But, then, we all have different kinds of "tunnel vision".
Those things you said you feel are what I've been living with for sometime now. They have become my "norm", yet God tells us not to hold tightly to anything or anyone here on earth. One of my brothers say's to me, you should just stay where you are because it will cost more money to live in a secluded wooded area in a very quiet area and that I would get depressed! Ahahaha-I said, Frank, either I can be depressed here where I do not any longer feel safe nor is there any peace, or I can feel safe and peaceful with no distractions to pray and worship The Lord in His creation. Don't care if the house is a simple tiny house, it's the surroundings that matter I think.

I'm sorry you are still feeling those things. I'm trying very hard to not allow "feelings", "depression", "loneliness" and "sadness" rule me anymore, and shape my outlook. God desires trust in Him no matter our situation...It's tough to let go of dreams we have, yet sometimes I think we have to in order to get over the hump.

Do you drive Greg? Don't remember if you said you did or not.

Last edited:

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lordy be. She and I are FB friends and I didn't even think to check there.
( After checking)
No movement there either but I sent her a post on our well wishes and the fact she is missed!

• Wow
Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think she posted it somewhere in this thread, if you want to look for it.
Well if she was giving birth at home the natural way then perhaps she needs our prayers. A lot can go wrong in birth, like the baby not being properly aligned, etc. I'm no expert. But my ex had to have a C section to not have problems.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.