I like Joel Osteen and Charles Stanley

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People beware of these tv preachers. Those who seek money to tell you things about God are wrong. Christ said freely have you received - freely give it to others. I listened to some of them and they spend more time seeking money than telling you the truth in God. They preach Christ for personal gains. Be careful who you listen to.
Matthew 19:21-24KJV
21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.
22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.
23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.
24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

VelvetRopes.Com

Joel Osteen Net Worth

There are many estimates about Joel Osteen’s net worth, but the most accurate range we’ve calculated is right at $100 million

Joel Osteen House

6 bedrooms • 6 bathrooms • 17000 sq/ft
Price: 10.5M (sold in 2010)
Valued: 10.7M

Last edited:

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Does God's opinion of him matter to you? Because the Bible makes clear what His opinion is on most things and those who preach against His Word, or preach other doctrines that contradict His Word, are outright hated by God.

Charles Stanley pushes hard for Eternal Security which is not Biblical. Yes, it's about as debated as the Trinity, if not more so, but it is leading 100's of thousands to take their own lives right now. The suicide rate has sky-rocketed in the last decade or so and nobody is talking about it. Many of those who do it, are convinced of another religion like New Age beliefs, or they are Christians who believe they are Once Saved Always Saved (OSAS) and that they will go straight to Heaven for quitting in life.

Yes, I have a family member who took this route so I'm authorized to speak of it.

I won't go into all the many verses that clearly dispute it so as not to take this thread into the wilderness.

God bless.
Oh yeah, I don't agree with eternal security in biblical terms, that was the only problem I had with Charles Stanley, otherwise he's extraordinarily fantastic. I don't know if Joel Osteen is into eternal or conditional security. I just know he will always talk about a topic and then say in the end "if you will... then you will... in Jesus's name. God bless you. if you receive it say amen!" And then you say amen! if you agree with it, lol so Joel Osteen's sermons are extraordinarily amazing. I wouldn't discount it and like the things I've said earlier in this thread

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Back in the early to mid-70s, this so-called peace sign was known as the hand sign of Satan. Everyone knew it. A top album at the time was, "Demons And Wizards." SMH Promoting one's best life now is diametrically opposed to the teachings of Jesus Christ and His apostles. Luke 9:23 for a start.
Which peace sign are you talking about that was known as Satan's sign, the index finger with the middle finger sticking up or the way Joel Osteen's family did it?

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
inspiration has got nothing to do with this, see the video clips and hear the false heresies of Osteen and others

For the record, I do think Osteen and those others are preaching another gospel or are a false prophet and whatever you want to call it. Even that being the case, these people need prayers too. To be helped. There are people who were a part of the world system but then God brought them "out of her".

Reactions: Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Which peace sign are you talking about that was known as Satan's sign, the index finger with the middle finger sticking up or the way Joel Osteen's family did it?
The one with the pinky stuck out, the ring finger curled in, the middle finger curled in, and the index finger stuck out. Like the one Joel made in the picture.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not too many TV ministers I am into these days, but that's because I'm rather advanced theologically now. But I find Robert Morris worth a watch sometimes. Adrain Rogers was solid when he was around. Andrew Wommack can be ok when he's not too far off into Faith theology, and Kirt Schneider can be ok as well.

But what you want to do is study the Bible for yourself in the midst of watching sermons you like. The more you do your own Bible study and reading, the more you will start to see things from your own perspective, after letting the Lord teach you Himself. :)
I don't really follow anyone anymore, but Derek Prince is someone I respect, have read, and watch from time to time. God has used Bruce Thompson with me. Along with Howard Ellis.
Doing one's own bible study, while at the same time asking the Lord to give understanding, is, in my opinion, essential for moving forward with the Lord. :)

Reactions: Hidden In Him