I am sorry.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Considering further what you shared; it takes me back a couple of years to when I was struggling with an illness. One of the symptoms listed was: religious delusions that you are called of God for a special purpose. This terrified me. One night I sat with my husband and was crying, almost convinced I was sick and that was the explanation for any closeness I’d been experiencing with God. I asked my husband, “Do you think I’m crazy?” His response was “if you are crazy...then I am crazy too.”

Just wanted to share that with you.
Thank you sister...that ministers to me more than you know.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Considering further what you shared; it takes me back a couple of years to when I was struggling with an illness. One of the symptoms listed was: religious delusions that you are called of God for a special purpose. This terrified me. One night I sat with my husband and was crying, almost convinced I was sick and that was the explanation for any closeness I’d been experiencing with God. I asked my husband, “Do you think I’m crazy?” His response was “if you are crazy...then I am crazy too.”

Just wanted to share that with you.
I'd say they are not delusions if the persons calling is Biblical, and doctrinally sound. Pretty certain the "religious delusions" referred to here are not a call of God upon a godly man to preach. I had a brother who suffered from schizophrenia, btw.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'd say they are not delusions if the persons calling is Biblical, and doctrinally sound. Pretty certain the "religious delusions" referred to here are not a call of God upon a godly man to preach. I had a brother who suffered from schizophrenia, btw.

I had to do a double take there :)

I saw your new avatar and thought " Oh we have a new member"..then I saw it was you! :)

Very distinguished , who is he, I probably should know?

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tbh with you, I don't have a lot of confidence in my own ability to hear the voice of the Lord; because I have been told in times past that when I have heard Him, it was the result of a mental illness.
Stick to contextually interpreted Scripture, not what you think you hear, and you'll be OK.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stick to contextually interpreted Scripture, not what you think you hear, and you'll be OK.

I have actually "heard in the Spirit" things that later came to pass in major situations in this world, before they came to pass.

Jesus said,

Jhn 10:27, My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Every person has the right to reject that which is prophetic in the church. In doing so they are rejecting the words of the Holy Ghost; but they have the right to do so.

In adhering to the letter alone they reject what is written in the letter:

Rom 7:6, But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

2Co 3:6, Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm pretty certain that the Lord spoke to me...but I am just saying, that if he is right and it wasn't the Lord, then that gives me the right to continue as I did before when there was no repentance. Is that what he wants? if it is, then let him continue to say that the Lord didn't speak to me; and perhaps I will behave towards him as if He didn't.

If you heard in your heart that you were wrong, what were you wrong about? I haven't followed any of this, but perhaps what He was telling you what you were wrong in was HOW you were speaking. Were you reviling back when reviled? What I'm saying is maybe your behavior was wrong. If another child slaps you, your Father won't approve of the answer for you hitting back of: but he started it! No. He will say, but you are my child and you will not hit back, revile back or answer a slap with another slap.

Sometimes, what we are wrong about is in HOW we answer, not what we answer.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is an old thread that has been brought to the forefront again by certain people who want to set forth the idea that I was wrong in the whole exchange that was between us.

The reality is, that they were also wrong in the whole situation; as a matter of fact, they were wrong first.

The difference is that they never heard from the Holy Ghost so that they could repent and say the truth of the matter, as did happen with me.

I have sought to be the bigger person in the situation and they have taken advantage of this as those who seek to be against me in their treatment of me (though I continue to be their friend).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you heard in your heart that you were wrong, what were you wrong about? I haven't followed any of this, but perhaps what He was telling you what you were wrong in was HOW you were speaking. Were you reviling back when reviled? What I'm saying is maybe your behavior was wrong. If another child slaps you, your Father won't approve of the answer for you hitting back of: but he started it! No. He will say, but you are my child and you will not hit back, revile back or answer a slap with another slap.

Sometimes, what we are wrong about is in HOW we answer, not what we answer.
Yes, the manner in which I was wrong was in that I responded in kind when treated with contempt.

Even though I had it in mind that I did not want to stoop to the level of those who were opposing themselves in front of me, there was instigation that caused me to react in a way that I was seeking not to react in.

In spite of myself I did what I was attempting not to do.

It just goes to show that when we wish to do good, evil is present with us (Romans 7:21).

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
your Father won't approve of the answer for you hitting back of: but he started it! No. He will say, but you are my child and you will not hit back, revile back or answer a slap with another slap.
exhortation accepted.

I know that before the Father, it is His will that I not revile back.

But concerning this contest that is between siblings, who threw the first punch, to me, seems to matter. Of course it isn't right that I took an offensive tactic in order to defend myself. Fact is, I was doing my best not to do that; but it was like they were doing their best to get me to react in such a manner.

I am ashamed to say that I succumbed to their attempts to get me to sin in order to make me look bad.

Of course I know that all of my sins are underneath the blood; but I also believe that a practical living out of the word of the Lord is important to the Christian. We are to avoid even the appearance of evil.

We live and learn.

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. The problem with our flesh is that it's not easy to keep walking in the Spirit in love when others around us are walking in their flesh. We get pulled down into it when their flesh display causes our flesh to rise up. It takes some time. The good news is we just ask for what we need and can see we lack. :)

Reactions: justbyfaith

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are all in the "Crazy Boat"...and Jesus is our captain.

"Fools for Christ" ... all in good company . :)

"And when his friends heard of it, they went out to lay hold on him: for they said, He is beside himself." Mark 3:21

Reactions: Helen