Hyper-grace: then and now

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
its the old mindset that is still trapped in the flesh .
IT will bring into our minds thoughts contrary to GOD . lusts and etc
BUT we dont have to be a slave to them thoughts . You see its the sin that sins
the flesh produces the evil thoughts
HOWEVER we do sin if we obey that thought .
Thus when the sin that sins enters our minds , SO too would the SPIRIT be ringing alarms bells
saying this is wicked . WHICH ONE WE GONNA HEED . MAY IT BE THE SPIRIT and NOT the FLESH .
many mess up romans seven .
what i mean is they see the sin that sins
as this , IF i were to go sleep with another mans wife , ITS NOT REALLY ME SINNING .
ITS THE SIN that SINS . WRONG . IF I OBEY THE FLESH and DO SLEEP WITH THE WIFE , ITS I WHO THEN SIN
WE have to take captive the thoughts rita .
And sin can harden a heart . that too is a fact .
THIS is why we have a pattern set up for the church .
FIRST STEP , BE GRAVE and BE SERIOUS . WARN against SIN , expose sins
dont ever try and downplay sin . step two . IF ONE DOES SIN , CORRECT THE PERSON
REbuke sharply or etc , BUT DO CORRECT THEM .
Too many downplay sin and error . THE early church DID NOT DO THAT . LOOK at how serious paul
was about sin and error . WE MUST BE TOO . its part of the working of the SPIRIT .
The whole pattern for correction is also and was also inspired BY THE SPIRIT FOR THE GOOD OF THE CHURCH .
Be encouraged dear sister . But the more we read the bible and stay refreshed in it , i tell us all the sharper we become
and do remain . Every word written Was inspired by the Spirit . FOR the good of the church and the SPIRIT
works through the true leaders as well as the peoples . WE MUST KEEP the original pattern . ITS THE ONLY ONE THAT WORKS .
Brother, how can we be still in the flesh when Spirit gives birth to spirit?

Even scripture says we aren’t in the flesh were in the Spirit?

Maybe @Behold can help here....?

It’s the old man I believe, I may be wrong that has to be brought to obedience to Gods word, his Living word that is...what say you?

Isn’t the old man the old mindset ?

Look at this @amigo de christo ...always a pleasure discussing with you,xx

Ephesians 4:22-24

King James Version

22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Last edited:

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thus when the sin that sins enters our minds , SO too would the SPIRIT be ringing alarms bells
saying this is wicked . WHICH ONE WE GONNA HEED . MAY IT BE THE SPIRIT and NOT the FLESH .
as this , IF i were to go sleep with another mans wife , ITS NOT REALLY ME SINNING .
ITS THE SIN that SINS . WRONG . IF I OBEY THE FLESH and DO SLEEP WITH THE WIFE , ITS I WHO THEN SIN
dont ever try and downplay sin . step two . IF ONE DOES SIN , CORRECT THE PERSON
Too many downplay sin and error . THE early church DID NOT DO THAT . LOOK at how serious paul
was about sin and error . WE MUST BE TOO . its part of the working of the SPIRIT .
The whole pattern for correction is also and was also inspired BY THE SPIRIT FOR THE GOOD OF THE CHURCH .
Be encouraged dear sister . But the more we read the bible and stay refreshed in it , i tell us all the sharper we become
and do remain . Every word written Was inspired by the Spirit . FOR the good of the church and the SPIRIT
works through the true leaders as well as the peoples . WE MUST KEEP the original pattern . ITS THE ONLY ONE THAT WORKS .
save-image.png

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
save-image.png

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It’s the old man I believe, I may be wrong that has to be brought to obedience to Gods word, his Living word that is...what say you?

Ephesians 4:22-24​

King James Version​

22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
We still dwell in flesh bodies . OUR MINDS , THE MIND OF CHRIST is what we have been given .
BUT still the desires of the flesh will pop up . Even you said you grapple with the old mind . THAT MIND IS OF THE FLESH rita .
Hope that makes sense .

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We still dwell in flesh bodies . OUR MINDS , THE MIND OF CHRIST is what we have been given .
BUT still the desires of the flesh will pop up . Even you said you grapple with the old mind . THAT MIND IS OF THE FLESH rita .
Hope that makes sense .
Ok Brother..hope it’s ok that I bring @Behold into this.

