I am really looking forward to being here.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

James Roberts

Jan 3, 2018
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi welcome , hope you can enjoy yourself. into bird photograpy not professinaly just love them.
My wife has been feeding the birds around the house this year on a regular basis. We have a lot of purple and yellow finches, and a lot of hummingbirds too. I suspect she'll be borrowing my camera on a regular basis. She likes to do simple point and shoot so I'll store the camera like that.

My photographic plans run the gamut from human portraits, animal pics (I have two Pomeranians), to landscapes, to architecture, to celestial events, and much macro photography.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My wife has been feeding the birds around the house this year on a regular basis. We have a lot of purple and yellow finches, and a lot of hummingbirds too. I suspect she'll be borrowing my camera on a regular basis. She likes to do simple point and shoot so I'll store the camera like that.

My photographic plans run the gamut from human portraits, animal pics (I have two Pomeranians), to landscapes, to architecture, to celestial events, and much macro photography.
Cool, be nice to see some pics. We did have a forum somewhere...

James Roberts

Jan 3, 2018
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha, actually that was horrible i guess lol. Anyway, i try to stick to the main ones, if that helps any
I take a hard stance on acronyms. Off and on throughout my engineering career of been a technical writer and illustrator. One thing I've learned about acronyms is that you have to write with your audience's comprehension in mind. So I only use acronyms when I know my audience will know what I'm saying without spelling it out.

That's just me being me. I don't want to change the way anyone writes here. NTMYT.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi James Roberts!
keevth.jpg

Hope you enjoy your time here!
fl95s8.jpg

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
One thing I've learned about acronyms is that you have to write with your audience's comprehension in mind. So I only use acronyms when I know my audience will know what I'm saying without spelling it out.

That's just me being me. I don't want to change the way anyone writes here. NTMYT.

Amen to that...it is often very hard work :D

James Roberts

Jan 3, 2018
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am having some tech problems which are going to restrict my writng somewhat. The new antivirus software installed on our network is blocking CB, while allowing access to all other sites I frequent. Anybody who has written me will be acknowledged as soon as I can outside of my company's network.

Reactions: Helen

James Roberts

Jan 3, 2018
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi James Roberts!
keevth.jpg

fl95s8.jpg
Hi James Roberts!
keevth.jpg

fl95s8.jpg
I know someone from another Christian forum who used a very similar avatar. Probably a coincidence. I ran into two people on different Christian forums with the same unusual name who were polar opposites.

Last edited:
Reactions: pia and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I know just how annoying it can be. But thank you for trying.
Bless you...H

Reactions: James Roberts

James Roberts

Jan 3, 2018
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know just how annoying it can be. But thank you for trying.
Bless you...H
The antivirus program at work blocks this website. But my phone and home computers are okay. That's where I'm at now, expecting an ice storm tonight. I'm taking a day of vacation just in case.

Reactions: Helen

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have been an active member of at least four other Christian forums, but for one reason or another, I was led (by the Holy Spirit) to leave. I hope this is where I can put some roots down.

I've been a non-Denominational Christian for about 36 years, agnostic for awhile, but I was brought up Roman Catholic and considered myself a RC until about age 20. A near-death experience sent me on a search for spiritual meaning but I came up empty. Then the Holy Spirit spoke to me through a man not even talking to me about his salvation experience, and at that moment, I knew he was speaking God's truth. That was about 36 years ago, give or take. God saved me through his testimony and I don't even know his name. But I fully expect to meet him in Heaven.

A nice testimony on a testimony there through the power of the Holy Spirit, welcome to this forum.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am having some tech problems which are going to restrict my writng somewhat. The new antivirus software installed on our network is blocking CB, while allowing access to all other sites I frequent. Anybody who has written me will be acknowledged as soon as I can outside of my company's network.

Until I saw this post above of Josho's I had forgotten about you!! :(
Where are you?
Are you still having logging in problems?
Or are you back posting on your old Site again?

Bless you...Helen

Reactions: pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I give uo for now. I can't edit my posts.
Hi there James.....Give it time....anyone on the forum can verify that I too had endless problems at first, but I'm getting there lol....My software also tried to prevent me from coming on to the forum, so at first I used the 'allow temporarily' button every single time I came on, but a friend helped me, so it's set on allow all the time, so that's really neat...I am certain someone on the forum has the know how to help....just ask...all the best in getting this going...:)