How Would You Witness To An Unbeliever Or A Backslider ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
I can not say we are to attempt to beat them into submission, yet it seems you can not forgive them for their error. ...

This has nothing to do with me, it's their free choice, they freely choose to reject the truth and Christ, and as a result, they commit the unpardonable and unforgivable and eternal sin and will be lost. It is God in the end who will not be able to offer them forgiveness because they committed the unpardonable and unforgivable and eternal sin.

And don't forget, the Atheist or unbeliever you are trying to convert, even if you could sneak them into heaven through a back door or by giving them a free ticket, heaven would be eternally miserable for them, they would never be happy there, just like all the millions of Angels were there in the past and who became angry and miserable and turned on God and were thrown out of heaven. The same thing would happen all over again if you got Atheists and unbelievers into heaven.

So follow Jesus' command on this...if they do not welcome the message about Christ and the Gospel, shake the dust of your feet and move on.

Matthew 10:14 And if anyone will not receive you or listen to your words, shake off the dust from your feet when you leave that house or town.

And remember, narrow is the gate and only few find it, Matthew 7:14.

God bless.

Rascus

Mar 16, 2012
South Carolina
With Love and humbleness and prayer to be led by the Holy Spirit! I cant be certain if I've ever led anyone to the Lord or not only that I've planted seed!

Rascus

What kind of witnessing experiences have you had ? Have you led anyone to the Lord ?

TruthSeeker2012
I can at times maybe understand where you come from with some of what you write. However....may I add that Im certain that there are a lot of people out there who do desire to find God....but for some reason or another they just haven't done so yet...not sure of the reasons....but sometimes just an encouraging word or something similar may make the difference whether someone comes unto salvation or damnation in hell. Just that Ive read a few of your posts and that's not what I see in them.Maybe give it a thought. ,As I know that Scripture tells us that the Lord desires all be come unto salvation. and to bring someone to the Lord reaps great heavenly rewards....also I believe somewhere it speaks of hiding sin.....not certain of the wording as I m just now trying to learn how to memorize Scripture. Cna you recall how you came to salvation? Anyway....just something to maybe give a thought to..........His Blessings to you brother......

Rascus

I wouldn't witness to an unbeliever, because they don't want to believe in God, hence, they are an unbeliever! I would only witness to a person who is seeking, and who is open hearted and open minded and who wants to believe in God.

Leave unbelievers alone! They have made their choice to reject Jesus. They will either accept Jesus or not, in their own time! And most non-believers have already made their choice to reject Jesus. They hate the idea of God, they hate it and they would be eternally miserable in heaven even if you gave them a free ticket to enter. We have been through this before, millions of angels were already in heaven, yet they become miserable and eventually were thrown out of heaven!

Be happy for the Atheists and unbelievers, because they are happy being Atheist and unbelievers, because that choice make them happy and I respect peoples rights to have their own free will and own beliefs. Besides, they would be miserable in heaven anyway.

God and heaven is not for everyone and majority of humans will not be there from their own free will. God and I respects their right to hate and reject Jesus. And even if they got into heaven, they would be eternally unhappy there.

If God forced Satan, his angels and all Atheists and unbelievers who reject Jesus into heaven, it would be eternal torment for them there.

Let the unbelievers perish in their lies, because they refused to love the truth! They would be miserable in heaven anyway so it's better they are destroyed in the lake of fire when Jesus returns!

And remember, we have been through this before, millions of angels were already in heaven, yet they become miserable, and stood against God, and eventually were thrown out of heaven and they would be eternally miserable in God forced them to live in heaven! So even if you were able to get an unbeliever into heaven, after a short time they will become very unhappy there and not want to be in heaven! Have you thought about that?

2 Thessalonians 2:10 and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.

God bless.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
...TruthSeeker2012
I can at times maybe understand where you come from with some of what you write. However....may I add that Im certain that there are a lot of people out there who do desire to find God....but for some reason or another they just haven't done so yet...not sure of the reasons....but sometimes just an encouraging word or something similar may make the difference whether someone comes unto salvation or.....

Amen Rascus, I 100% agree. But I am talking about those Atheists and Unbelievers who at this stage hate the love of the truth, 2 Thess 2:10, and they hate the idea of God and worshiping Jesus forever. I would not keep bombarding these people with the gospel.

If an Atheist or Unbeliever was truly humble and open minded and hearted and welcomed the Christian to share Jesus with them, then sure, stay and help them understand the wonderful gospel and Jesus. But those Atheist or Unbelievers who are not interested, leave them alone I say, those who will not receive you or listen to your words, shake off the dust from your feet when you leave...

God bless

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Next week I will be visiting my 87 year old father an atheist who I have not seen in years...please PRAY.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
Next week I will be visiting my 87 year old father an atheist who I have not seen in years...please PRAY.