Can you also explain that we still dwell in the flesh @Behold ?xx

I think I understand the old mind of the flesh...I’m getting there, @amigo de christo ...thanks for explaining appreciate your input.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ephesians 4:22-24​

King James Version​

YES the OLD MAN IS THE OLD MINDSET . that is the mindset that operates under the inluence of the flesh .
Its like we are saying the same thing .
YES the OLD MAN is the OLD MINDSET that served the flesh , sin etc .
That is the monster who tries to rise up and it is contrary to the SPIRIT .
Its as paul once wrote , I DIE DAILY .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
YES the OLD MAN IS THE OLD MINDSET . that is the mindset that operates under the inluence of the flesh .
Its like we are saying the same thing .
YES the OLD MAN is the OLD MINDSET that served the flesh , sin etc .
That is the monster who tries to rise up and it is contrary to the SPIRIT .
Its as paul once wrote , I DIE DAILY .
save-image.png

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Romans 8:9
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.

New Living Translation
But you are not controlled by your sinful nature. You are controlled by the Spirit if you have the Spirit of God living in you. (And remember that those who do not have the Spirit of Christ living in them do not belong to him at all.)

English Standard Version
You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.

Berean Standard Bible
You, however, are controlled not by the flesh, but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ

Context
Living in the Spirit
8Those controlled by the flesh cannot please God. 9You, however, are controlled not by the flesh, but by the Spirit, if the Spiritof God lives in you. And if anyone does nothave the Spirit of Christ, he does not belongto Christ. 10But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness.…

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 8:9
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.

New Living Translation
But you are not controlled by your sinful nature. You are controlled by the Spirit if you have the Spirit of God living in you. (And remember that those who do not have the Spirit of Christ living in them do not belong to him at all.)

English Standard Version
You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.

Berean Standard Bible
You, however, are controlled not by the flesh, but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ
Thus if one is controlled loving it up and living up , celebrating and honoring their sin ,
GUESS WHO THEY DONT HAVE . that has also been my point all along .
You wont see true born again christains holding up rainbows and honoring that so called sin
or any other sin for that matter .
CAUSE you have to ask youself , HOW COME THEIR IS NO CONVINCTION about their sin at all
WHY do they rather honor sin . WHERE IS THE CONVICTION .
exactly .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thus if one is controlled loving it up and living up , celebrating and honoring their sin ,
GUESS WHO THEY DONT HAVE . that has also been my point all along .
You wont see true born again christains holding up rainbows and honoring that so called sin
or any other sin for that matter .
CAUSE you have to ask youself , HOW COME THEIR IS NO CONVINCTION about their sin at all
WHY do they rather honor sin . WHERE IS THE CONVICTION .
exactly .
Hit the trenches my dear brother. Praise the glorious LORD.
John chapter 13 awaits shortly.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
According to hyper grace folk, they dont have to do squat. They are shoe ins.

Salvation is not something you do.

Its Something that God provides for you through The Cross of Christ.

We "receive Salvation" that Jesus completed.

You can't "Do" that.....

Here is what you can "DO"..

"Present your body as a living Sacrifice to God as your reasonable service".

You can DO that, but that is not your Salvation, that is your discipleship..

Trying to DO Salvation, is trying to SAVE yourself, and you can't "do" that, but many are trying.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Can you connect what I wrote and your conclusion logically, step by step? This is the 2nd time I have asked. I prefer to debate with people who can provide logical steps.

I explained it to you last time.

What i can't do is learn it for you, @TonyChanYT.

Listen, your Thread is the typical subversion attempt that twists scriptures ( and i explained this to you already), to create the idea that when the Grace of God is taught correctly, as Paul teaches The Grace of God,, then there is a heretical 2000 yr old teaching that says.. "that is teaching".... "you are saying we are to sin so that Grace will abound"....

This is the same as what you have wrongly understood and state is "hyper grace" or "license to sin".

See, JUDE was not saying that these teachers were teaching "license to sin".. .He is saying that they took Paul's teaching and are proclaiming it as "hyper-Grace", and "license to sin",....they are subverting Paul's gospel... as you find it referred to as "OSAS", in these end times.
Its what you're doing, and not just you.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
what about 1 John 1: 9. its meaningless?

It does not mean we have to confess our sin to be forgiven,

Its not meaningless, if you are not born again.

If you are not born again, then do what it says, @Eternally Grateful ...

However as doctrine, its not for the Believer, as their Sin has been dealt with by Jesus..

1.) "God hath made Jesus to be Sin for us".

2.). "Jesus is the ONE TIME... .ETERNAL..... Sacrifice for Sin"..

If you are born again, then John's verse that explains the born again is 1 John 3:9

See, what you are not understanding is ...

A.) WHAT IS, the "born again" "Son/Daughter" of God, and Why are they NOT Under the Law, which use to define them as a sinner and their carnality as sin".

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

THe "old man of sin" is crucified with Christ .

The born again are not that one., as that one was under the law, and separated from God and Christ, =Spiritually.

The Born again are a "New Creation"" 'In Christ".

"All things have become new"...

What isnt'?

Our body and our mind..

So, what is left?

Its Our SPIRIT that is born again,= as THIS is the "new Creation" "In Christ".

This is what God SEES when He says...>"My SON". 'My Daughter"..

God is not talking about how we might be THINKING.....>He is talking about what He has "born again"..

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Can you also explain that we still dwell in the flesh @Behold ?xx

The born again, still live in a body and still have a mind , will, emotions..

So, how we feel, ......is only how we feel.

Lets say a person is born again, but they dont "feel saved" on Tuesday, but by Saturday they "feel saved" again.

Let me show you what slow torture is like for a Believer.

A.) They believe that they are lost again, until they confess again.
B.) The believe they become "un-saved" until they confess again to get "re-saved".

They are caught in this horrible mind trap, nearly every day, until they die.
The only thing worse is to be born again, and some Devil Led Heretic has convinced you that you "lost your salvation".
That is the worst state of mind for a Believer as that can cause you to lose your sanity.
Ive seen it happen.. Ive been with them... Its terrible that some Devil Led HERETIC did that to them....

Reader,
If i am describing you, and you are born again...
= All of that.. is your mind and some really bad Theology that you've been trained to believe and its a terrible deception.

Most really bad Theology tries to make you believe that you are required to try to keep yourself saved.
And as you can't save yourself to begin with, then trying to stay saved, is just as impossible.

Only JESUS Saves.
Only JESUS can keep you saved.

And Most Believers are taught that """"You must do this, and do that, and repeat"""", if you want to stay saved.

And in Fact.

Only Jesus Saves.
Only Jesus can keep you Saved.

And that mind that is trying to keep you saved.... is carnal, and it does not want to "flow" with God's perspective.

The mind , is always trying to get away from Truth and into feelings and self righteousness.

This is why Paul told us to "put on the Helmet of Salvation", and that means to establish your heart with Grace, Hebrews 13:9....and that means you only trust Christ as your Savior, and you never try to do HIS Finished WORK.
And a believer who is confessing sin and trying to be good to stay saved... is not trusting in Christ.

Reader,

Believers and unbelievers, can be very similar in their mind... when it comes to "How do i go to heaven".
And when a believer is now trying to go to heaven, as an unbeliever would try it.. then Pauls teaches that the person is "fallen from Grace".

This person is trying to STAY SAVED...

And that is why they talk about SIN all the time, and talk about confessing sin, all the time.
They talk about trying to "do righteousness", instead of giving Praise to God who has Given us HIS, as "Christ's Righteousness".
These type religious people obsess on law and commandments, and one more thing.
They nearly all teach that you can lose your salvation.

Reader,
One of the things about Christianity is that, its based in TRUTH and not feelings. And our minds are trained to perceive by what we see and what we feel.

Notice...
You can't see your Salvation, as He is in Heaven, and He is inside you.
You can't See the Cross and the Blood of Jesus.
You can't See The Truth.... John 14:6
You can't See that a spiritual birth has happened inside you, if you are born again..

And all of that, is ONLY What God sees, when He sees a born again CHRISTian.

And that is how you have to begin to THINK and REALIZE your REDEMPTION< or you'll continue to feel and see what isn't True.
Yet it seems true it feels that way.

Salvation is not a Feeling, and its not something you do, and its not something you can lose.
Salvation is Jesus.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
When was the last time you sinned?

It was the last time she was under the Law. @TonyChanYT

That was about an eyelash blink, before she became "made righteous".. "born again".

See.... its the law, and only the Law that can define a person as a sinner.

Listen..

"the power of the Law is sin".. "sin is the power of the Law".

"Christ came to free us from the Curse of THE LAW"..

"Christ is the END of the LAW, for righteousness, to everyone who Believes'...

The born again..>>"Are not UNDER THE LAW... but under Grace"..

And because your Cross Rejecting Thread proves you have no understanding of God's Grace... = ZERO.... then you are not going to be able to understand what she tells you about her Salvation.

What you need to do, is stop posting 'men's teaching", and get yourself a real bible.

And Study...

Romans 3:21-28

2 Corinthians 5:19

John 3:17

Romans 4:8

Hebrews 13:9