i feel like Christiainty is to hard for me.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i feel like it's too complicated for me to understand i don't get things like the trinity. Jesus being God and The Son Of God. Or how i am suppose to read the bible. if i even know if i am following God and that God is Christ i still don't feel like i am close. i am too scared to pray cause i have uncertainty in mind. can i just give up i will never achieve having a relationship with God. i don't know Who's God Jesus or Jehovah? are they both God. or is Jehovah another name for the Father.
Again, I would suggest doing as I previously suggested.

Ask the Lord to reveal Himself to you.

Something like,

"God who created me, I don't know if You are Jesus or not; but if You are, I want to know You, and I want to also ask You to come into my heart and be my Lord and Saviour. Please fill me with Your Holy Spirit and make me a brand new creature in You."

Scriptures: John 7:17, John 1:12, Revelation 3:20, Colossians 1:27, Luke 11:9-13, and 2 Corinthians 5:17)

Jesus' yoke is easy and His burden is light (Matthew 11:28-30).

Once you have entered in through the narrow door (Matthew 7:13-14), it opens up into a broad place that is easy to live in and even joyful.

God is not a hard taskmaster if you are not under the law.

Believing that Christ died for you on the Cross of Calvary means that you are not under the law; if you believe in Him and in what He did for you, you are not under the law but under grace; and therefore sin shall not have dominion over you.

If you don't understand everything I'm saying to you, don't fret: understanding will come in time, especially if you get filled with the Spirit, 1 Corinthians 2:13-14.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's an argument in philosophy presented by the seventeenth-century French philosopher, mathematician and physicist Blaise Pascal (1623–62). It posits that humans bet with their lives that God either exists or does not.

I didn't know where is began, I just thought it was fitting, that the end Justifies the mean's! Ether way. We that are believer's have had experiences that came from God and Savior, and hopefully serving with the understanding of the hope to which we were called.

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
I think that in all this it comes down to Jesus proving himself. This universe seems cold without an overseer, colder still without a cause to believe.

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
When is all done and said, who hasn't broken the commandment by just going to the toilet, or by burying that dead bird in the yard.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
BTW, Sean, to unzip something in Word....
Do one of the following:
  1. To unzip a single file or folder, open the zipped folder, then drag the file or folder from the zipped folder to a new location.
  2. To unzip all the contents of the zipped folder, press and hold (or right-click) the folder, select Extract All, and then follow the instructions.
(To tell you the truth, it just sort of happens kind of automatically for me.)
I stopped unzipping years ago. I even forgot all about it. Yes, it happens automatically now. As does everything else....My first computer with windows was in 1995. I had to do EVERYTHING manually, but it was still better than DOS.
And were they slow! When something was saved there was a waiting time of about 10 to 15 seconds...oh no!

sorry for the interruption...

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i feel like it's too complicated for me to understand

Bingo....an admission of a NATURAL human...!!

Scripture is ONE thing....ie.
The Word of God.

UNDERSTANDING the Word of God is completely ANOTHER thing....ie.
WHAT the Word of God MEANS (the understanding)...."ACCORDING TO GOD."

No man is prevented FROM Speaking WHAT that individual "BELIEVES" the Word of God means......WHOLE religious sects are established on WHAT MEN Believe Gods WORD MEANS, and others who are WILLING to subscribe to the SAME beliefs.

You have presented yourself, young, immature in Gods Word, a quitter (before your have genuinelly "started",) complained it's too hard....and have been given genuine Advice TO;

MAKE a Decision;
Trust to Believe the Scriptural written Word of God is TRUE, regardless IF you (yet) understand it. (noone else can TRUST the Word of God "for you").

Then get to getting...READ the Scriptures.
(noone else can READ the Word of God "for you").

Keep reading, hearing...
...it's called BEING enlightened.

The one who DOESN"T QUIT, is the one WHO, begins and continues receiving FROM GOD...
something called FAITH.

TAKE NOTICE...."understanding" IS NOT part of that process. IOW words "understanding" comes LONG after hearing, readying, studying, Trusting the "knowledge".

It is hearing, reading, learning, trusting, receiving faith, continuing....that IS preparing a man FOR greater Gifts...

The gift of Faith is INCREASED....because the EFFORT of the man to read, hear, continue increases...

A natural man greatly increased IN FAITH, is prepared to SUBMIT his LIFE to the Lord and Accept the Lords offering of;

Forgiveness,
Gods faith-FULLNESS,
Sanctification,
Salvation,
Gods Seed,
A new heart,
A new spirit,
Gods Spirit
Gods Truth,
Gods Understanding of His Word...

