I hate myself, and hate being an atheist.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dec 12, 2023
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was at the other Christian Forums, but they banned me because I mentioned a few things that I did not know were against the rules (I won't mention them here as to not risk anything). I am absolutely BOILING angry at them, as they picked a terrible time to do that. There's nothing like seeing someone online, and then just not responding and ghosting you.

My mind is in a panicked, lost and horrified state. I hate myself, and I'm so anxious that I'm constantly woozy. I am 35 and have not been with a woman, because I've been busy with life. I then joined the Sosuave forum, which is - for those who don't know - a super macho redpilled alpha male testosterone cold emotionless forum, but they have constant success with women. That place introduced to me how shallow and one-sided the love world is, which has proven that it may be too late for me.

Just when I get help at the other forum, they decide to ban me, and then not tell me if it's permanent or not because half the planet likes to play the "not reply" game. Seriously, who doesn't do that? Every mod at every forum loves doing that, and you can see when they were last online. I am screaming in my head right now, where is this god? Where is this "heals the broken-hearted" that he does? If he doesn't answer, I might have to escape somewhere, because I can hardly even think.
If you were to actually ever get to know God and become attached to Him, you will suffer far far far worse
evil in the flesh than being banned from a Christian forum on the internet.

In fact that is a piece of cake with icing on top.

Cerraco

Oct 23, 2023
Greenfield
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
If you were to actually ever get to know God and become attached to Him, you will suffer far far far worse
evil in the flesh than being banned from a Christian forum on the internet.

In fact that is a piece of cake with icing on top.
I don't get it. And I was unbanned from that forum, which took a lot of finesse. I'm sure you read that part already, but still.

Rabbi Reuben

Dec 20, 2023
NY
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I was at the other Christian Forums, but they banned me because I mentioned a few things that I did not know were against the rules (I won't mention them here as to not risk anything). I am absolutely BOILING angry at them, as they picked a terrible time to do that. There's nothing like seeing someone online, and then just not responding and ghosting you.

My mind is in a panicked, lost and horrified state. I hate myself, and I'm so anxious that I'm constantly woozy. I am 35 and have not been with a woman, because I've been busy with life. I then joined the Sosuave forum, which is - for those who don't know - a super macho redpilled alpha male testosterone cold emotionless forum, but they have constant success with women. That place introduced to me how shallow and one-sided the love world is, which has proven that it may be too late for me.

Just when I get help at the other forum, they decide to ban me, and then not tell me if it's permanent or not because half the planet likes to play the "not reply" game. Seriously, who doesn't do that? Every mod at every forum loves doing that, and you can see when they were last online. I am screaming in my head right now, where is this god? Where is this "heals the broken-hearted" that he does? If he doesn't answer, I might have to escape somewhere, because I can hardly even think.
Why would God help anyone who does not even believe He exist? That's stupid.

Cerraco

Oct 23, 2023
Greenfield
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
How so? How does God help them who hate Him?
I never said I hated him. There are good atheists out there, and there are bad religious people. Does God still favor the bad religious people simply because they believe in him? Wouldn't that be insecure and petty?

Rabbi Reuben

Dec 20, 2023
NY
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I never said I hated him. There are good atheists out there, and there are bad religious people. Does God still favor the bad religious people simply because they believe in him? Wouldn't that be insecure and petty?
I don't have anymore to say to you.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Came across this and my heart goes out to you, man. Look, the truth is that the majority of Christianity teaches false ideas, a problem which is the result of over 1,500 years of papal devastation of Christianity. We've been recovering for the past 400 years from it. The truth is simple: "Fear God and keep His commandments for this is the whole duty of man" - the word "fear" meaning "loving reverence" - NOT dreadful apprehension.

In the briefest terms: long ago, God had His chief angel go off the deep end, claiming His government was unfair and that he had a better way. Annihilating this troublemaker was not an option, seeing that suspicion would firmly take hold in the minds of every creature in all of God's universe...so, God decided to create a NEW ORDER OF BEING...one with which He shared two things the Bible says He'd not previously shared with any of His creatures: power to procreate in their image and a dominion over which to rule. The reason was simple: by creating the human race, they would demonstrate to the universe that when you think with the mindset of a Creator, you MUST have rules, you MUST have boundaries, you MUST have certain conditions put in place to preserve the safety and happiness of offspring which is incapable of discerning right and wrong on their own. Thus, God's way would be vindicated and Lucifer could then safely be destroyed without the sowing of the seeds of universal suspicion.

