Long Day

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So yesterday.. was it only yesterday?
The hospital moved Dad over to rehab. Really looking forward to getting his strength back and coming home.
This morning I went to visit him in his new temporary residence, and when I got there there was a couple nurses in the room.
I immediatly noticed something wasn't right.
He was slurring real bad and his breakfast was dribbling out the right side of his mouth.
Dad had a stroke this morning. Somewhere between when they served him breakfast at 8am and when I got there at 9am.

So the ambulance came and brought him back to the hospital. I been there all day and just got home about an hour ago.
They don't know where the clot came from. They been doing cat scans and ultrasounds and medications all day.
Sometimes he talks good and I can understand every word, and about an hour later he loses all motor skills on the right side and his speach is real bad.

I haven't really had time to digest all that's happened today, and so suddenly.
I left the hospital tonight, he is in ICU. He looked better than he did this morning.
I'm praying I don't get any phone calls in the middle of the night, or if I do, it's them telling me Jesus took him home.
I'll be heading back tomorrow morning.

When we left rehab I grabbed up all his belongings. When I got to the hospital I realized I didn't have his dentures.
So I tried to call them on dad's cellphone but the batteries were dead. I used the hospital phone and they said they would have them ready for me to pick up.
So around noon I decided it was a good time to go, they were taking dad for tests and that would take about an hour.
When I got to the car it wouldn't start. So I walked back in and asked if I could get a jump start. It only took a minute and the car was up and running.
I think it was the cold weather it was only 12 degrees today.
So I got his teeth and he looked good when I got back and relieved that he would be able to chew his food whenever they say he can eat.

When it rains it pours.

I just pray there is a break in the storm today.
It's been a really long day.

Please pray for dad. Either he gets better and comes home, or the Lord brings him home.
I just don't want no more trauma, no more pain.
But he's stubborn as a mule, lol

Thank You
Much Love
Hugs

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The hospital moved Dad over to rehab. Really looking forward to getting his strength back and coming home.
This morning I went to visit him in his new temporary residence, and when I got there there was a couple nurses in the room.
He was slurring real bad and his breakfast was dribbling out the right side of his mouth.
Dad had a stroke this morning. Somewhere between when they served him breakfast at 8am and when I got there at 9am.

So the ambulance came and brought him back to the hospital. I been there all day and just got home about an hour ago.
They don't know where the clot came from. They been doing cat scans and ultrasounds and medications all day.
Sometimes he talks good and I can understand every word, and about an hour later he loses all motor skills on the right side and his speach is real bad.

I left the hospital tonight, he is in ICU. He looked better than he did this morning.
I'm praying I don't get any phone calls in the middle of the night, or if I do, it's them telling me Jesus took him home.

When we left rehab I grabbed up all his belongings. When I got to the hospital I realized I didn't have his dentures.
So I tried to call them on dad's cellphone but the batteries were dead. I used the hospital phone and they said they would have them ready for me to pick up.
So around noon I decided it was a good time to go, they were taking dad for tests and that would take about an hour.
When I got to the car it wouldn't start. So I walked back in and asked if I could get a jump start. It only took a minute and the car was up and running.
So I got his teeth and he looked good when I got back and relieved that he would be able to chew his food whenever they say he can eat.

When it rains it pours.

Please pray for dad. Either he gets better and comes home, or the Lord brings him home.

Thank You
Much Love
Hugs

:pray:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

When it rains it pours.

Thank You
Much Love
Hugs
Heavenly Father, I pray for Ziggy and her father and the health issues causing them such concern. I ask Father, that you will give them both that peace that transcends understanding and give Ziggy the strength and fortitude to take care of her poorly dad. You have them in you heart and in your hand Lord so I know you will be there for them whatever the outcome. Bring healing to him if it is your will but if not let the end be peaceful and let Ziggy know your love and be supported in prayer.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank You all so much.
I'm heading over to the hospital shortly.
Praying today will be sunnier than yesterday.
Much Love
Hugs
march on my dear friend . We will be praying my friend . May the LORD be glorified and honored in all that we do and say .
It can be quite depressing and vexing to the soul to have to watch that my friend . But just keep pointing to JESUS CHRIST .
The LORD is our hope and our salvation

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When it rains it pours.

