I am bored

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I guess over the years,,, I thought it would change some, but I guess its the same.... to many rules that
do not mean and good........
I don't think any other branch of the church would ban non-members from partaking in the bread and wine.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think any other branch of the church would ban non-members from partaking in the bread and wine.

You are correct on that of course...... :)

I feel sorry for those who belong! and suffer things of the church not of GOD !

Reactions: Pearl

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

The branch called The Strict and Particular Brethren will only allow a person to partake in the bread and wine if they bring a letter with them from their home Pastor!!
My dad and brother were on holiday in Isle of White ..and we attended an "Open Brethren" back at home ... in Middlesex... they went to take the bread and wine and were asked - " Do you have a letter with you from your Elder? " My dad was never so shocked!! Wow!

So no, not just the Catholics. :)

Reactions: Stan B and Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The branch called The Strict and Particular Brethren will only allow a person to partake in the bread and wine if they bring a letter with them from their home Pastor!!
My dad and brother were on holiday in Isle of White ..and we attended an "Open Brethren" back at home ... in Middlesex... they went to take the bread and wine and were asked - " Do you have a letter with you from your Elder? " My dad was never so shocked!! Wow!

I hate that some churches think it's ok to do that.

Reactions: Helen

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sometimes churches like to flex their own sense of authority

Reactions: Pearl and Helen

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OH!!! The one I went to for 50 some years was like that...... Not in the bible things....
I was never saved either......... back then the only thing was confession.......
And of course how can a priest save you ? so different...... sure hope they have changed.
That was over 20 years ago. So they may have ?
We were only using the prayer book ,,, no bible ! only a few verses from the bible......

Reactions: Stan B and Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
OH!!! The one I went to for 50 some years was like that...... Not in the bible things....
I was never saved either......... back then the only thing was confession.......
And of course how can a priest save you ? so different...... sure hope they have changed.
That was over 20 years ago. So they may have ?
We were only using the prayer book ,,, no bible ! only a few verses from the bible......
They have the idea of church so wrong. It is sad.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi Josho,

Well,,,,,,,, it's off and on........ yesterday we went grocery shopping, so that was a treat for me.
How are you doing ?

Alright, did more fishing today, got 6-7 bites, fish got away, hooked it once, but the fish only lasted on that hook for 5 seconds, but got a glimpse of it, looked like a little rainbow trout, but had a lot of fight in it. That tug on the line multiple times felt like a big fish though hahaha.

Nearly time to go to sleep here again.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, Josho,, that's fun ! I have never caught any fish ! but have tried a few times.
We had a place once near a lake and had a camper... but that was a long time ago.
Now I hear all the men talking of hunting for deer ! I pick up a gun and rifle [years ago] just to try and look and
it did not feel good. My husband has fished and caught some....... and a deer at one time.
But he is gone , and asleep in heaven now.