"I don't like even being around them"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
narf!
While I suppose that I could, I won't go through all of this with you. I really don't see that more of it would help anyone.
strikes me as a pretty good way to say that most believers dont have any actual "beliefs" at all, but rather a collection of Absolute Truths, none of which can be violated? :)

the "knowledge of good and evil," what is the fruit of that? we still going with "apple" here? :D
lol

Reactions: amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
cant think of a much better human description for Unknown God myself, but imo that would be problematic for a believer who desires...a Who; we expect an anthropomorphized God, right, a Super-Person, with a beard, and organs and whatnot?
can something be real, and not exist? I think in the Bible "wind" is used for this argument, but it has lost impact today bc we know what the wind is made of?

"Unknown" is not something we are very comfortable with eh; how does one worship "Unknown?"
i tell you that i sure would be running from any "proof" of Yah

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
cant think of a much better human description for Unknown God myself, but imo that would be problematic for a believer who desires...a Who; we expect an anthropomorphized God, right, a Super-Person, with a beard, and organs and whatnot?
tenor.gif

Reactions: bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
narf!

strikes me as a pretty good way to say that most believers dont have any actual "beliefs" at all, but rather a collection of Absolute Truths, none of which can be violated? :)

the "knowledge of good and evil," what is the fruit of that? we still going with "apple" here? :D
lol
I cannot even say I wish it were not so.

It is what it is because so many people are willing to go in directions that God allows even He would rather they chose a better pathway. Even this could get complex if we consider that God ultimately judges [as I understand it] based on what people have done with what they have had and on what they have chosen. This is why we need a Director, a Guide, a Leader and a Comforter!

Alone we cannot even see the pathway. This is what the 'faith' to be chosen [that should be chosen?] really is. But... when someone decides he has all of the answers perfectly in mind and is going that way without listening to or hearing anything else a judgement comes to my mind. But... I get in trouble walking that way too. I can scarcely see the picture, much less, properly explain it or apply it everyone else.

A vision is needed in order not to perish. What vision is needed? Of knowledge of good and evil? Of the right fruit?

I believe it is deeper than that, but who can see what God sees? I believe I have a better vision than many, but I am not the only one to say or believe that... so what does it mean to anyone, who does not see what I see?

Give God the glory!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
if we consider that God ultimately judges [as I understand it] based on what people have done with what they have had and on what they have chosen. This is why we need a Director, a Guide, a Leader and a Comforter!
i agree, but i would suggest that since Yah is not our judge, but has given all judgement to the Son, that we maybe contemplate judgement coming from the Son, today, which is what we can witness happening anyway! imo,
based on what people have done with what they have had
dont we cut the ignorant a break irl, right now? Little kids and others get a pass, right, usually even when they are being willful?
This is why we need a Director, a Guide, a Leader and a Comforter!

Alone we cannot even see the pathway.
yet we counsel those seeking the High Priest to go and cloister, huh. And we effectively cloister ourselves too, imo, we goto "churches" on the other side of town among ppl who are not our immediate neighbors, a "church" full of acquaintances with everyone on their ps and qs, sure better not cuss or anything lol bc that might offend someone, we all just talk about how we love love for an hour lol, through our masks now i guess? i give that way of "life" six more months at best fwiw

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i agree, but i would suggest that since Yah is not our judge, but has given all judgement to the Son, that we maybe contemplate judgement coming from the Son, today, which is what we can witness happening anyway! imo,
The way I see the Word of God, [yes today], is that He effectively spoke it once only. He covered all of the possibilities before any of us existed. We really judge ourselves according to what we do with what we know as the Word of God [already spoken, already in place, covering every possible situation] applies to it. Our ignorance... and the reason for any such ignorance is factored in...
dont we cut the ignorant a break irl, right now? Little kids and others get a pass, right, usually even when they are being willful?
The "pass" would be for anyone for good reasons [according to God] as to why they could not or would not do what man might call better. Young children not yet impressed [or not yet understanding them] with the worst ways of their parents and older people with reduced capacity are more likely to get that "pass". Jesus understood this well as we see how he tells people to what is expected:

"And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven." Matt 18:3