I believe the Lord Jesus' coming again

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
it's a fact that you are supposed to die @ baptism, too GE
and that day is today, always today
it is only ever going to be today,

and how could you give no thought for tomorrow with that anyway, i gotta wonder?

I still believe in the Coming Again of the Lord Jesus Christ in That Day of His Sabbath Rest when God Raised Him from the dead, death and the grave "in the flesh".

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I still believe in the Coming Again of the Lord Jesus Christ in That Day of His Sabbath Rest when God Raised Him from the dead, death and the grave "in the flesh".
ok, well as long as you are not looking for that with two eyes i agree,
otherwise i gotta ask why you are standing there looking up into the sky

Reactions: amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
In That Day I will.
in that day you will what, GE?

i mean c'mon bro, you can't even say it, it's so bad lol
what am i s'posed to do now, say "no you won't?"

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
it's a fact that you are supposed to die @ baptism, too GE
and that day is today, always today
it is only ever going to be today,

and how could you give no thought for tomorrow with that anyway, i gotta wonder?

No one is 'supposed to die @ baptism'; whose baptism, anyway? The baptism of Christ is not with water, anyway.
"I die daily" said Paul and says it still. So that too, dispels your theory one is 'supposed to die @ baptism' supposing water baptism.
It is only ever going to be, "at his Voice, Today", always today, "Harden not your heart!" being "baptised with the baptism of Christ".

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
4We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life

'we were...' False! Were you there with Him? No, you were not there when Christ was "buried" with the baptism that was "My..." that is, HIS "...baptism" with and in and through SUFFERING of dying (our) death.

'we were...' False! "We are buried"! KJV. "We are buried (together) with HIM by HIS baptism into HIS death that LIKE AS Christ was raised from the dead EVEN SO (as He)… we are buried (together) with HIM by HIS baptism into HIS death." Not in ourselves or by ourselves!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life

'we were...' False! Were you there with Him? No, you were not there when Christ was "buried" with the baptism that was "My..." that is, HIS "...baptism" with and in and through SUFFERING of dying (our) death.

'we were...' False! "We are buried"! KJV. "We are buried (together) with HIM by HIS baptism into HIS death that LIKE AS Christ was raised from the dead EVEN SO (as He)… we are buried (together) with HIM by HIS baptism into HIS death." Not in ourselves or by ourselves!
well that is certainly the most gratuitous interpretation, but i doubt that is the intent of the passage,
Romans 6:4 Lexicon: Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life.,
but i can find out by the tenses if i have to. But i already know that my baptism is in view there from other passages, imo your argument is going to fall apart if that is Jesus' what, literal baptism by JohnB? bc then all i have to do is make a profession of belief and i am "saved" then i guess, right, iow i don't need to be "baptised," etc. Heck, why even make a profession in this case? Jesus' baptism covers the whole world after all, right

or iow who is this "we" there in the passage, if not those who have been or are being or are going to be baptised? Which is why the tense is imperfect i guess, "are" is surely applicable when you "are" anyway, yes

3Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?

making "we were" the correct tense there in the next v, and also making it obvious who has been baptised imo, but if you see differnt holler ok

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
In That Day I will.
in that day you will what, GE?

i mean c'mon bro, you can't even say it, it's so bad lol
what am i s'posed to do now, say "no you won't?"
^

i mean no offense ok, but "in that day i will look up into the sky, and piss on what Scripture says there" is maybe not the best pov to hold ok

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
"
When a pagan prays, he will try to persuade his deity to do something the pagan isn't capable to do by himself. And in that, the pagan will reflect that even though he has no clue what he should do, he does somehow know what his deity should do. And so the pagan uses lots of supplicatory language, praise galore and obviously a completely misplaced and insincere humility. The pagan will try to convince his deity that he is fully aware that he is just a humble and inert pawn in the grand scheme of things, and if the deity could kindly change that grand scheme according to the pagan's design..." The amazing word Amen: meaning and etymology

seemed to go here? i dunno

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
well that is certainly the most gratuitous interpretation, but i doubt that is the intent of the passage,
Romans 6:4 Lexicon: Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life.,
but i can find out by the tenses if i have to. But i already know that my baptism is in view there from other passages, imo your argument is going to fall apart if that is Jesus' what, literal baptism by JohnB? bc then all i have to do is make a profession of belief and i am "saved" then i guess, right, iow i don't need to be "baptised," etc. Heck, why even make a profession in this case? Jesus' baptism covers the whole world after all, right

or iow who is this "we" there in the passage, if not those who have been or are being or are going to be baptised? Which is why the tense is imperfect i guess, "are" is surely applicable when you "are" anyway, yes

3Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?

making "we were" the correct tense there in the next v, and also making it obvious who has been baptised imo, but if you see differnt holler ok

No, you had to find out by the Tense – one Tense, not ‘imperfect’ though; you guessed wrong, but English Past Perfect surely applicable correct when it’s Aorist, and the Tense being Constative Punctually Perfect then, “we are” IN CHRIST’S baptism-by-death forever Perfect IN HIM BEING RAISED from HIS baptism-by-death “once for all” – “for many”, not ‘the whole world’ ever before or after all.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
When a pagan prays, he will try to persuade his deity to do something the pagan isn't capable to do by himself. And in that, the pagan will reflect that even though he has no clue what he should do, he does somehow know what his deity should do. And so the pagan uses lots of supplicatory language, praise galore and obviously a completely misplaced and insincere humility. The pagan will try to convince his deity that he is fully aware that he is just a humble and inert pawn in the grand scheme of things, and if the deity could kindly change that grand scheme according to the pagan's design..." The amazing word Amen: meaning and etymology

seemed to go here? i dunno

If you don't know, rather keep quiet.