Hundreds of years before Jesus was born on earth the word of God says this about Jesus. Isaiah 9:6-7

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hundreds of years before Jesus was born on earth the word of God says this about Jesus. Isaiah 9:6-7
For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of His government and peace There will be no end, Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom, To order it and establish it with judgment and justice From that time forward, even forever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this. — Isaiah 9:6-7

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of His government and peace There will be no end, Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom, To order it and establish it with judgment and justice From that time forward, even forever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this. — Isaiah 9:6-7
Yes, the great Christmas story. But it forbodes something awful about the human race. The mighty God entered into the fallen human domain, clearly the future governor of the human race. Instead of crowning him king of kings, he was spit on and treated like an imposter. What terrible judgment awaits those who spit in God's eye! God is extremely tolerant and patient. But He also has had the day of vindication in mind, and the day when the wicked will be paid for their crimes.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How sure are we that we would have did better???
Brother, I differentiate between our fallen sin nature and blatant rebellious sin. One is a life loaded with errors such as carnality, and the other is pure wickedness.

Though we are all "sinners," we are not all "wicked rebels." We should never treat these 2 things the same. When we deal with the imperfections of believers and others, it is like trying to take a speck out of their eye. But we should hold others accountable for blatant sins of rebellion against God, and not let crimes go unpunished.

To answer your question, we are all *capable* of doing the same thing as Pontius Pilate and Judas Iscariot. But that's not who Simeon and Anna were, and not who the 11 Disciples were. Judas alone allowed Satan to enter into his callous, carnal mind.

As God told Cain in the beginning, "You can overcome sin." So no, we would not all do the same thing as many did to Jesus when he came. But yes, we all are guilty of sin, and need the redemption he provided on the cross. It provided redemption for *all* sin!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Judge not lest you be judged!!!
You have to look into your own heart if you're doing that. It is not "judgmentalism" to judge, in a mature way, what sin is. As I said, we should not engage in trying to "pick specks out of a brother's eye." But if they are engaged in gross sins like adultery, rage, theft, etc., then itis in fact our responsibility to judge that as unworthy of the Christian testimony.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Matthew 7:1-3​

7 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Matthew 7:1-3​

7 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Yes, we must "consider the beam that is in our own eye." Even in quoting Scripture we must consider whether our motive is pure.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always recall that passage when I encounter those who are taught Immanuel was not God made flesh, the word who dwelt among us.

Great verse.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How big do you think little men are compared to eternal almighty god???
You mean capital G God?

True. Same as labeling someone who does not believe in the word of God an atheist.
Immanuel,Jesus,was the word God made flesh.
The word brought his word to us in the physical and in the spirit that was his ministry.

Teachings that are contrary to the words of the word are examples of unbelief in the word.

There's plenty of those who worship self,the flesh. They even host mega gatherings.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even before Isaiah's prophesy, Peter re-affirms this truth !
1 Peter 1:19-20
19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
20 Who verily was foreordained BEFORE the foundation of the world, but was MANIFESTED in these last times for you,

I agree @Randy Kluth in the question of spiritual maturity as this one always resorts to calling others " little" men in post where others disagree.
IT annuls most of what is said by such a one !

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even before Isaiah's prophesy, Peter re-affirms this truth !
1 Peter 1:19-20
19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
20 Who verily was foreordained BEFORE the foundation of the world, but was MANIFESTED in these last times for you,

I agree @Randy Kluth in the question of spiritual maturity as this one always resorts to calling others " little" men in post where others disagree.
IT annuls most of what is said by such a one !
Thank you. May God give us all grace to get past the little things. Jesus warned us not to spend time picking specks out of the eyes of our brothers and sisters. Those aren't the important issues.

Rather, we are to judge in more important matters. Paul said that given we are faithful we will even judge angels in the future. Perhaps it will be our judgment that keeps devils out of the Kingdom to come?

