I enjoy being wrong

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its a joy to be as close to truth as one can get, but I could be wrong about that.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Finding out or admitting we are wrong leads to learning. Can't teach and old dog new tricks I suppose. And if we don't question what we believe then we never grow.

I take the scientific approach where nothing is proven, we just have theories about things which could be wrong. It takes evidence and fact to support a theory. But the theory itself may not be accurately describing the facts and evidence.

Cheers!

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Finding out or admitting we are wrong leads to learning. Can't teach and old dog new tricks I suppose. And if we don't question what we believe then we never grow.

I take the scientific approach where nothing is proven, we just have theories about things which could be wrong. It takes evidence and fact to support a theory. But the theory itself may not be accurately describing the facts and evidence.

Cheers!
I ended up changing (Catholic) schools in 4th grade. My first day of class, I raised my hand to answer a question. I was wrong. The kids started to laugh, and I looked around, like, "What? What's so wrong about being wrong?" Luckily, the teacher shut down their laughter REAL fast.

I've known some people who want to appear right, without actually being right. I was married to someone for many years who 'needed' to appear right...who got so peeved when I proved him wrong!

I strive to be right, because I don't want to mislead someone. But if I'm wrong...and PROVEN wrong (without the 'proof' being opinion, rather than fact), I got no prob saying I'm wrong.

At 65 years old, I still have the capacity to learn.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont mind being wrong, and its good when Yahava cuts me back.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what are the orgins of "kilroy was here" Thanks, Daniel
I've always had a fascination with graffiti. "The words of the Prophets are written on the subway walls / and tenement halls". I wanted to use the version of Kilroy that appears in the closing scene of Kelly's Heroes, but (those of you who are familiar with the movie will know why), that would probably have gotten me a stern warning from the Admins.

Reactions: MatthewG

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've always had a fascination with graffiti. "The words of the Prophets are written on the subway walls / and tenement halls". I wanted to use the version of Kilroy that appears in the closing scene of Kelly's Heroes, but (those of you who are familiar with the movie will know why), that would probably have gotten me a stern warning from the Admins.
We used it NAM to drive the you know who nuts. Like David, we would slip into their camp and write Kilroy was Here. I just requested the movie from the library, thanks. Daniel