I believe that gay people have as much of a "choice" to be gay as you do to not sin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who accept Christ will be saved, those who don't will remain unsaved.
Christians are saved from death and from the Lake of Fire. However, ALL are saved from eternal death.

Again, John 3:16 YLT

John 3:16

Young's Literal Translation

16 for God did so love the world, that His Son -- the only begotten -- He gave, that every one who is believing in him may not perish, but may have life age-during.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen. For ALL of mankind.

Did not Jesus say, few there be that find that narrow gate?

The overwhelming majority of mankind will be in the Lake of Fire.

I'm sorry, but that's just the facts, and not one of them will have an excuse.

Reactions: Nancy

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Charlie24

Something that most people don't realize is that God works with us through ages. Some people are condemned but it's for a period of a time or for an age, not forever.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did not Jesus say, few there be that find that narrow gate?

The overwhelming majority of mankind will be in the Lake of Fire.

I'm sorry, but that's just the facts, and not one of them will have an excuse.
Few will "find" the narrow gate because only a few are mostly righteous people, but even they have sinned.

It never made sense to me that God would create people only to throw them into an eternal torture chamber. Of course, I later learned that it was a LIE, a lie that you continue to believe and perpetuate.

I've shown you examples of the erroneous translations in most English versions and you've ignored those examples.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Charlie24 I don't know the reason but it seems that you have ignored a number of my responses to you in this thread.

I'll go through any and every verse you can throw at me, and I will go into detail, but not tonight, it's past my bedtime.

I like the way you send one at a time, that's the way it should be, and we can continue tomorrow.

I promise I will take the time to explain them tomorrow.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll go through any and every verse you can throw at me, and I will go into detail, but not tonight, it's past my bedtime.

I like the way you send one at a time, that's the way it should be, and we can continue tomorrow.

I promise I will take the time to explain them tomorrow.

Fair enough. Good night my brother and may God bless you!

Reactions: Charlie24

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think most people believe that we all have total free will, but I know that's not true. We have limited free will. Nobody has the will to reject God forever. Eventually, God will remove the timbers from their eyes and the dross from their hearts and then they will enthusiastically go to God!
Many will lose eternal life because they will reject God

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many will lose eternal life because they will reject God
Some will be dead for a period of time or for an age, but it won't be forever so, yes, you are correct that "many" will be dead while others are enjoying the fruits of life with Christ. By the way, only God is "eternal", meaning he has always existed and had no beginning and no end.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some will be dead for a period of time or for an age, but it won't be forever so, yes, you are correct that "many" will be dead while others are enjoying the fruits of life with Christ. By the way, only God is "eternal", meaning he has always existed and had no beginning and no end.
While that's true some will be dead for a period of time then resurrected to live forever, there will also be those who died in the past and some who will die in the future, those who are destroyed at Armageddon for sure, that will be lost forever. They will be forever be dead.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We're obviously better by walking the narrow path prescribed by Christ. With that said, there isn't a single person in the world right now that lives a sin-free life. We ALL "miss the mark". As well, it's one thing to gleefully live in sin and it's another to remorsefully struggle with sin. I believe there is a difference.
I know that we've all sinned, but what makes you believe nobody has repented of all their sin?

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that we've all sinned, but what makes you believe nobody has repented of all their sin?
To believe that a person has repented from ALL sin is to believe that they have attained perfection and I simply don't believe that's possible while still in the flesh.

And then there's this:

Romans 8:8 ESV​

Those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I believe that gay people have as much of a "choice" to be gay as you do to not sin​

OP^

Experimentation with homosexual encounters has Become Another Common curious, Promoted, Advocated FAD introduced, discussed, taught to the ears of young people….in every public school…

Just as is Sports, Music, Drugs, Alcohol, Smoking, Reproduction, Gender switching, Suicide, Fashion, Freebies, Government Dictators….and a sideline babysitting Pretense of Reading, Writing, Math, History.

