I have a question and need prayer

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Phantom pain can drive some to suicide, be careful.
Why are you suggesting suicidal potential. I don't see any connection there.

I did see a study of phantom pain from amputation but that was just a study.

Last edited:

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why are you suggesting suicidal potential. I don't see any connection there.
You said you hurt, but that it didn't show up on scans: that might be "phantom pain".

I saw someone with phantom pain, that committed suicide - but don't trust me, trust the Holy Spirit.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said you hurt, but that it didn't show up on scans: that might be "phantom pain".

I saw someone with phantom pain, that committed suicide - but don't trust me, trust the Holy Spirit.
Thanks. I looked up that potential and it was associated with amputation and was a study being done to see if there was a connection between suicide and phantom pain from amputation. I'm not an amputee though.

Reactions: Gottservant

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have been to the walk in clinic three times in the recent months complaining of heart pain. But the EKG's come back normal so I'm not having a heart attack or anything.

The question is this: what condition would cause your heart to hurt during the beatings or just hurting also but not cause a heart attack?

Thanks for any prayers. I have a referral now to see the cardiologist and will follow up with him.
It's possible for the coronary arteries in the heart to go into spasm - giving you pain - but then be back to normal by the time your ECG is done. The cardiologist will be aware of such things. There may be other possible explanations too.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's possible for the coronary arteries in the heart to go into spasm - giving you pain - but then be back to normal by the time your ECG is done. The cardiologist will be aware of such things. There may be other possible explanations too.
Thanks, yeah I think I saw that in my search for a potential cause. I do get muscle spasms and cramps in my body from my stomach problems I have. I get dehydration at times and have to drink a lot of water as a result. So that may be correct.

Sometimes the muscle spasms are painful. I often wondered if it would affect my heart.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I found this:

"A coronary artery spasm is a temporary tightening (constriction) of the muscles in the wall of an artery that sends blood to the heart. A spasm can reduce or block blood flow to part of the heart. If a spasm lasts long enough, you can have chest pain (angina) and even a heart attack."

And this:

"Muscle spasms can have causes that aren't due to underlying disease. Examples include extreme fatigue from overexertion, not using the muscle enough, low magnesium, or low potassium."

And this:

"As per a 2002 study, dehydration can also increase the risk of a heart attack in adults. As lack of water thickens your blood and makes your blood vessels constrict, over time it can strain your heart. This can cause plaque buildup and blockage in the arteries and can cause a heart attack."

So if this is what is causing the heart pain then I'd better be careful. I would think low magnesium or potassium. But I get a lot of potassium in my diet. My neurologist suggested adding magnesium into my diet. I probably better pick some up.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aww. Thanks, Nancy .:) But in case you were concerned about me, I should clarify that my aneurism was back in 2015. Or was it '16? New valve and about 7 inches of pipe, good as new, can barely see the scar. :spring:
Well then, that is very good to know! I trust you are eating well and exercising? No smoking? No too fatty foods? Fried foods are the bane of my existence, I am absolutely NOT to have them but, I do anyhow :(
I'm sure you know what's good and what's not good for you :dusted:

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well then, that is very good to know! I trust you are eating well and exercising? No smoking? No too fatty foods? Fried foods are the bane of my existence, I am absolutely NOT to have them but, I do anyhow :(
I'm sure you know what's good and what's not good for you :dusted:
Starbucks' Double-Chocolate Brownies are good for you, right?

• Haha
Reactions: Nancy

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are medicine; that's why they sell 'em at the pharmacy.
I eat what my body craves because I think it's God telling me that I need it. And about once a week to once every two weeks I crave Reesees peanut butter cups. It's not too often, but I don't really get any Chocolate or sugar in my diet. So I kinda wonder if I need it and my body is telling me that.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I eat what my body craves because I think it's God telling me that I need it. And about once a week to once every two weeks I crave Reesees peanut butter cups. It's not too often, but I don't really get any Chocolate or sugar in my diet. So I kinda wonder if I need it and my body is telling me that.
I've got a friend who's a diabetic that I sometimes drive around on her errands 'cuz she can no longer safely operate a motor vehicle. I didn't know this, but to a diabetic, low blood sugar is scarier than high. When her glucose is down, Reese's make a good pick-me-up. When we go to the pharmacy, the first place we hit is the candy aisle to get a couple of bags of the snack-size.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've developed stomach pain when I tie my shoes. It was super painful and makes me concerned.

• Sad
Reactions: thelord's_pearl

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No, I learned that you don't need any sugar; it's bad for you and you get sugar from fruits with it's fibre. The fibre helps slow down so you won't get a sugar spike. The only sugar that you need is from fruits, not even from carbohydrates (you don't need any carbohydrates either) and even eating too much fruit is not good for you so eating more vegetables is good and protein and a little good fats/oils.

Reactions: WalterandDebbie