I am sorry.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I don’t get it . One the LORD showed you your error .
Then what ? You doubt it was the LORD talking to you Perhaps?
You don’t think God got it wrong and your correct?
This back and forth seems odd .
Blessings
Bill

I'm pretty certain that the Lord spoke to me...but I am just saying, that if he is right and it wasn't the Lord, then that gives me the right to continue as I did before when there was no repentance. Is that what he wants? if it is, then let him continue to say that the Lord didn't speak to me; and perhaps I will behave towards him as if He didn't.

Last edited:

Laish

Feb 17, 2019
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm pretty certain that the Lord spoke to me...but I am just saying, that if he is right and it wasn't the Lord, then that gives me the right to contnue as I did before when there was no repentance. Is that what he wants? if it is, then let him continue to say that the Lord didn't speak to me; and perhaps I will behave towards him as if He didn't.
Ok this is where I don’t follow. You said that the LORD spoke to you but you are saying that you will disregard what you believe the LORD said depending on what a man is saying too you .
You said that you were shown your error . So how can you continue? It’s either God as you understand Him is correct and then your wrong to continue,or God was incorrect in pointing out your error.
Blessings
Bill

Laish

Feb 17, 2019
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tbh with you, I don't have a lot of confidence in my own ability to hear the voice of the Lord; because I have been told in times past that when I have heard Him, it was the result of a mental illness.
Ok I understand . I will pray for all of us involved in this matter JbF .
Please keep in mind folks aren’t posting what they believe is wrong just as I believe you don’t believe your wrong .
Blessings
Bill

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tbh with you, I don't have a lot of confidence in my own ability to hear the voice of the Lord; because I have been told in times past that when I have heard Him, it was the result of a mental illness.

You are not alone. One of my biggest challenges has always been confidence in what is God’s voice or my own voice. Add to it daily others telling you there is no way it is God and then how can you not at least consider they may be right.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok I understand . I will pray for all of us involved in this matter JbF .
Please keep in mind folks aren’t posting what they believe is wrong just as I believe you don’t believe your wrong .
Blessings
Bill
I feel that although you hold the same doctrine as some of those who have been attacking me, that you have not stooped to their level in treating me the same way as they have. It is excellent that you will pray and intercede for all of us; perhaps you will even be an intermediary between us in the long run.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am doing my best to ignore from now on those specific individuals who have been in and continue to be in "attack mode"; and to pray for them; as talking to them will not help as I have sincere doubt as to whether they will see reason.

But there are a few of you (of the Calvinistic bent) who have not placed yourselves in the gutter as they have; and I am willing to continue the discussion with you. I know who they are; and I think that they also know who they are.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and Helen

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Preacher4Truth, @Anthony D'Arienzo, @SovereignGrace, @Mjh29,

I am deeply sorry for the way that I have treated you guys. I have been going through some things in my personal life and at church and it has carried over into my treatment of you. I hope that you can forgive me for the condemning attitude that I have had towards you; for I misinterpreted Isaiah 54:17 to mean something that it doesn't say. I don't know what it does mean; but I know that it doesn't mean what I thought it means. The Lord is making this clear to me. I thought that I was creating a deterrent so that people in the body of Christ wouldn't judge each other any more; but instead I have very likely created a situation where people in the body of Christ will bite and devour one another; retaliating with condemnation any time that they are judged..

The LORD spoke to me tonight in the whirlwind here in San Pedro, CA (as He did with Job); and He showed me that I was wrong.
Hi there @justbyfaith,

You have been unlike your usual self of late. :)

Within the love of Christ our Saviour,
Chris

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
especially when the people that you are apologizing to started the whole thing and are not repenting themselves. I find it hard not to defend myself against their continued attacks on my ministry.

Just don't. It's not worth it!
From one who so often falls into the pit herself.

You don't 'need' to justify or defend yourself.
Just do what Moses did when his accusers came to judge him..He fell on his face before 'them' leaving them face to face with GOD. Moses, got out of the way. And God did judge them.

Bless you.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am doing my best to ignore from now on those specific individuals who have been in and continue to be in "attack mode"; and to pray for them; as talking to them will not help as I have sincere doubt as to whether they will see reason.

But there are a few of you (of the Calvinistic bent) who have not placed themselves in the gutter as they have; and I am willing to continue the discussion with them. I know who they are; and I think that those who are not who I would listen to also know who they are.
Jbf,
We want you to make progress and be safe in your walk. We want you to know the true and living God.
It seems like you have been exposed to many different ideas.
Look to scripture which is where God has put His word. Do not trust dream like ideas, but the sure word of God.
Also...keep in mind that people can believe different than you, and not be workers of satan.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jbf,
We want you to make progress and be safe in your walk. We want you to know the true and living God.
It seems like you have been exposed to many different ideas.
Look to scripture which is where God has put His word. Do not trust dream like ideas, but the sure word of God.
Also...keep in mind that people can believe different than you, and not be workers of satan.
I have not judged based on the fact that they believe differently; but on the basis of fruit; as Jesus commanded.

I know the true and living God; or rather am known of Him.

I continue to extensively read the holy scriptures every day of my life; and am confident that by the time I reach the end, I will not be mistaken as to what is essential.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have not judged based on the fact that they believe differently; but on the basis of fruit; as Jesus commanded.

I know the true and living God; or rather am known of Him.

I continue to extensively read the holy scriptures every day of my life; and am confident that by the time I reach the end, I will not be mistaken as to what is essential.
That is the safe path.Jesus had them write the scriptures for us and gave the spirit so we can begin to welcome the scriptures
17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW, before the Bible was complete God was still adding to His word through dreams and visions, angel visitations, unknown tongues... and so forth, but once the Bible was complete that was no longer possible. We now have the full message of the Gospel and we are not to look elsewhere for truth.

So God is not talking verbally to anyone but through His word the Bible.
I hold to a different viewpoint.

While the voice of the Lord in prophecy will never contradict the word as it is revealed in the canon of holy scripture, I do believe that the Lord still does speak today.

Heb 13:8, Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

I believe that the following scripture is relevant to us today (as concerning obedience) and not just to the early church in the limited time that it would have been read to them before the canon of scripture was closed by the book of Revelation:

1Th 5:19, Quench not the Spirit.
1Th 5:20, Despise not prophesyings.
1Th 5:21, Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I just want to thank everyone for all of the support I am feeling from you as evidenced by all of the likes towards the OP.

It really does mean a lot to me.

Well when you consider that you have 1,033 likes, you have no need to worry over the negative responses you get... it happens, not everyone like our posts or likes what we belief. That fine...all will be revealed at The End. :)

Reactions: justbyfaith

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

You don't need confidence in you, just confidence in Him.
I have done many thing that people told us "was not the Lord"
We sold everything, gave away stuff and came to Canada with our teenage kids with only two suit cases each. We have to live by what we believe He is leading us to do. And trust Him for the outcome.

Keep the faith, not in your hearing....but in Him, .."that even though are righteous man falls seven times, he will get up again " and keep walking.

God has got it!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
because I have been told in times past that when I have heard Him, it was the result of a mental illness.

Considering further what you shared; it takes me back a couple of years to when I was struggling with an illness. One of the symptoms listed was: religious delusions that you are called of God for a special purpose. This terrified me. One night I sat with my husband and was crying, almost convinced I was sick and that was the explanation for any closeness I’d been experiencing with God. I asked my husband, “Do you think I’m crazy?” His response was “if you are crazy...then I am crazy too.”

Just wanted to share that with you.