In all due respect, no amount of prayers can tamper with the man's free will. He will either die rejecting Jesus or not, he freely chooses.

But have you ever thought about this...maybe he is content being an Atheist? maybe he would never be happy in heaven?

in 87 years his had plenty of time to hear about Jesus.

God bless.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TruthSeeker,

The Lord tampered with my 'free will' and set me truly free 38 years ago and I am glad He did.
My dad now is greatly fearing death being in poor health and hopefully has come to the place to see that Atheism isn't cutting it,
Thanks others for your prayers.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
TruthSeeker,

The Lord tampered with my 'free will' and set me truly free 38 years ago and I am glad He did.
My dad now is greatly fearing death being in poor health and hopefully has come to the place to see that Atheism isn't cutting it,
Thanks others for your prayers.

prism, that is incorrect! God never ever tampers with anyone's free will. It's free will that has caused the rebellion in heaven and on Earth against God. God never created robots and would never force a person to choose something against their will. If that was the case then we all could pray for every Atheist and God would tamper with their free will and every single Atheist on Earth would come to Christ.

You are set free because you chose Jesus and the truth and to be set free, God did not force you or tamper with your free will.

If your Atheist dad dies rejecting Christ or accepting Christ, it's because he freely chose to, not because a bunch of people prayed and motivated God to control his free will.

But what you can do is help him realise that after the grave their is hope if he would open his mind and heart to the possibility of Jesus.

Ask your dad these following questions:

1. Are you 100% sure God does not exist? If no, then do you admit God may exist?

2. Do you have proof that God does not exist? If not, then how can you be 100% sure God doesn't exist?

3. Do you admit you could wrong? As a Christian and Creationist, I humbly admit I could be wrong. What about you? Do you admit you could be wrong?

4. If you are right, how am I going to be worse off than you in the grave? But if I am right, are you going to be worse off than me in the grave?

God bless.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
The NT says to restore gently. This must be an absolute if the person's heart still has some softness to God.

What about Stephen when he yelled at the Pharisee's "You stiff necked hypocrites...". That made them so angry that they killed him for it. But notice carefully, the Bible says Stephen was filled with the Holy Spirit at the time he was calling them stiff necked hypocrites.

God bless.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
I agree, but the Pahrisees were already rejecting Christ's message, they were never believers in the first place.

Exactly, same as unbelievers and Atheists today, they are in reality antichrists and they have ALL heard about Jesus Christ but rejected Him.

But let me say, I do believe in helping an unbeliever if they approach you to ask about Jesus. That's what happened to me, I was an antichrist and unbeliever for 33 years, but one day I decided to approach my neigbour who was a Pastor and ask about Jesus and asked Him to explain to me about heaven and God and salvation. But NOT ONCE did the Pastor in all the years I lived next door to him approach me and talk about Jesus, and I think that helped me to approach him when I was ready, and not have him bombard me with it.

You can read my testimony here:

http://www.biblejesus.org/about-me.html

God bless.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is the Lord's work to make us willing as he did with the apostle Paul, otherwise we are slaves to sin and satan. The only 2 that had 'free will' before Christ set us free was Adam and Eve...before the Fall.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
It is the Lord's work to make us willing as he did with the apostle Paul, otherwise we are slaves to sin and satan. The only 2 that had 'free will' before Christ set us free was Adam and Eve...before the Fall.

So only Adam and Eve had free will and the rest were robots?

God bless.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
What kind of witnessing experiences have you had ? Have you led anyone to the Lord ?
It is more effective if you display the power of the Spirit when witnessing the Gospel of Christ. This way the converts faith will be in the power of God as a witness and not in the cleverly devised words of man.

1 Corinthians 2
4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I've had several examples of being sent to other believers that were struggling in God's Word. And sometimes they were sent to me (and they later admitted they felt led to do so). So I tend to find myself in situations where a complete stranger comes up to me, begins a conversation, and then starts asking me questions about The Bible. With one situation, my turn to check out at a counter at a store came up, the cashier (whom I never met) took one look at me, and began asking me direct Bible questions. And I was in my mechanic work clothes. So I tend to believe that if you're serving The Lord in whatever calling He has given you, then He will lead you to into His Work as you are willing.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
I've had several examples of being sent to other believers that were struggling in God's Word. And sometimes they were sent to me (and they later admitted they felt led to do so). So I tend to find myself in situations where a complete stranger comes up to me, begins a conversation, and then starts asking me questions about The Bible. With one situation, my turn to check out at a counter at a store came up, the cashier (whom I never met) took one look at me, and began asking me direct Bible questions. And I was in my mechanic work clothes. So I tend to believe that if you're serving The Lord in whatever calling He has given you, then He will lead you to into His Work as you are willing.

Amen veteran.

God bless.