And…as is the Promotion Scam of the Way of the NWO…Deflect TO Anything….to Foster;
Strict Avoidance OF the Creator and Maker of Mankind.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To believe that a person has repented from ALL sin is to believe that they have attained perfection and I simply don't believe that's possible while still in the flesh.

And then there's this:

There are Three things a man can establish a relationship WITH…

1)the Lord God…which Requires Heartful Belief AND Confession of that Heartful Belief.
IF and WHEN a man DOES those two things…
The Lord God Forgives that mans SIN (once and forever) for having Not Believed..
* The Forever is KEPT BY the Power (Spirit) of God Entering that man.

2) Satan. Making an allegiance Against the Lord God and Following along in Evil and Wickedness and Corruption that which by and large men OF the world promote, advocate, under the guise of Peace, Safety, Good for All people (right after they eliminate 2/3 of the worlds population, via, wars, drugs, disease, murder, killing, threats, fear, force.)

3) Between mankind. Like today, learn more about them, don't like the next day. Likability wavers as the MIND continues to gather knowledge. Men are continually trusting, not trusting, of other men. Men are continually NOT all knowing. Are continually Trespassing against other men…Intentionally (telling what they know is a lie, stealing, unpaid loans, cheating) and NOT intentionally (car accident, first aid, say they will do, but circumstances prevent)….
Doesn’t matter INTENT…Trespasses occur Continuously Between and among men…friends and Strangers….
* AnD Scriptural Teaching IS…for men TO FORGIVE men of Trespasses Against Them.

God forgives men for Having HAD THE SIN of disbelief IN the Lord God.

Men forgive men for Having Trespassed Against the man.

Men have NO obligation to Believe in men. Nor were men given authority to forgive men of Sin of Disbelief IN God.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Patrick1966

Gods forgiveness given a converted man is Permanent.

The mans body is Spiritually Accepted As DEAD (crucified with Jesus).
The body IS Spiritually, washed, cleansed, sanctified (set apart), justified (to be risen in its own new body), and given authority to reside IN Jesus’ Risen Body, (For all Spiritual purposes)…Called Walking IN the Spirit.
(His soul Saved (ie. Restored to Good)
(His spirit Quickened (ie. Born again of Gods Seed).

While his body is still Fleshly alive…it is Not Yet Made holy or perfect. And can Still Trespass against men….Yet can never again commit Sin against the Lord God of Disbelief.

A mans SIN Against The Lord God Of having HAD disbelief…IS Forgiven….Covered with Gods internal Light (Spirit)…no longer Remembered or Seen BY the Lord God.

Forgiven, Not remembered, Not seen, Covered….
**Does Not mean Sin has bodily Disappeared…
**Does Not mean the body is Sinless.
**It Does mean that body IS Prepared to Receive a new Glorified Body…ON the Day The Lord God Raises up his body.

Glory to God,
Taken

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And then there's this:

Why would anyone want to sin?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians are saved from death and from the Lake of Fire. However, ALL are saved from eternal death.

Again, John 3:16 YLT

John 3:16​

Young's Literal Translation​

16 for God did so love the world, that His Son -- the only begotten -- He gave, that every one who is believing in him may not perish, but may have life age-during.
So belief in Christ is clearly a requirement for eternal life. Young's literal translation that "life age-during" is confusing and obtuse. Here is a much better translation: For this is the way God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. Virtually every other translation says the same thing.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And then there's this:

The next phase -- Romans 8:9a, says " You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you." Christians are not considered to be in the flesh. They are a new creation in Christ.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think most people believe that we all have total free will, but I know that's not true. We have limited free will. Nobody has the will to reject God forever. Eventually, God will remove the timbers from their eyes and the dross from their hearts and then they will enthusiastically go to God!
It is evident that you are not talking about this age of grace, for many die in their sins in their last breath, whether by accident, disease, old age or murdered.
For all of such, they are lost forever in eternal death, if they never came to God through faith in Jesus while alive.
Rom. 8:8-9.

Status
Not open for further replies.