Thank You
Much Love
Hugs
So sad to hear about your dad, I pray he will be healed by God or, that God take him to his real home.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When it rains it pours.

Thank You
Much Love
Hugs
Praying for him and for you.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just got back from the hospital.
Dad is doing much better.
THANK YOU!!!!!!
They moved him from the ICU to a regular room upstairs.
He did have a small clot that got stuck in a vein but they was able to blast it out with medication.
It's been up and down for the last 2 months.
I'm ready for a vacation lol.
But I have to get the house ready for when he does come home.
Everything has been neglected so badly. Dishes piling, laundry piling up lol
It's ok, at least I think Dad and I might be able to get some sleep tonight.
He's ok with going home with the Lord. I think he's getting impatient.
He just looks at me and rolls his eyes and says "here we go again" .
I tell him I'm right beside him for the ride whichever way it leads.
I never did like rollercoasters.

I'll be going back tomorrow. He's about an hour away. But it's a nice country back road with not too much traffic.
Makes travelling a lot easier.
So today the sun is shining.
:D
Much Love
HUGS!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Just got back from the hospital.
Dad is doing much better.
THANK YOU!!!!!!
They moved him from the ICU to a regular room upstairs.
He did have a small clot that got stuck in a vein but they was able to blast it out with medication.
It's been up and down for the last 2 months.
I'm ready for a vacation lol.
But I have to get the house ready for when he does come home.
Everything has been neglected so badly. Dishes piling, laundry piling up lol
It's ok, at least I think Dad and I might be able to get some sleep tonight.
He's ok with going home with the Lord. I think he's getting impatient.
He just looks at me and rolls his eyes and says "here we go again" .
I tell him I'm right beside him for the ride whichever way it leads.
I never did like rollercoasters.

I'll be going back tomorrow. He's about an hour away. But it's a nice country back road with not too much traffic.
Makes travelling a lot easier.
So today the sun is shining.
:D
Much Love
HUGS!
I'm so glad that things have improved for both of you. I pray that Jesus will help you with the cleaning like he used to help me.

MY GOOD FRIEND

When I’m sat at table
Or in my bed I lie,
I never need to worry
For I know my friend’s close by.

He helps me wash the windows
And clean the old front door
Then when I fetch my mop and pail
He helps me scrub the floor

He’s with me when I’m dusting
Or hanging out the clothes
And if I have a problem
I know that my friend knows.

As I tuck my young son up
And bend to kiss his head
My friend smiles down upon him too
All cosy in his bed.

In case you haven’t guessed it
Christ Jesus is my friend
I’ll introduce him to you
If an ear you’ll lend

If you would like to know him
Here’s all you have to do
Just say “Come in Lord Jesus”
Then He’ll come in to you.

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thankyou
Dad is doing ok. But he could be doing better.
I am not happy with the hospital and the LACK of treatment they are giving him.
I am so frustrated.

Dad had a stroke on the right side. But he can move everything now, it has a tendency to get droopy when he is DEHYDRATED, and they don't give him ANYTHING to drink or eat. And I have to REMIND them to hook him up to the iv to hydrate him.
Yesterday I went to visit. I got there at 9am. A tray of food was at the foot of his bed. Unopened.
When the nurse FINALLY came around I asked if they were trying to MALNUTRITION him to death.
He hasn't eaten in over a week.
Oh, well, we need the speech therapist to vome in and see if he can eat, because he has trouble swallowing.
OK, when will that be?
Should be soon.
3 HOURS LATER...
He's ok to eat. So she fed him a little fruit cocktail and a couple spoons of applesause and maybe a 1/2 cup of water.

I was there until 3pm yesterday. And I saw 4 people the whole day.
Housekeeping, the Neurologist, the speech therapist, and his nurse.

Each entered the room, 1 TIME.

Maybe I'm being over dramatic, but I told each of them that DADS RIGHT LEG AND FOOT KEEP CRAMPING!!!!
And they didn't even look at it. Not one of them.

Now I'm thinking, cramping can be due to a couple things. Lack of hydration and a bad flow of blood. or clotting.

I'm headed over now.
Pray for me that God gives me the patience and longsuffering I need not to take vengence on my own.
I am beside myself with their lack of responsibilty.

Breathing.. taking deep breaths.. GRRRRRRRR.... breathing.. taking deep breaths.. GRRRRR.

I tell him about his heal is dry and peely and it gets raw. All they need to do is put a little vaseline or moisterizer on it and it will heal in 2 days. You think ANYONE bring in any moisterizer for his heal, or even LOOK at it!

Ok, sorry for the outburst.
I know God's got this.
And I can't be there 24/7 but I know he is.
So I'm heading over to see what fun we'll have today.

Thankyou for your prayers.
Much Loved and Much needed.
Hugs

• Sad
Reactions: Debp

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying for your Dad @Ziggy and also that God remove every hinderance and keep you in his peace! :pray:
Paul learned . FOR GOD was with HIM .
Paul learned. FOR CHRIST was with HIM .
and even the weary and wore out paul prayed three times for a thorn that to him seemed to hinder him
to be cast out .
BUT GOD is faithful . and WHEN GOD told paul the reason why the THORN would not be removed
PAUL SURE SEEMED to have had his attitude as to what he thought was hindering him , CHANGEDINTO
therefore will i GLORY in my infirmities . JUST LED TO REMIND US ALL of that reminder . Ponder on it .
even pray about it . THE LORD is with and shall be with the lambs . No matter what we must endure in this life .
KEEP in prayer for healing too . but always remember greater is the WILL and PURPOSE o GOD than what we might
think is best for us . Again just a friendly reminder to US all .

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So she fed him a little fruit cocktail and a couple spoons of applesause and maybe a 1/2 cup of water
So sorry for your dad and your situation.

Make sure he keeps hydrated. My doctor said the elderly don't get thirsty but fluids are essential for life. One can live longer without food.

The Lord give you strength and peace.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul learned . FOR GOD was with HIM .
Paul learned. FOR CHRIST was with HIM .
and even the weary and wore out paul prayed three times for a thorn that to him seemed to hinder him
to be cast out .
BUT GOD is faithful . and WHEN GOD told paul the reason why the THORN would not be removed
PAUL SURE SEEMED to have had his attitude as to what he thought was hindering him , CHANGEDINTO
therefore will i GLORY in my infirmities . JUST LED TO REMIND US ALL of that reminder . Ponder on it .
even pray about it . THE LORD is with and shall be with the lambs . No matter what we must endure in this life .
KEEP in prayer for healing too . but always remember greater is the WILL and PURPOSE o GOD than what we might
think is best for us . Again just a friendly reminder to US all .
So as I was walking down the hall to get to dad's room, He is doing ok today, better than yesterday, and I brought some neosporin for his foot and he said it felt better, and he ate breakfast and a little lunch and they had the iv bag hooked up, so good day.
As I was walking down the hall Friend, There is this big poster about 5 feet tall right in the middle of the hallway.

No wonder.... They train the nurses now according to ... wait for it.... Diversity, Equity, and Inclusive.

I talked a few minutes with the nurse this morning. She told me this was the first time she had seen him.
Yesterday dad's nurse told me the same thing. And the day before that, the same.
So not one nurse in the 3 days he's been out of ICU and recovering has any nurse seen him more than one time.

So I told her the system was problematic. It's not the nurses fault that they are scheduled the way they are. 3-12 hour shifts cycled.
I said, so you never really get to "KNOW" your patient, all you have to go by is a chart on the computer.
You don't "KNOW" what he looks like from one day to the next because everyday you have different patients.

Me on the other hand, I see him everyday and I know when something is different, whether it be a droopy eye, or his speech isn't the same as the day before. They don't have first hand knowledge of what to look out for and observe.
So when I come in everyday and I see something different, I tell you. But I'm not a doctor or a nurse. I don't have a medical education or a degree, so I don't feel like I'm being taken seriously and I am really FRUSTRATED.

So I get the same patronizing, oh yes I understand, I'll make a not of it in his charts.
What for??!!
Your not the one who is going to SEE the difference and the one reading the chart hasn't SEEN to compare the difference.

I told her it's not their fault and I'm not upset with the nurses who are TOLD how to do their jobs.
It's the system, its BROKEN.
Because they don't allow the nurses to have the human contact between doctor and patient, all they give you is a computer.

Welcome to the new age.
I can't wait to get him home and take care of him myself.
I know I'm not a doctor or a nurse, but I KNOW my dad.

You know what you can do with DEI...
Just saying..
Hugs