So if we are thus to judge angels--beings greater than ourselves, we are also to maintain a semblance of purity in the church, by not allowing blatant transgression of God's moral law. The sins of rebellion against God's word should be pretty transparent if they are occurring among Christians. Murderous, malicious acts are more than "specks in the eye."

Christians committing acts of sexual immorality are obviously to be removed from church membership. Theft taking place among Christians should not be treated as if "recipients of Christ's grace." Of course, God can forgive anything, but doing these things with no sense of repentance are acts of rebellion against God, and should be judged, if only temporarily.

So do we spend too much time on the "specks in our eyes?" Well, we're all susceptible to this, and I'll leave it at that. Momentary anger, name-calling, and other forms of inappropriate discussion are going to happen with us all. But we should just give it time to go away. (I'm not saying it's okay--we should try to help someone get out of a pit. Ignoring it is next to condoning it.)

With hearts truly devoted to Christ those things can easily go away. Those who hold onto records of wrong, or who remain accusing and unforgiving, will themselves not be forgiven. And they will face God's hostility to them, if only temporarily.

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think there's too much self righteous defense invoking the passage related to specks in ones eye,when those individuals are then picking on a statement someone made and then clarified,rightly.

Ignoring that, they proceed to then say nothing that member said after is credible due to their electing to hold their first remarks against them,and openly ignoring its clarification.

Those aren't acts of ones blinded by specs but by logs. Logs branded with "Self-righteous hypocrites".

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think there's too much self righteous defense invoking the passage related to specks in ones eye,when those individuals are then picking on a statement someone made and then clarified,rightly.

Ignoring that, they proceed to then say nothing that member said after is credible due to their electing to hold their first remarks against them,and openly ignoring its clarification.

Those aren't acts of ones blinded by specs but by logs. Logs branded with "Self-righteous hypocrites".
I have not a clue what you're talking about. If you wish, you can clarify by stating what remarks you agree with. As to judging whether someone is being "self-righteous" or not, I suppose that could apply to anyone at just about any time? But it applies particularly to the one who claims to be "without sin." In my posts I have admitted that we all have sin, but are not all equally guilty of the same crimes.

I think we began with the Christmas story, and I added to that the tragic reality that wicked men rejected the Christ. It was then suggested that I and perhaps all would've done the same, ie rejected Christ. I don't think so, and said so.

It was then turned upon me that the Scriptures indicate that to deny we would've done the same we would then be guilty of "judging." Where is the "self-righteousness" in any of this? These are our own opinions up until the point when someone wants to begin attacking another for *small disagreements,* ie for what they see as "specks in the eyes."

And this alone would not amount to much for me except that the one who disagreed with me began to insinuate that those who disagree with his Scriptural interpretation are "little men," an obvious insult. This is easily forgivable, but not so easily let go of. I think it should be called out.

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have not a clue what you're talking about.

There's a little man comment in the thread that generated a personal attack upon the poster. While their later post framing the term in the proper context as it was intended is ignored.

Last edited:

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's a little man comment in the thread that generated a personal attack upon the poster. While theirl later post framing the term in the proper context as it was intended is ignored.
In post #12, the "poster" said this: "How big do you think little men are compared to eternal almighty god???"

Nobody should be fooled into thinking anybody views men as anything but "little men" next to God. If this is so, then why state the obvious?

Merry Christmas, Gabriel. It's easily put to bed. Things happen. God sees the heart.

If you wish to pursue this, then deal with the subject I raised, which was questioned. I said that though all are sinners by nature, not all would be guilty of crucifying Christ, ie that specific act. Do you have an opinion, or do you want to just stir things up?

The way to disagree with this is not by inferring someone is being "judgmental," or by insinuating that all Christians are "little men" next to God. It isn't enough to quote Scriptures and then expect "God's word" to shield what is being really said.

Christ calls for us to be transparent, and not hide behind our Scripture quotations and religiosity. Let's just be who we are--redeemed people. We can clarify, we can forgive, we can edify. It's our choice.

Last edited: