I think am I goin to started my new journey into my life and relastionship with God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wayne

Oct 30, 2011
I know where am I going to started and going to be on faith and how I can build up. So if anyone know any good places to look in the bible for faith is please tell me. I hope you guy will help me or while I do this because would mean a lot to me if you do.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank God and you for your decision. Pray to God, in Jesus' name, to increase your faith. Do it daily if you can, yet do it with sincerity. My prayers are with you, and as always, if you have questions, just ask.

Redeemed86

Oct 14, 2011
These posts are good and I would just add to put the faith you have now, in action.

Matthew 7:7
7Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. [sup]8[/sup] For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

Don't shut God out of anything in your life, even if it's just asking Him to give you strength for work. Make it a habit to call on and seek Him in everything you do and believe that He hears you. Use the faith you have now to trust God's plan for you.

Every time I was/am nervous, anxious or fearful about anything, I would (to myself) ask God to calm me down. Eventually I started doing it without even thinking about it. Communication builds trust, which I believe is key to developing a closer relationship with God.

Right before you start reading the bible, ask God to give you understanding of what you are reading. I do it every time I go to read and even yesterday I read something in Proverbs that relates directly to my life.

Also, let go of things/people/idols that get in between you and God. I found this to be one of the main issues stunting my growth in God.

Hopefully this helps.
God Bless, Wayne :)

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 8, Philippians 2:1-11, 1 Corinthians 13.

Wayne

Oct 30, 2011
Ezekiel 18:4
For every living soul belongs to me, the father as well as the son - both alike belong to me. The soul who sins is the one will die.

What do that have to do with faith?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ezekiel 18:4
For every living soul belongs to me, the father as well as the son - both alike belong to me. The soul who sins is the one will die.

What do that have to do with faith?

We must let go of our lives in order to receive His new life. The letting go is a death...the receiving is the birthing of a new life.

The soul that sins...it shall die.We have all sinned and we all need to be rescued from this life of sin. So we surrender our lives (die) because we will die if we continue to live in our old ways and power. God gives us grace to walk as a new creation before Him. He saves us by killing our old sin factories and starting a new building whose foundation is Jesus Christ HImself.

The only way to God is through the power of the cross that removes our old nature out of the way. Then we can walk in our new life with Jesus Christ through His resurrection grace!!! :)

So do we trust God that He is faithful to rescue us from our old lives? Do we trust that the removal of our lives will cause us to receive something better? Can we place our faith in God?

Secondhand Lion

Jan 30, 2012
People's Republic of Maryland
Romans 10:17 tells us that faith comes by hearing the word of God. Since the bible is finished, you can "hear" the word of God anytime you choose to open your bible. Open it, read it....faith will come. God hasn't failed anyone yet. You need nothing other than your bible to gain faith, spend as much time in it as you possibly can.