How Would You Witness To An Unbeliever Or A Backslider ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jul 6, 2011
Hi TruthSeeker2012 and HeRoseFromTheDead,

Would value your opinions on this.
The more I think about it I think one needs to discern with the atheists and non-believers. I was a practically a non believer and pluralist atheist but God touched my heart and I softened it towards Him. Most of the NT teaching seems to be patiently serving and loving non-believers and warning believers not to accept false teaching where it is contrary to the faith once delivered. I often feel who are usually called non-believers are more like 'not yet believers', or 'potential believers' and the real non believers are in the church who claim to be believers but when you listen to them they reject much of the Bible and core beliefs of Christianity. Its not just Matt 18 and 1 Cor 5, 2 Cor 11 that address this.
2 Peter 2 and Jude 1 imply this is often a sexual immorality base or greed. We are already seeing members of the churches side with the secular atheist world against their supposed fellow Christians, and take them to secular courts over homosexual issues.
The NT teaches not to judge non-believers but to even expel the non believer. It is these same who link outright denial with disputable matters Romans 14. How many times have I heard the response when presented with scripture showing the view as false teaching .. 'yes but I am a Christian, how dare you imply I am not a Christian'

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
Hi TruthSeeker2012 and HeRoseFromTheDead,

Would value your opinions on this.
The more I think about it I think one needs to discern with the atheists and non-believers. I was a practically a non believer and pluralist atheist but God touched my heart and I softened it towards Him. Most of the NT teaching seems to be patiently serving and loving non-believers and warning believers not to accept false teaching where it is contrary to the faith once delivered. I often feel who are usually called non-believers are more like 'not yet believers', or 'potential believers' and the real non believers are in the church who claim to be believers but when you listen to them they reject much of the Bible and core beliefs of Christianity. Its not just Matt 18 and 1 Cor 5, 2 Cor 11 that address this.
2 Peter 2 and Jude 1 imply this is often a sexual immorality base or greed. We are already seeing members of the churches side with the secular atheist world against their supposed fellow Christians, and take them to secular courts over homosexual issues.
The NT teaches not to judge non-believers but to even expel the non believer. It is these same who link outright denial with disputable matters Romans 14. How many times have I heard the response when presented with scripture showing the view as false teaching .. 'yes but I am a Christian, how dare you imply I am not a Christian'

1. brightmorningstar, when you were an unbeliever and "pluralist atheist", what did you say to people who mentioned Jesus, and what made you reject Jesus at that particular time?

2. You said "non-believers are more like 'not yet believers', or 'potential believers", but I cannot agree with you in generalized terms at least, because Bible makes it very clear that wide is the gate to destruction and narrow the path to salvation and only FEW find it. That teaches us that majority of mankind will reject God and never become a believer. Why were they lost? 2 Thess 2:10 explains why.

3. What do you think Bible means in Matthew 10:13-15?

4. I believe that most, yes I said MOST, people who attend Church are not born again Christians. Most people in Church are vicious, attacking, judgmental, condemning and nasty and hateful people. The reason is that they attend Church to win God's favour or because they were brought up with it, but their hearts are far from God. Want to know how you can recognize the truly born again Christians? Read John 13:35 and Galatians chapter 5.

So that's why you see a lot of people in the Church sleeping around with each other, committing willful sinning, drinking, smoking, gossiping about each other, trying to turn others against each other, attacking each other, etc. And that's why you see so many in the Church having become complacent to unholy living and conformed to the world's way of life. Remember, only a very FEW in the world and in the denominations are truly born again Christians, and they can be recognized by their gentle nature, their love and they will never personally tear down and attack another person and never mock others or say bad things about the person. Answer honestly, how many people in the Church do you know who are like that all the time? Only a very FEW right? Matthew 7:14.

5. I agree, the Bible teaches not to judge, but we are free to evaluate the fruit. There is a difference in doing so. But never is a Christian to condemn someone or personally attack them and make false accusations and try to tear others down.

God bless.