I have a question that remains unanswered:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
He who rejects the church and the teaching of the church rejects Christ and forfeits any possibility of salvation
You're ignoring the apostasy (falling away from the truth) that Paul and Jesus foretold, and the warnings of false teachers:

2 Thessalonians 2:3 (MKJV):
Let not anyone deceive you by any means. For that Day shall not come unless there first comes a falling away, and the man of sin shall be revealed, the son of perdition,​
2 Peter 2 (WEB):
1) But false prophets also arose among the people, as false teachers will also be among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, denying even the Master who bought them, bringing on themselves swift destruction.
2) Many will follow their immoral ways, and as a result, the way of the truth will be maligned.​
Matthew 24:11 (WEB):
And many false prophets will rise and deceive many.​

We should only believe the teachings of the very early church, as recorded in the Bible - Jude 1:3 (WEB):
Beloved, while I was very eager to write to you about our common salvation, I was constrained to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints.​

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I see the debating is continuing nicely and you guys seem to somehow be enjoying yourselves, smh, so as my old friend Billy-Bob would say, "Knock yourselves out!" Lol

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again a verse unrelated to your claims. That verse concerns what to do if "your brother sins against you" (verse 15). It's nothing to do with a Pope 1,850 years later making up new doctrines that all Christians must then believe.

Acts 17:11 (WEB):
Now these were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so.​

If you can't find corroberating evidence in the Scriptures then you should not put any faith in what you are told.

rejection of the church is rejection of Christ
This verse makes it unthinkable to resist the authority of the church

our religion is revealed by God thru Christ to his apostolic church Jude 1:3

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're ignoring the apostasy (falling away from the truth) that Paul and Jesus foretold, and the warnings of false teachers:

2 Thessalonians 2:3 (MKJV):
Let not anyone deceive you by any means. For that Day shall not come unless there first comes a falling away, and the man of sin shall be revealed, the son of perdition,​
2 Peter 2 (WEB):
1) But false prophets also arose among the people, as false teachers will also be among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, denying even the Master who bought them, bringing on themselves swift destruction.
2) Many will follow their immoral ways, and as a result, the way of the truth will be maligned.​
Matthew 24:11 (WEB):
And many false prophets will rise and deceive many.​

We should only believe the teachings of the very early church, as recorded in the Bible - Jude 1:3 (WEB):
Beloved, while I was very eager to write to you about our common salvation, I was constrained to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints.​

but they fall away from the church
The household of faith
The pillar and ground of truth

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
rejection of the church is rejection of Christ
Rejection of a corrupted church that has prostituted itself and joined with pagan religions and governments, is not rejection of Jesus.
This verse makes it unthinkable to resist the authority of the church

our religion is revealed by God thru Christ to his apostolic church Jude 1:3
I quoted Jude 1:3 to you (post #1201), but you don't seem to have understood it:

Jude 1:3) ... I was constrained to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints.

The Gospel was delivered by the Jesus and the Apostles, delivered once and for all time - it would/should not change. This was so important to note that Paul said it twice, Galatians 1 (WEB):

8) But even though we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you any “good news” other than that which we preached to you, let him be cursed.
9) As we have said before, so I now say again: if any man preaches to you any “good news” other than that which you received, let him be cursed.

The Roman Catholic church, and you, have been teaching a different Gospel (good news).

but they fall away from the church
That's not what has happened. Those false teachers (wolves in sheep's clothing) have introduced "destructive heresies", and there has been a falling away from the truth. The apostasy had started even in the days of the Apostles, and the corruption has continued to increase for the last nearly 2,000 years. That is very clear, as evidenced by a lot of what you have been posting in this thread!

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rejection of a corrupted church that has prostituted itself and joined with pagan religions and governments, is not rejection of Jesus.

I quoted Jude 1:3 to you (post #1201), but you don't seem to have understood it:

Jude 1:3) ... I was constrained to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints.

The Gospel was delivered by the Jesus and the Apostles, delivered once and for all time - it would/should not change. This was so important to note that Paul said it twice, Galatians 1 (WEB):

8) But even though we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you any “good news” other than that which we preached to you, let him be cursed.
9) As we have said before, so I now say again: if any man preaches to you any “good news” other than that which you received, let him be cursed.

The Roman Catholic church, and you, have been teaching different Gospel (good news).

That's not what has happened. Those false teachers (wolves in sheep's clothing) have introduced "destructive heresies", and there has been a falling away from the truth. The apostasy had started even in the days of the Apostles, and the corruption has continued to increase for the last nearly 2,000 years. That is very clear, as evidenced by a lot of what you have been posting in this thread!

the church always teaches the same doctrine revealed by Christ
No new doctrine no new revelation

your fundamentalist Protestant gospel of faith alone and bible alone are the only new gospel!!!

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No! The Word that was with God, not God Himself who remained a spirit Jn 4:24. The very one Jesus prayed to Jn 17
You omit the part of John 1 that disproves your assertion.
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

And there is this.
John 6:
61Aware that His disciples were grumbling about this teaching, Jesus asked them, “Does this offend you? 62Then what will happen if you see the Son of Man ascend to where He was before?63The Spirit gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life. 64However, there are some of you who do not believe.” (For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray Him.)

I think this actually answers the question, if Jesus was God was he praying to himself?
Jesus as God appeared as a newborn in the manger, and as a Jewish man, rabbi, to his fellow Jews. Jesus comported himself to Jewish customs as a Jew. This would include prayer.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You omit the part of John 1 that disproves your assertion.
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

And there is this.
John 6:
61Aware that His disciples were grumbling about this teaching, Jesus asked them, “Does this offend you? 62Then what will happen if you see the Son of Man ascend to where He was before?63The Spirit gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life. 64However, there are some of you who do not believe.” (For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray Him.)

I think this actually answers the question, if Jesus was God was he praying to himself?
Jesus as God appeared as a newborn in the manger, and as a Jewish man, rabbi, to his fellow Jews. Jesus comported himself to Jewish customs as a Jew. This would include prayer.

No, as the Bible translation you used translated ho theos as a god at Acts 28:6. They deliberately altered that verse to read God. Which translated word was correct God or a god?

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OTE="theefaith, post: 1147026, member: 9099"]His mother

Christ has no physical wives who is his queen? His mothet[/QUOTE]
As I recall there is the idea that the Magdalene was the wife of Jesus. That this writing was omitted from scripture by decree of a pope. And said pope then made Mary of Magdala into a whore, an adultress, in scripture. But didn't omit the passage that identified their wedding in Cana.Which then made sense of Jesus' mother Mary informing him that the wedding feast is out of wine. His first miracle, I believe.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Almighty God...Father, Son, Holy Spirit...no beginning, no end, no mother, my friend!

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, as the Bible translation you used translated ho theos as a god at Acts 28:6. They deliberately altered that verse to read God. Which translated word was correct God or a god?
You can equivocate to your hearts content for whatever reason is on your mind.
And the word was God.

Don't accept that if you choose not.
Jesus said he was the father in many other parts of the NT.

When you have seen me you have seen the father.
I think you have to ask yourself why you're here insisting something is impossible for God. Especially when God's word tells you he was Jesus.

And if you need to then argue, where did Jesus state, "I am God" ? , you'll have to work that out for yourself. Because he does, repeatedly. If exactitude , a word for word sentence, "I am God", needs to appear for you to believe, you will never understand the meaning behind parables.

The primary teaching style of God himself.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His mother

Christ has no physical wives who is his queen? His mothet
What do you mean Christ has no physical wives?

"31“For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.e 32This mystery is profound, but I am speaking about Christ and the church. " Ephesians 5:31-32
It should be quite apparent that if you're going to assign a queen to King Jesus it would be his wife the church.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the church always teaches the same doctrine revealed by Christ
No new doctrine no new revelation

your fundamentalist Protestant gospel of faith alone and bible alone are the only new gospel!!!
You mean 'righteousness credited by faith without works' (Romans 4:5-6).
That's not a new gospel. That's the way it's been since Abraham.

"Now the words “it was credited to him” were written not only for Abraham, but also for us, to whom righteousness will be credited—for us who believe..." Romans 4:23-24

Reactions: Brakelite

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can equivocate to your hearts content for whatever reason is on your mind.
And the word was God.

Don't accept that if you choose not.
Jesus said he was the father in many other parts of the NT.

When you have seen me you have seen the father.
I think you have to ask yourself why you're here insisting something is impossible for God. Especially when God's word tells you he was Jesus.

And if you need to then argue, where did Jesus state, "I am God" ? , you'll have to work that out for yourself. Because he does, repeatedly. If exactitude , a word for word sentence, "I am God", needs to appear for you to believe, you will never understand the meaning behind parables.

The primary teaching style of God himself.

Jehovah is God according to the Bible sir, Jesus is God's son, accept it or reject it, I personally recommend that you choose to worship and serve the God of Jesus, but at any rate as for me and my household, we shall serve Jehovah. Josh 24:15 How can one go wrong with that sir?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OTE="theefaith, post: 1147026, member: 9099"]His mother

Christ has no physical wives who is his queen? His mothet
As I recall there is the idea that the Magdalene was the wife of Jesus. That this writing was omitted from scripture by decree of a pope. And said pope then made Mary of Magdala into a whore, an adultress, in scripture. But didn't omit the passage that identified their wedding in Cana.Which then made sense of Jesus' mother Mary informing him that the wedding feast is out of wine. His first miracle, I believe.[/QUOTE]

the black legend (lies) of the Protestants

absolute none sense / pure fantasy

the church is the bride of Christ

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you mean Christ has no physical wives?

"31“For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.e 32This mystery is profound, but I am speaking about Christ and the church. " Ephesians 5:31-32
It should be quite apparent that if you're going to assign a queen to King Jesus it would be his wife the church.

the church is the mystical bride of Christ

Eph 5:32

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the church is the mystical bride of Christ

Eph 5:32
We are.
So why is Mary 'alone' the queen of king Jesus?
Using your view of this subject, I don't believe the mother of a King would ever be queen over and above and in place of the King's wife.
Your Mary 'alone' doctrine is not logical.