Unfortunately, mankind chose to disobey God in Eden, forever altering their "spiritual DNA" from a nature to love and obey God to a nature that fears and resents His authority. The justice of God demanded death to the sinner, seeing that sin - like cancer - will only spread and consume and destroy if allowed to remain. BTW, "death" is not "eternal torment" - it is "annihilation" aka "pass away into non-existence".

God was now faced with dilemma: If man dies in order that the justice of My law is done, I no longer have precious man for Myself, but if man doesn't die for his sin, the divine justice of My law will not be done.

So, God devised a plan that shocked the entire universe: He would vacate His divine throne, become a man and dwell with us on Earth, live a perfect life, and then offer Himself as a perfect sacrifice for sin in man's stead, that "whosoever believeth on Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life". By this, He could legitimately be both "Just" in punishing impenitent man for his sin, but also the "Justifier" of them which believe and repent. What an incredibly epic, beautiful, indescribably merciful tale of Almighty God's love for His pitiful creatures.

So, if all this isn't enough to lead a person to a full surrender to God, doing EVERYTHING He says EXACTLY as He says it's to be done because He knows what's best seeing that He made us...then He'll tearfully allow us to turn and go our own way, which unfortunately will be to eventual destruction.

So, instead of asking angrily "where is God" - rather, say, "Here I am, Lord, what wilt Thou have me to do?" Then, read the answer for yourself:

Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 KJV
[13] Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
[14] For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Last edited:

Cerraco

Oct 23, 2023
Greenfield
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I don't have anymore to say to you.
You sure showed me!
Unfortunately, mankind chose to disobey God in Eden, forever altering their "spiritual DNA" from a nature to love and obey God to a nature that fears and resents His authority. The justice of God demanded death to the sinner, seeing that sin - like cancer - will only spread and consume and destroy if allowed to remain. BTW, "death" is not "eternal torment" - it is "annihilation" aka "pass away into non-existence".
I should hope not, even as an atheist, I don't know how other atheists just walk around with the thought process of "There's nothing after, oh well! (whistles without a care in the world)" No, that means that Hitler gets the final say over all the Jewish people killed. That means Ted Bundy gets the final say over the poor women he killed. That means justice is entirely subjective and eternally fails, and that life was purely for nothing, and lead to nothing.

Reactions: Lambano

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I should hope not, even as an atheist, I don't know how other atheists just walk around with the thought process of "There's nothing after, oh well! (whistles without a care in the world)" No, that means that Hitler gets the final say over all the Jewish people killed. That means Ted Bundy gets the final say over the poor women he killed. That means justice is entirely subjective and eternally fails, and that life was purely for nothing, and lead to nothing.
I don't see that argument very often, but I think it's one of the reasons C.S. Lewis became a Christian:

“My argument against God was that the universe seemed so cruel and unjust. But how had I got this idea of just and unjust? A man does not call a line crooked unless he has some idea of a straight line. What was I comparing this universe with when I called it unjust? If the whole show was bad and senseless from A to Z, so to speak, why did I, who was supposed to be part of the show, find myself in such a violent reaction against it?... Of course I could have given up my idea of justice by saying it was nothing but a private idea of my own. But if i did that, then my argument against God collapsed too--for the argument depended on saying the world was really unjust, not simply that it did not happen to please my fancies. Thus, in the very act of trying to prove that God did not exist - in other words, that the whole of reality was senseless - I found I was forced to assume that one part of reality - namely my idea of justice - was full of sense. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never have known it was dark. Dark would be without meaning.”
― C.S. Lewis
This is not an argument that I completely understand, but I do thank you for shedding some light on it.

Reactions: Chains Broken

Cerraco

Oct 23, 2023
Greenfield
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
This is not an argument that I completely understand, but I do thank you for shedding some light on it.
That is probably one of the few good things about me being me, I can understand the perspectives of both religion (Christianity mostly) and atheism. I can see the positives and negatives of both. If there's no God, then good and bad are just "what people think". As in, one is not better than the other, it's just a bunch of different mindsets. People are being thrown in jail for just "thinking and doing differently" that other people didn't like.

