I can see God pulling me out of boredom days

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi all,
I can see God pulling me out of boredom days and I'm having insight into God-given opportunities God wants and has for me to do.
I have the opportunity to see my dad only in the morning on the weekdays so I get to wake up on time and sleep on time because if I go there in the morning, I get to see and talk to my dad and maybe help take him for a walk and I have to wake up on time for it. My dad has had a stroke for a long time now and I don't know how much longer he has to live but I don't want to talk about that stuff.
I feel God has been calling on me to cook too for many years and nowadays I've been trying to cook at least simple recipes with my mom or on my own since I'm still on the medication that gives me a lack of motivation but I have green tea to get me to feel awake enough and motivated enough so when I come back from visiting my dad, I can take a little nap and then cook something.
After that, I can do exercises.
My sister also asked me the other year if we can read the bible together on the phone, taking turns and I told her before that I didn't have the motivation but now I think I have enough motivation for it since I've been on a benzodiazepine for a long time (11 yrs) and will be off it earlier next yr so about 11 1/2 yrs in total and I'm afraid of developing Alzheimer's or Dementia as a result so that gives me more motivation and also the fact that I didn't get to read the Old Testament completely clearly the first time so it's a great opportunity for my sister and I to read it together and then observe what we've read and even tell each other anything we've learned from what we've read and especially my sister has never read the OT before and she seems to need motivation too and I can be of help with that.:)

Last edited:

Chains Broken

Oct 26, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I pray for you to be successful in this. I hope you will have more motivation once you discontinue your medication, I used to take a medication that had a similar side effect for me and since I was taken off it I haven't felt as numb and disinterested. I hope the same works for you

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi all,
I can see God pulling me out of boredom days and I'm having insight into God-given opportunities God wants and has for me to do.
I have the opportunity to see my dad only in the morning on the weekdays so I get to wake up on time and sleep on time because if I go there in the morning, I get to see and talk to my dad and maybe help take him for a walk and I have to wake up on time for it. My dad has had a stroke for a long time now and I don't know how much longer he has to live but I don't want to talk about that stuff.
I feel God has been calling on me to cook too for many years and nowadays I've been trying to cook at least simple recipes with my mom or on my own since I'm still on the medication that gives me a lack of motivation but I have green tea to get me to feel awake enough and motivated enough so when I come back from visiting my dad, I can take a little nap and then cook something.
After that, I can do exercises.
My sister also asked me the other year if we can read the bible together on the phone, taking turns and I told her before that I didn't have the motivation but now I think I have enough motivation for it since I've been on a benzodiazepine for a long time (11 yrs) and will be off it earlier next yr so about 11 1/2 yrs in total and I'm afraid of developing Alzheimer's or Dementia as a result so that gives me more motivation and also the fact that I didn't get to read the Old Testament completely clearly the first time so it's a great opportunity for my sister and I to read it together and then observe what we've read and even tell each other anything we've learned from what we've read and especially my sister has never read the OT before and she seems to need motivation too and I can be of help with that.:)
Praying that God continue to help you.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Praying that God continue to help you.
Thanks so much. I have not had a consistently very good week. My aunt didn't tell me that she goes on a prayer meeting on Wednesdays so when I called right on that day, no one picked up the phone to reach my dad as he can't walk over himself to get the phone so I felt down and unmotivated again and ended up sleeping and I didn't get to see and talk to him. The next day was raining and I didn't feel like doing anything much. So I asked my mom if she can go with me to eat breakfast together this morning and then I want to shop at my favorite shop and drink something from Starbuck's so I hope today will be one of the happy days finally. Thanks amadeus, you are very spiritual and helpful. Thanks to others too.

• Love
Reactions: amadeus and Lambano

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks so much. I have not had a consistently very good week. My aunt didn't tell me that she goes on a prayer meeting on Wednesdays so when I called right on that day, no one picked up the phone to reach my dad as he can't walk over himself to get the phone so I felt down and unmotivated again and ended up sleeping and I didn't get to see and talk to him. The next day was raining and I didn't feel like doing anything much. So I asked my mom if she can go with me to eat breakfast together this morning and then I want to shop at my favorite shop and drink something from Starbuck's so I hope today will be one of the happy days finally. Thanks amadeus, you are very spiritual and helpful. Thanks to others too.
Many thanks to you and give God the glory!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying God gives you insight as you seem to want to take control of your medications. Not sure that is a good idea, but I also had to tell my doctor no on certain medications, he got upset with me as we tried several medications over the course of a few years. Eventually I found one that works. I too have a problem with motivation to do certain things, but not all things, and I live a good life now.

May God bless you @thelord's_pearl !

Reactions: thelord's_pearl