I have a question that remains unanswered:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CORRECT that first line my friend . JESUS IS NOT A , A , A , A savoir . HE IS THE ONLY ONLY ONLY SAVOIR .
Correct that line . Correct it fast . JESUS ALONE IS THE ONLY SAVOIR , IS THE SAVOIR . ALL ELSE , any other religion
any other mindset , comes from satan and is dangerous , deadly and deceptive and shall save none but rather shall condmen them .
I AM WORE Out with the PC world and the churches that at most try and say JESUS IS only A WAY to GOD .
NO , HE is the ONLY ONLY ONLY and ONLY ONLY ONLY and ONLY ONLY ONLY and ONLY ONLY ONLY and ONLY ONLY ........
I think you catch the drift of what i am saying .

Jn 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
gb_eintrag_smilies_2_gb-dream.de.gif

tonight on me tv it’s “three wishes for opie” count S van teleckie!

only one word for it. BIG!

Reactions: BarneyFife

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jn 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
THUS JESUS is not just a way among many ways , like popey francis and vatican two teaches. BUT THE ONLY WAY .
My advice to anyone is burn the doctrine of vatican two . Heed it not , heed not many prostestant leaders either .
THEY in one giant bed now . THE BED OF A HARLOT . Let us learn our bibles well .

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THUS JESUS is not just a way among many ways , like popey francis and vatican two teaches. BUT THE ONLY WAY .
My advice to anyone is burn the doctrine of vatican two . Heed it not , heed not many prostestant leaders either .
THEY in one giant bed now . THE BED OF A HARLOT . Let us learn our bibles well .

can you give a reference for this

I agree only savior only way to God is Jesus Christ

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s ok for man to change the Ten Commandments? I guess

how does he do those miracles?

peter had to do them by the name of Jesus but Jesus just commanded the storm to be quiet

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So, to support your religion, The Word who was in the Beginning with God was "a god" and Jesus is "a savior".
I am not “supporting my religion” by my beliefs...are you?

I am going purely on what the Bible itself teaches without the additions of Christendom’s religious leaders after the first century. When Christ walked the earth, there was no teaching in the scriptures (the ones that Jesus himself used) to indicate that he was anything other than what he called himself....”the Son of God”. To call himself “God”, would have been blasphemy and the Jews would have had grounds to execute him. Jesus had to die as an innocent man. Can you not see reason here?

So there was NO trinity....there was NO teaching of “Hell” as eternal suffering for the wicked....and there was NO immortal soul that departed from the body at death. All those things came from pagan ideas outside of the scriptures, but grafted in later by the RCC. Christendom has retained them all.

So if you want to talk about “Deut 4:1-2, Proverbs 30:5-6 and Revelation 22:18-19” look no further than the church system of which you are a part. They have lied to you, like the Pharisees lied to the people back in Jesus’ day. What was the outcome of that? They put their own savior to death and lost God’s favour in the process.

Understanding the Greek in John 1:1 allows truth seekers to see that the “Son of God” cannot be both God and man at the same time. The singular God of Israel was never a triune being. (Deuteronomy 6:4) The Bible was not written with a trinity god in mind, but the devil grafted him in, just like the Jews before them had corrupted scripture with their man made traditions. It wasn’t the Bible that was in error, but their skewed interpretation that misled the people whom they taught. Jesus called their teachings “leaven”....corrupting the whole lot of them. (Matthew 16:6; Galatians 5:9)

So Jesus can most assuredly be “a divine mighty one” (theos, “a god”) without being “THE God”.
The “Son of God” was never once called “God the Son”....ever.

And the word “saviour” is not exclusive to God either. It means “deliverer”.
When the apostles were arrested for their preaching about Jesus, and told to stop doing that....
“But Peter and the apostles answered, “We must obey God rather than men. The God of our fathers raised Jesus, whom you killed by hanging him on a tree. God exalted him at his right hand as Leader and Savior, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins. (Acts 5:29-31 -ESV)

God himself is the originator of salvation which makes him a Savior, and he used Jesus as a willing volunteer to act as his agent by giving his life for humankind. That makes them both “saviours” but it doesn’t make them both “God”.

At Judges 3:9 it makes clear that God can provide a “deliverer” (savior) for his people whenever it was necessary.
“But when the people of Israel cried out to the Lord, the Lord raised up a deliverer for the people of Israel, who saved them, Othniel the son of Kenaz, Caleb's younger brother. (ESV)

You get stuck on words when a bit of research would show you that the original languages of the Bible have broader meanings than you are led to believe.

Please do some research outside of your church system, and you will see that that they have not taught you the truth.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Paul refuted everything you claim with the first two verses of Romans 11.
So you only see what you want to see?
You didn’t notice that Paul redefined what it meant to be Jewish? o_O
God’s people are now ‘spiritual Jews’...the circumcision is of the heart.....”the Israel of God” are Christians. (Galatians 6:16)
OK, if you cannot acknowledge the entirety of what Paul wrote....I cannot argue with such blindness....:rolleyes:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Didn't we ever establish that prophets often don't understand what they see, say, or write?

I don’t recall that but am not sure how it relates beyond rationalizing how unitarian text supports trinitarian dogma.

And is this the post where I side-stepped your question?

I don't think so. Maybe I'll have time this weekend to research the history of the exchanges.

OK :cool:
Doesn't this make it all about versions of history? :)

No. History. Revisionist history. Not the same as contemporaneous competing ‘versions’ of history, e.g., who was at fault for the War of Northern Aggression.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t recall that but am not sure how it relates beyond rationalizing how unitarian text supports trinitarian dogma.

I don't think so. Maybe I'll have time this weekend to research the history of the exchanges.

No. History. Revisionist history. Not the same as contemporaneous competing ‘versions’ of history, e.g., who was at fault for the War of Northern Aggression.
You know, if I didn't know better, I'd say there's a good bit of disagreement regarding the position of Christ and the Holy Spirit in this thread. :D

Reactions: Cassandra

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God’s people are now ‘spiritual Jews’...the circumcision is of the heart.....”the Israel of God” are Christians. (Galatians 6:16)
OK, if you cannot acknowledge the entirety of what Paul wrote....I cannot argue with such blindness....:rolleyes:
Absolutely wrong that God has no plans for natu
the last series of verses are irrefutable.

The scriptures are crystal clear that God has dispersed and punished Israel several times and gathered them back home, and they will in the end be back in the city that God says His very name is in, Jerusalem, for eternity, never to leave again.

Jesus never got the replacement theology memo - when He returns to earth in Zechariah 14:5 with all the saints, it’s to Mount Olive, where He ascended from, and He saves Jerusalem from attack, and many many old and New Testament scriptures state He will reign and rule forever in Jerusalem on the throne of David, afterwards.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Absolutely wrong that God has no plans for natu

the last series of verses are irrefutable.

The scriptures are crystal clear that God has dispersed and punished Israel several times and gathered them back home, and they will in the end be back in the city that God says His very name is in, Jerusalem, for eternity, never to leave again.

Jesus never got the replacement theology memo - when He returns to earth in Zechariah 14:5 with all the saints, it’s to Mount Olive, where He ascended from, and He saves Jerusalem from attack, and many many old and New Testament scriptures state He will reign and rule forever in Jerusalem on the throne of David, afterwards.
If you say so...it must be true. But you can never say that you weren’t told....
God abandoned fleshly Israel and “turned his attention to the nations to take out of them a people for his name”. (Matthew 23:37-39; Acts 15:14) Who taught Peter and the other apostles this truth?

You really should do some deeper study. You are only taught to believe church doctrine. The Bible tells a whole other story...

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That is the hill i choose to die on no matter the cost . JESUS IS NOT A savoir , BUT THE ONLY SAVOIR . LEt the world and its pc false love
and lovers do to me as they will . I WILL DIE long before i change my mind , and MAY I DIE LONG BEFORE I DO .
Be careful what you wish for
confused0036.gif
......the Bible has more than one "savior"....learn the meaning of the word and its usage in the whole Bible, not just through those tiny slits you are looking through....open your eyes and see....Jesus is a savior and so is his God and Father. The Bible uses this word for others who were "deliverers" (saviors) of God's people. (Judges 3:9)

Reactions: Wrangler

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not “supporting my religion” by my beliefs...are you?

I am going purely on what the Bible itself teaches without the additions of Christendom’s religious leaders after the first century. When Christ walked the earth, there was no teaching in the scriptures (the ones that Jesus himself used) to indicate that he was anything other than what he called himself....”the Son of God”. To call himself “God”, would have been blasphemy and the Jews would have had grounds to execute him. Jesus had to die as an innocent man. Can you not see reason here?

So there was NO trinity....there was NO teaching of “Hell” as eternal suffering for the wicked....and there was NO immortal soul that departed from the body at death. All those things came from pagan ideas outside of the scriptures, but grafted in later by the RCC. Christendom has retained them all.

So if you want to talk about “Deut 4:1-2, Proverbs 30:5-6 and Revelation 22:18-19” look no further than the church system of which you are a part. They have lied to you, like the Pharisees lied to the people back in Jesus’ day. What was the outcome of that? They put their own savior to death and lost God’s favour in the process.

Understanding the Greek in John 1:1 allows truth seekers to see that the “Son of God” cannot be both God and man at the same time. The singular God of Israel was never a triune being. (Deuteronomy 6:4) The Bible was not written with a trinity god in mind, but the devil grafted him in, just like the Jews before them had corrupted scripture with their man made traditions. It wasn’t the Bible that was in error, but their skewed interpretation that misled the people whom they taught. Jesus called their teachings “leaven”....corrupting the whole lot of them. (Matthew 16:6; Galatians 5:9)

So Jesus can most assuredly be “a divine mighty one” (theos, “a god”) without being “THE God”.
The “Son of God” was never once called “God the Son”....ever.

And the word “saviour” is not exclusive to God either. It means “deliverer”.
When the apostles were arrested for their preaching about Jesus, and told to stop doing that....
“But Peter and the apostles answered, “We must obey God rather than men. The God of our fathers raised Jesus, whom you killed by hanging him on a tree. God exalted him at his right hand as Leader and Savior, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins. (Acts 5:29-31 -ESV)

God himself is the originator of salvation which makes him a Savior, and he used Jesus as a willing volunteer to act as his agent by giving his life for humankind. That makes them both “saviours” but it doesn’t make them both “God”.

At Judges 3:9 it makes clear that God can provide a “deliverer” (savior) for his people whenever it was necessary.
“But when the people of Israel cried out to the Lord, the Lord raised up a deliverer for the people of Israel, who saved them, Othniel the son of Kenaz, Caleb's younger brother. (ESV)

You get stuck on words when a bit of research would show you that the original languages of the Bible have broader meanings than you are led to believe.

Please do some research outside of your church system, and you will see that that they have not taught you the truth.

You reject the Word and alter it to fit your religion, that is what religious people do.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You reject the Word and alter it to fit your religion, that is what religious people do.
You can't see that this is what your own church has done....?
palm
Are you somehow immune to the devil's deceptions?
omg

None so blind....
headslap
(1 Corinthians 10:12; 2 Corinthians 4:4)

The flood victims didn't think Noah was right either......the Jews rejected Jesus because their religious leaders said he was a phony.
We are influenced by those we trust to tell us the truth, so how do we know when we have placed our trust in the wrong people?
Usually not until its too late.
unsure