I need some help

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jeremy

Jun 21, 2007
I'm sorry if I post this in the wrong forum, but I need help. Let me start by giving you all a background of me and what I'm talking about. I was raised in a happy Christian home. All throughout my childhood I read the bible, went to church and surrounded my whole life with Christ. I was a very happy child. I asked Jesus to be my savior at the age of 10. In my early teens I was mistreated in school and at the church by other children, I began to get bitter. Instead of going to the Lord for prayer and guidence, I turned my back. I eventually started to buy bad records and listen to them constantly. I went to a point where I turned my back on my faith and lived as an athiest. I was bitter and hateful, I blasphemed the Lord every chance I had in every way I could. I tore up my old bible. I began to destroy myself, cutting myself, smoking, drinking, drugs, etc. At the time I didn't care what happened to me. Then, one day, I was drinking alcohol, and I drank so much, that I passed out. I woke up with alcohol poisoning, I became scared for my soul in the first time in a long time. I immediately feel to my knees and begged God for forgiveness, I spent not days, but months worrying, crying and praying for forgiveness for what i've done. I went to see my preacher, but he wasn't much of a help. I asked him about the unforgivable sin, because I was so scared that I had went to far and now I would be lost forever. I continue to ask people about it, but none can answer me, they all give me different opinions. But I'm scared to death.It's gotten to the point that I'm on anti-depressants, my grandmother is talking about having me commited because I don't do anything but sit around worrying, in extreme fear.I need help. I beg you all to please help me. I want to be with Jesus Christ in Heaven when I die. I regret my past mistakes and I'm trying so hard to better myself and live for the Lord, but I can't shake the fear and the guilt. I worry that I have commited this unforgivable sin, because I was very blasphemous during that time period. Thank you all for the time to hear me out. I can't live on in this terror and fear.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
Pray to the Lord for forgiveness, and mean it. Do you really want to be saved? Do you really mean it?If you do, pray until you feel the Holy Spirit, then pray some more. Then take up the Bible, and start reading. Go to church, and participate on these forums. A lot of these guys can help you with your problems. I sure can.God Bless you. I'll pray for you.

Tama

Jun 7, 2007
(Jeremy;12176)
I continue to ask people about it, but none can answer me, they all give me different opinions. But I'm scared to death.
Asking people and wanting comfort from us, people with the same sinful nature as yours - will not do you any good. You can ask people to pray for you or with you, but only GOD/Jesus/Holy Spirit will be at works to forgive, comfort, change your life, and renew your inner person. All God needs - is our humbleness, honesty, and willingless. But it looks like the problem is - you can't forgive yourself yet. Forgiving yourself is the big part in accepting God's forgivenes...Just change your life style, friends, be active at church, and LOVE LOVE LOVE god! It will take time, but everything will be behind you, and may be not right away, but you will come to the point of 'I am holy' feeling inside of you again!!!Wakka did a great job offering his prayers, and I will do the same
smile.gif

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
The only unforgivable sin that is found in the Bible, is to Blasphem the Holy Ghost!This is truely what I believe.The only way that this can happen, is if you have actually recieved the HolySpirit of the living God as the Bible tells you to recieve it.Jesus said, that when you recieve the Holy Ghost, Jesus, and God the Father both come to live inside of you.Before that can happen you have to be bornagain.It is your spirit man that is bornagain, and your spirit becomes new!Your soul ( your intellect, and emotions) and your flesh (Your Physical Body) are not saved! You will continue to have problems with your mind,and your body in sin.But your spirit is clean because of Jesus blood , so that you can receive the Holy Ghost, who is the Comforter that gives you power to live this christian life. Now after you have recieved all of this, and knowingly turn around and say that it's not real then You have blasphemed the Holy Ghost!My friend, God's grace and mercy, goes way beyond anything that we can comprehend.Being that you are so convicted, tells me that God is trying to reach your heart. That means He hasn't given up on you yet!If you were hopeless He would leave you alone and you would be too calauosed in your heart to be convicted anymore.

inhislove76

Jun 15, 2007
I am in agreement with Tama. God knew you would fall back. He allowed you too, so you can be at this point of faith and love for Him. He has already forgiven you, because your heart is humble before Him. But again, it is written that you shouldn't seek counsel from men. Only to God should you cast all your cares worries and fears. In those times, through prayer, will He answer you. He will comfort you, and show you what to do. But, first and formost please forgive yourself. That is the most important. Hold not to the fear and worries of the sin you commited. You have already acknowledged in your heart of your sin. Now with true Love for yourself, let it go and forgive yourself out loud to God!!! He will then come to you giving you utter peace inside, and you will be free. Those are His promises...remember.Be Blessed, and I will pray for you