It is the Reading, hearing, that is an individuals Choice/decision.

You are immature, and unskilled in Gods Word......yet imply you want understanding.

I would suggest you stop worrying about what "men's" doctrines dictate, and dedicate your time and effort to The Truth's Doctrine....and Thee Truth IS Jesus.

And recognize....God giving His Understanding to an Individual....
IS NOT given to Doubters, quitters, the unsure, or babes in knowledge.

In short Understanding According to God...
IS a gift from God TO THOSE 'who are" Sealed unto Him.

Why would you BE Sealed unto ANYTHING that you do not KNOW, Trust, Believe.....or that Does not KNOW YOU?

In short you are a babe, and much to do before you are prepared.....the effort to become prepared lands solely on yourself.

i don't get things like the trinity.

The trinity is a man-made teaching method....why worry about it?

Jesus being God and The Son Of God.

OT knowledge reveals they were men and babes....not knowing or understanding Jesus was God or the Son of God. Why worry about what you are not prepared to understand?

Or how i am suppose to read the bible.

Open Book, read. Like a novel from cover to cover? You could quickly be overwhelmed with umpteen charcters you can not pronounce their names nor comprehend their roles. You could start with the New Testament...the testimonies according to particular men who were face to face with Jesus....but then would references to the OT make sense to you?
You could get a Toddler Bible, they speak in a toned down level of simplicity and then note the Bibles' Reverence, that would lead you to particulate scriptures, that should spark your interest to read and study that particular Chapter..
You could do words searches of Scripture, that apply to facets of YOUR life now to gain insight of what according to God applies to you NOW.

God and that God is Christ i still don't feel like i am close.

Why would you feel close? Develop-ED relationships dictate the Closeness, which you admittedly do not have.

Grown Men....NOT children, spent 3 years "days and nights", with Jesus, hearing, listening, seeing....and what?
Faltered, doubted, denied.....BUT WHAT ELSE? ....did they do?
Quit, whine, complain, it's too hard?
No, they continued following, until they were prepared to receive FAITH-FULLNESS and Submit their Life TO The Lord.

i am too scared to pray cause i have uncertainty in mind.

Do you know what God says about a Carnal Mind? The Carnal Mind IS AGAINST GOD!

So that is Settled. If you depend on your MIND to direct you...and your MIND IS Against God, "hummm, guess where YOU are going to be Lead?"

can i just give up i will never achieve having a relationship with God.

Of course you can "give up"...you have freewill to learn ABOUT God, to GET TO KNOW HIM, to be privileged to Understand His Word...or not. He OFFERS Knowledge, Gifts, Understanding....NO ONE "makes" you Accept His Offerings.

i don't know Who's God Jesus or Jehovah? are they both God. or is Jehovah another name for the Father.

Do you KNOW WHO "YOU" ARE?
Do you Know your given Name?
Do you Know the Name YOU Chose for "your word" on this Forum?
Do you answer to Other Names, descriptions, titles?

Should others think it a great mystery, and wonder IF you ARE "multiple" persons, because you have multiple "names"?

God IS ONE God. Scripture reveals Things Specific that are attributed TO God ONLY.
Things that ARE attributed TO God ONLY, are revealed ALSO attributed to "Him called" Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

YOU have to decide IF, TO YOU, Scripture IS TRUE and there is ONLY ONE God, and He reveals Himself with Multiple names and titles.....or not.

But you cannot KNOW, IF you do not hear and read and verify in Scripture or Trust Scripture is True...

That is YOUR Choice, that YOU have to make. No one can make that choice FOR you.

God Bless,
Taken

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Bingo....an admission of a NATURAL human...!!

Scripture is ONE thing....ie.
The Word of God.

UNDERSTANDING the Word of God is completely ANOTHER thing....ie.
WHAT the Word of God MEANS (the understanding)...."ACCORDING TO GOD."

No man is prevented FROM Speaking WHAT that individual "BELIEVES" the Word of God means......WHOLE religious sects are established on WHAT MEN Believe Gods WORD MEANS, and others who are WILLING to subscribe to the SAME beliefs.

You have presented yourself, young, immature in Gods Word, a quitter (before your have genuinelly "started",) complained it's too hard....and have been given genuine Advice TO;

MAKE a Decision;
Trust to Believe the Scriptural written Word of God is TRUE, regardless IF you (yet) understand it. (noone else can TRUST the Word of God "for you").

Then get to getting...READ the Scriptures.
(noone else can READ the Word of God "for you").

Keep reading, hearing...
...it's called BEING enlightened.

The one who DOESN"T QUIT, is the one WHO, begins and continues receiving FROM GOD...
something called FAITH.

