I shall recieve you to myself when?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Let me throw a (friendly) monkey wrench into the mix here and talk about the "last trump". Again, I am not talking about the timing of the rapture, but I want to make a point here regarding trumpets.The seven trumpet judgments in Revelation were revealed to John after the apostle Paul mentioned the "last trump". Paul would not have known about "John's" trumpets.One could say that the Holy Spirit could have revealed it to Paul. But I have this feeling Paul knew exactly what he was talking about considering he was the Einstein of the theological world.Paul was referencing the feast of trumpets, where a series of trumpets blew throughout the ceremony. It was at the last one that he compared us being caught up with the Lord.John's trumpets are for judgment.Paul's trumpets are for gathering.Whenever the Lord returns in whatever year He comes, it will be at the feast of the trumpets. Revelation 12 is suggestive of an astronomical position when the sun is in Virgo and the "moon under her feet" is New Moon. This happens at the trumpets feast yearly.

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But I have this feeling Paul knew exactly what he was talking about considering he was the Einstein of the theological world.
I believe he got the ref from here,
matt 2430 "And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the SON OF MAN COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF THE SKY with power and great glory. 31 "And He will send forth His angels with A GREAT TRUMPET and THEY WILL GATHER TOGETHER His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.

1thess 415 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.
This is the timing of the rapture, as soon as the trumpet goes off, the Angels gather us, and we meet him------------He recieves us to himself. Jesus said the trumpet will sound after the tribulation of those days.
29 "But immediately after the tribulation of those days THE SUN WILL BE DARKENED, AND THE MOON WILL NOT GIVE ITS LIGHT, AND THE STARS WILL FALL from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 "And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the SON OF MAN COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF THE SKY with power and great glory

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The seven trumpet judgments in Revelation were revealed to John after the apostle Paul mentioned the "last trump". Paul would not have known about "John's" trumpets.
Tim, you know I respect you and your faith but let me make a very important point here. This statement makes one crucial assumption that I see. You're leaving out the divine inspiration. Our Father was in control of this and ultimately this was written to our generation of the fig tree. The Lord's trumpet is the 7th. There's only one.