I have a question that remains unanswered:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's wrong to pray to Mary.

The www.catholic.com website says:
Why Pray to Mary? Because Jesus has given us his Blessed Mother as our great spiritual mother (Rev.12:17), a heavenly advocate who intercedes for us.​

That is not Biblical (and a misunderstanding and misapplication of Revelation 12:17). The Bible only mentions one person as our advocate, and that is Jesus:

1 John 2:1 (ESV):
My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.​

Jesus taught us to pray to our Father, and to Him only - Matthew 6:6,9 (WEB):
6) But you, when you pray, enter into your inner room, and having shut your door, pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.
9) Pray like this: ‘Our Father in heaven, may your name be kept holy.​
Anyone in the communion of saints can pray and intercede for one another James 5:16 rev 5:8

peter was intermediary between the Jews and jesus

Peter is already administering the kingdom

Already acting in the person of Christ even acting as mediator

It is Jesus Christ who identifies peter with himself!

Matt 17:24 And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute?

25 He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers?

26 Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free.

27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

It is Jesus Christ who identifies peter with himself!

the angels are ministering spirits

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Elohim is not a name sir, it simply means God El is god, Elohim is plural for God from Hebrew to English.

I have explained our position quite well on who God is sir, you disagree, which is fine. I will say what you may already realize, when Jesus returns, he will be removing those who do not know God 1 Thes 1:6-9, It is a requirement Curt.
Play semantics with Elohim, it’s a plural name or title, proving the trinity, as Matthew 28:19 does, baptize into the NAME singular, of the THREE, plural. The three share one name, and this confirms that:

1Jn 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

That Jesus is God the word, is divinity, is God in bodily form is ridiculously clear in scripture.

It takes hard work to obfuscate the truth that is so plain.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think if more people understood the creepy things the Catholics believe and practice it would be recognized for the cult that it is.

I didn't know how bad it was myself until I talked to Catholics on-line. It's not just creepy. It's scary creepy. I'm thankful there have been people willing to risk being put to death by the Catholic church to rebel against it's teachings.

I think the creepiest thing is the Crucifix, eternally keeping the Son of God on the cross, to emphasize the guilt we ought to feel of the price of our iniquity. This coupled with crucifying our Savior and lord with each and every Mass. This is even creepier than their cannibalism through the doctrine of transubstantiation.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bible has no denominations only one church founded by Christ on Peter

That's not true and we have been through this before. Remember the people who were healing in Jesus name though not part of the Apostles picked by Jesus? Then, the first denominator, Paul, going to the Gentiles.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the creepiest thing is the Crucifix, eternally keeping the Son of God on the cross, to emphasize the guilt we ought to feel of the price of our iniquity. This coupled with crucifying our Savior and lord with each and every Mass. This is even creepier than their cannibalism through the doctrine of transubstantiation.

no scripture

1 cor 11:26
Also we conform to Christ and him crucified
Gal 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not true and we have been through this before. Remember the people who were healing in Jesus name though not part of the Apostles picked by Jesus? Then, the first denominator, Paul, going to the Gentiles.
Only Christ has authority to found a church all the rest are man made no authority tradition of men

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

no scripture

1 cor 11:26

Can you explain how 1 cor 11:26 connects to my post about creepiness?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only Christ has authority to found a church all the rest are man made no authority tradition of men

Again, you confound your denomination, founded 11 centuries later, with the body of Christ. Beyond that, what you wrote is STILL complete and utter nonsense.

If what you wrote were true, Christ would have gone along with the Apostles desire to condemn those not a part of their group healing in Jesus name.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, you confound your denomination, founded 11 centuries later, with the body of Christ. Beyond that, what you wrote is STILL complete and utter nonsense.

If what you wrote were true, Christ would have gone along with the Apostles desire to condemn those not a part of their group healing in Jesus name.

must the mountain of evidence you supplied to show you’re point

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Morbid. As I understand Scripture, unless you are reading the Thomas Jefferson Bible, it does not end with the stone covering the tomb.
No one said it ends that way
It all ends in glory and we live in the power of his resurrection but we are bound to his death until he Returns

we don’t just make it up like you think we do Jude 1:3