When an atheist says "there's nothing after death", they don't think any further than that. It's very easy to be comfortable with atheism when everything in your life is going fine, and you don't need anything else, but what would that same atheist's mindset be if someone killed his whole family, then himself? Is that person still comfortable with the idea of his family going nowhere, and the now-deceased killer just getting a free void sleep in the end, never to be punished? If that's the case, Hitler won. All of a sudden, atheism doesn't sound so comfortable anymore. These are the thoughts that make me resent atheism.

Reactions: Lambano

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You sure showed me!

I assure you, Revelation 22:14 KJV means what it says when it says, " Behold, I come quickly, and My reward is with Me to give to every man according to his deeds".

There isn't a single verse in Scripture which supports eternal torment - the reward of the wicked is annihilation. That's why it says "there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more PAIN for the former things are passed away".

Reactions: Matthias

keltzkroz

Dec 15, 2023
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well gee, looks like I don't really have a choice. I have to pick this one religion, or I suffer for eternity. There goes that "unconditional love" that God supposedly has.
So let's celebrate your good fortune.

Chains Broken

Oct 26, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who's gonna break the news to people who are burning forever just for not believing?
Everyone has to at some point draw the line between the figuative and literal and I personally think the "burning forever" is a figurative way of describing how someone would feel about not being in Heaven after death.

I believe God gives us free will. We can believe in Him as much as we want in our lives. We can choose to spend our lives and afterlife with Him, and we can choose to spend our life and afterlife without Him and He won't force us to be with Him.

So that creates two places, with God and without God. Since my point of view assumes God and the afterlife exists (for reasons I'm not going to go into now), I think it's fair to say that God gives His best (Heaven) to those that follow Him.

Therefore, if there are two places, and one is Heaven, then passing on your opportunity and spending eternity anywhere other than Heaven by your own free will would feel like what I interpret as a figurative lake of fire.

Some Atheists say that they would rather be nothing after death than be with the Christian God. I believe that God loves them so much that he honors their choice and gives them what they want, which is not Heaven, not eternal physical suffering and tourture, but nothing. However, Heaven is so great that it makes "nothing" look like a metaphorical lake of fire in comparision. And if you died and got nothing while you could've had eternity in Heaven, the nothing might feel that way too.

This is just my interpretation. I don't speak for all Christians and I'm not really interested in arguing back and forth over minds that won't change. I'm sure there's many holes in my theory and I don't know if I'm going to Heaven.

Reactions: amadeus

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't understand this. So... the bad people just... vanish into nothingness?
Yes. Why? The Living Soul comes into existence as a consequence of the union of the Body and the Breath of Life (Spirit of Life) and at the moment of disunion, the Body begins to decompose back into dust and the Breath of Life returns to God, and the Living Soul simply ceases to be:

Genesis 2:7 KJV
Body + Breath of Life (Spirit of Life) = Living Soul commences to exist

Ecclesiastes 12:7 KJV
Body - Breath of Life (Spirit of Life) = Living Soul ceases to exist

The confusion lies with those who think the thing which "returns" to God is disembodied Grandpa that looks, sounds, and thinks like Grandpa but this cannot be the case. Why? Grandpa has never been to heaven, therefore can't return to heaven any more than you or I can return to the moon. Therefore, what returns to God from deceased Grandpa is identical to that which issued forth from God before it ever got to Great Grandma's womb and commenced Grandpa's existence.

So, why do people say "the soul is immortal" instead of accepting what I've written is inarguable, incontrovertible, undeniable Bible truth? Misinterpreted and misapplied Bible texts such as:

> the Rich Man and Lazarus
>"absent from the body/present with the Lord"
>"He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living"
>"the smoke of their torment ascendeth up forever and ever"
>"...even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with Him"

...and one or two other "proof" texts which can very easily and quickly be shown to be no proof at all. Of course, the massive implication is that the Wicked do not burn for all eternity, but simply burn up and out of existence, which for some reason is unacceptable to Christians who seem to be anxious to watch those who did them wrong begin an eternal sentence for a temporal crime.

Go ahead, if you please, and ask me about those "proof" texts cause dis brotha ain't scared, G

Last edited: