I have a question that remains unanswered:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't see that this is what your own church has done....?
palm
Are you somehow immune to the devil's deceptions?
omg

None so blind....
headslap
(1 Corinthians 10:12; 2 Corinthians 4:4)

The flood victims didn't think Noah was right either......the Jews rejected Jesus because their religious leaders said he was a phony.
We are influenced by those we trust to tell us the truth, so how do we know when we have placed our trust in the wrong people?
Usually not until its too late.
unsure

lol is it not you who is rejecting His Word.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't see that this is what your own church has done....?
palm
Are you somehow immune to the devil's deceptions?
omg

None so blind....
headslap
(1 Corinthians 10:12; 2 Corinthians 4:4)

The flood victims didn't think Noah was right either......the Jews rejected Jesus because their religious leaders said he was a phony.
We are influenced by those we trust to tell us the truth, so how do we know when we have placed our trust in the wrong people?
Usually not until its too late.
unsure

You feeling ok lately? maybe a little light headed and dizzy...better sit down and get some fresh air

Did you ever read and believe Genesis? Do you know what it is about?

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You feeling ok lately? maybe a little light headed and dizzy...better sit down and get some fresh air

Did you ever read and believe Genesis? Do you know what it is about?
Can I ask you the same question...? I'm sure we could arrive at some interesting answers.

Fire away....
ok

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know, if I didn't know better, I'd say there's a good bit of disagreement regarding the position of Christ and the Holy Spirit in this thread. :D
There’s only one Elohim manifest as three persons, so it’s a spurious claim about the Old Testament, given it calls messiah the son, ‘the mighty god, the everlasting father’, and says Elohim, (the plural name of God) said let US make man on OUR image.

The plurality of Elohim is in the Old Testament, despite what some attempt to lead us to believe.

Selah

Reactions: Stumpmaster

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
There’s only one Elohim manifest as three persons, so it’s a spurious claim about the Old Testament, given it calls messiah the son, ‘the mighty god, the everlasting father’, and says Elohim, (the plural name of God) said let US make man on OUR image.

The plurality of Elohim is in the Old Testament, despite what some attempt to lead us to believe.

Selah
Absolutely!

Gen 1:2 . . . And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.
Gen 1:26 Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; . . . "
Gen 3:8 And they heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, . . .

Reactions: Curtis

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you say so...it must be true. But you can never say that you weren’t told....
God abandoned fleshly Israel and “turned his attention to the nations to take out of them a people for his name”. (Matthew 23:37-39; Acts 15:14) Who taught Peter and the other apostles this truth?

You really should do some deeper study. You are only taught to believe church doctrine. The Bible tells a whole other story...

Go back and actually read the scriptures I gave you.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Go back and actually read the scriptures I gave you.
Oh good grief :rolleyes:......go back and read the full explanation I gave you....the scriptures you gave me do not counter what I shared in post #335.
“The Israel of God” are not just Jews, but the elect among Christians. (Galatians 6:16)

Even Jesus said that the Kingdom was to be taken from the Jews and given to those who could obey their God.

You are a bit like a broken record......

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why not just answer the question?

Maybe He preferred to live it rather than teach it. The goalposts just keep on a-movin'.

Quick wit doesn't equal orthodoxy, you know.
Actually he did both. Christians do the same, if they don't then simply put, they are hypocrites.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More self-contradictory, meaningless (mis)communication. You were the one appealing to context. I can't participate in much more of this talking in circles. It's very taxing on my nerves.
This business of the word "Jehovah" being used in the NT has been hashed over a thousand times. Are you really going to use that to justify an obsession with names?

New International Version
for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."
New Living Translation
For “Everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved.”
English Standard Version
For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
Berean Study Bible
for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
New American Standard Bible
for “EVERYONE WHO CALLS ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED.”
NASB 1995
for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."
NASB 1977
for “WHOEVER WILL CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED.”
Amplified Bible
For “WHOEVER CALLS ON THE NAME OF THE LORD [in prayer] WILL BE SAVED.”
Christian Standard Bible
For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
Holman Christian Standard Bible
Contemporary English Version
All who call out to the Lord will be saved.
Good News Translation
As the scripture says, "Everyone who calls out to the Lord for help will be saved."
GOD'S WORD® Translation
So then, "Whoever calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."
International Standard Version
"Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."
NET Bible
King James Bible
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
New King James Version
For “whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.”
King James 2000 Bible
New Heart English Bible
For, "Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved."
World English Bible
For, "Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved."
American King James Version
For whoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
American Standard Version
for, Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
A Faithful Version
For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Darby Bible Translation
For every one whosoever, who shall call on the name of the Lord, shall be saved.
English Revised Version
for, Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Webster's Bible Translation
For whoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Geneva Bible of 1587
For whosoeuer shall call vpon the Name of the Lord, shalbe saued.
Bishops' Bible of 1568
For whosoeuer shall call on the name of the Lorde, shalbe saued.
Coverdale Bible of 1535
For who so euer shal call vpon the name of the LORDE, shalbe saued.
Tyndale Bible of 1526
For whosoever shall call on the name of the lorde shalbe safe.
Literal Standard Version
for “Everyone who, if he may have called on the Name of the LORD, will be saved.”
Berean Literal Bible
for, "Whoever shall call upon the name of the Lord will be saved."
Young's Literal Translation
for every one -- whoever shall call upon the name of the Lord, he shall be saved.'
Smith's Literal Translation
For every one whoever should call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Literal Emphasis Translation
For each and every one that will call upon the name of the Lord will be saved.
Douay-Rheims Bible
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord, shall be saved.
Catholic Public Domain Version
For all those who have called upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Lamsa Bible
For whoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be saved.
Anderson New Testament
For every one that calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Godbey New Testament
For every one who may call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Haweis New Testament
?For every one shall be saved, whosoever calleth on the name of the Lord.?
Mace New Testament
"whoever shall call upon the name of the Lord, shall be saved."
Weymouth New Testament
For "every one, without exception, who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved."
Worrell New Testament
for, "Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."
Worsley New Testament

NO "JEHOVAH" HERE

So what I said is either truth or a lie. Were you aware that Paul was quoting a verse here, not a new inspired teaching? May I ask what verse he quoted, and if Jehovah's name was there or not? If it does happen to be there, do you think Paul would have changed it, or quoted it as it was written?

How about Jesus at Mat 4:10 who stated very clearly that it was written, where was it written sir?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
English dictionaries generally define eternity as time that has no beginning nor end.

Thanks Barn for defining that, under that definition Jesus is not eternal, as he was the beginning of the creation of God Rev 3:14, His first born son Col 1:15

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Declarations without scriptural evidence can be impressive, but not very convincing to the critical thinking-minded. The Bible does not say that Christ was a spirit being before His incarnation, and it does say He was in Human form after His resurrection, with no indication that He was transformed at His ascension.

No sir, that is not true.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, to support your religion, The Word who was in the Beginning with God was "a god" and Jesus is "a savior".

Have you ever read: Deut 4:1-2, Proverbs 30:5-6 and Revelation 22:18-19

Fact or fiction David, you have to determine for yourself which version was altered, as it is a doctrinal change, extremely important sir.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God
Uncreated and eternal in his divine nature
His human nature is from Mary

Heb 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

savior is God
Lk 1:47

There are many saviors. Both Jehovah and Jesus is referred to as such. All sinless beings are the same throughout their history, such could be said about all the faithful angels. Since Jesus was both a spirit being and a human as well, then that verse you quoted is obviously not stated for that reason, rather it means something else sir.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CORRECT that first line my friend . JESUS IS NOT A , A , A , A savoir . HE IS THE ONLY ONLY ONLY SAVOIR .
Correct that line . Correct it fast . JESUS ALONE IS THE ONLY SAVOIR , IS THE SAVOIR . ALL ELSE , any other religion
any other mindset , comes from satan and is dangerous , deadly and deceptive and shall save none but rather shall condmen them .
I AM WORE Out with the PC world and the churches that at most try and say JESUS IS only A WAY to GOD .
NO , HE is the ONLY ONLY ONLY and ONLY ONLY ONLY and ONLY ONLY ONLY and ONLY ONLY ONLY and ONLY ONLY ........
I think you catch the drift of what i am saying .

actually sir, there are more saviors listed in the Bible, have you ever read
(Judges 3:9) . . .When the Israelites called to Jehovah for help, Jehovah raised up a savior to rescue the Israelites, Othʹni·el the son of Keʹnaz, the younger brother of Caʹleb.

Eternal life which is salvation only comes through Jesus I fully agree.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s all over the Bible, God does teach who Jesus is.

Jesus didn’t focus on His divinity, because He didn’t come to earth with the purpose of being God, He emptied Himself to become a man, and become a humble servant, (Philadelphia 2:5-7), and His purpose on earth was to die on a cross for our sins, and He correctly focused on that.

He did plainly teach He is the son of God, and the Jews knew something you won’t accept - that to be a begotten son of God means to be the divine offspring of God - which means the son of God is also God the Son - which is why scripture shows them wanting to stone Jesus to death “for making Himself out to be God”, when He said He’s Gods son.

Yet a few times He did plainly state His divinity, with His unmistakable I AM declaration that “before Abraham was, I AM”, and, “he who has seen me, has seen the Father”.

Maranatha

Yes sir, Jesus is the son of God, and as he stated he did exist before Abraham, and of course those who seen Jesus, saw Jehovah through eyes of faith, not Jehovah in the flesh. I accept Jesus is the son of God, do you actually?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fact or fiction David, you have to determine for yourself which version was altered, as it is a doctrinal change, extremely important sir.

No my dear friend, the only One True ELOHIM of Genesis thru Revelation - Father Son Holy Spirit has everything covered.

Every Truth that the Father wants us to know is in His SON and everything the SON knows and speaks is in the HOLY SPIRIT.

The Father draws us to Christ - the Word sanctifies us - the Holy Spirit baptizes and fills us - these THREE are One.

These THREE are mentioned together throughout the Book.

And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are. While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.
And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves. I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world. And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.
Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

The Father Son and Holy Spirit are all mentioned together as One in John 17 and the Gospel of John.

Does Jesus say the Father is greater than Himself - Yes, but never separate from Himself. - PEACE

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Oh good grief :rolleyes:......go back and read the full explanation I gave you....the scriptures you gave me do not counter what I shared in post #335.
“The Israel of God” are not just Jews, but the elect among Christians. (Galatians 6:16)

Even Jesus said that the Kingdom was to be taken from the Jews and given to those who could obey their God.

You are a bit like a broken record......
Not all who are born Israel are of Israel too i guess