TAKE NOTICE...."understanding" IS NOT part of that process. IOW words "understanding" comes LONG after hearing, readying, studying, Trusting the "knowledge".

It is hearing, reading, learning, trusting, receiving faith, continuing....that IS preparing a man FOR greater Gifts...

The gift of Faith is INCREASED....because the EFFORT of the man to read, hear, continue increases...

A natural man greatly increased IN FAITH, is prepared to SUBMIT his LIFE to the Lord and Accept the Lords offering of;

Forgiveness,
Gods faith-FULLNESS,
Sanctification,
Salvation,
Gods Seed,
A new heart,
A new spirit,
Gods Spirit
Gods Truth,
Gods Understanding of His Word...

It is the Reading, hearing, that is an individuals Choice/decision.

You are immature, and unskilled in Gods Word......yet imply you want understanding.

I would suggest you stop worrying about what "men's" doctrines dictate, and dedicate your time and effort to The Truth's Doctrine....and Thee Truth IS Jesus.

And recognize....God giving His Understanding to an Individual....
IS NOT given to Doubters, quitters, the unsure, or babes in knowledge.

In short Understanding According to God...
IS a gift from God TO THOSE 'who are" Sealed unto Him.

Why would you BE Sealed unto ANYTHING that you do not KNOW, Trust, Believe.....or that Does not KNOW YOU?

In short you are a babe, and much to do before you are prepared.....the effort to become prepared lands solely on yourself.

The trinity is a man-made teaching method....why worry about it?

OT knowledge reveals they were men and babes....not knowing or understanding Jesus was God or the Son of God. Why worry about what you are not prepared to understand?

Open Book, read. Like a novel from cover to cover? You could quickly be overwhelmed with umpteen charcters you can not pronounce their names nor comprehend their roles. You could start with the New Testament...the testimonies according to particular men who were face to face with Jesus....but then would references to the OT make sense to you?
You could get a Toddler Bible, they speak in a toned down level of simplicity and then note the Bibles' Reverence, that would lead you to particulate scriptures, that should spark your interest to read and study that particular Chapter..
You could do words searches of Scripture, that apply to facets of YOUR life now to gain insight of what according to God applies to you NOW.

Why would you feel close? Develop-ED relationships dictate the Closeness, which you admittedly do not have.

Grown Men....NOT children, spent 3 years "days and nights", with Jesus, hearing, listening, seeing....and what?
Faltered, doubted, denied.....BUT WHAT ELSE? ....did they do?
Quit, whine, complain, it's too hard?
No, they continued following, until they were prepared to receive FAITH-FULLNESS and Submit their Life TO The Lord.

Do you know what God says about a Carnal Mind? The Carnal Mind IS AGAINST GOD!

So that is Settled. If you depend on your MIND to direct you...and your MIND IS Against God, "hummm, guess where YOU are going to be Lead?"

Of course you can "give up"...you have freewill to learn ABOUT God, to GET TO KNOW HIM, to be privileged to Understand His Word...or not. He OFFERS Knowledge, Gifts, Understanding....NO ONE "makes" you Accept His Offerings.

Do you KNOW WHO "YOU" ARE?
Do you Know your given Name?
Do you Know the Name YOU Chose for "your word" on this Forum?
Do you answer to Other Names, descriptions, titles?

Should others think it a great mystery, and wonder IF you ARE "multiple" persons, because you have multiple "names"?

God IS ONE God. Scripture reveals Things Specific that are attributed TO God ONLY.
Things that ARE attributed TO God ONLY, are revealed ALSO attributed to "Him called" Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

YOU have to decide IF, TO YOU, Scripture IS TRUE and there is ONLY ONE God, and He reveals Himself with Multiple names and titles.....or not.

But you cannot KNOW, IF you do not hear and read and verify in Scripture or Trust Scripture is True...

That is YOUR Choice, that YOU have to make. No one can make that choice FOR you.

God Bless,
Taken
Not even Michael can make that decision either.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not even Michael can make that decision either.

Disagree.
No one can decide for him to hear, read, follow, and continue but Michael himself.

God Bless,
Taken

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
@Willie T Gave me some background on the subject! All I knew was what a person related to me in the same manor, I thought it was good????
It explains how we take a gamble.
If we gamble right...we win.
If we gamble wrong...we lose.

IOW, it's better to believe in God, because if after death there's nothing, we have nothing to lose...but if after death there's something and we wake up and are not saved...we'll pay on our skin!

I read Willie's post, that was nice of him.

I learned about this from a philosopher on a different forum years ago...I never forgot it.