As will be lesser faith, over a longer period of time, God will be greatly pleased (focusing?)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So I just wanted to set out a doctrinal issue, that some of you may have thought about and others not. Basically, I don't have the faith that Christians have. I am not saying their faith is wrong, I am saying "their faith is a greater expression, of God, than anything I have". I have a lesser faith. Typically what this means, is that I will not believe it until I see it written down and that preferably in idealistic words. Christians say "better a cowardly dog, than a dead lion", whereas I am happier with saying "live by imagination, but don't die for glory". This lesser faith, is a faith that fragments and becomes weak.

Why then, do I not come to pieces? Well, the answer to that, is that I do not give up, simply because I have a lesser faith, but rather I project that lesser faith over a longer period of time. Now I know Christians wait for the Return of the Lord and I am interested in that, but I am not bound to the letter of that. My faith, my lesser faith encourages me to keep going, even when it seems like lesser faith will not be enough. Lesser faith will be enough, if it is mixed with action. Remember what the Lord said "and if the master should come in the second or third watch and find them [waiting] blessed are those servants" (gospels, from memory) - I do not have the faith of the first watch, but that doesn't mean I should be discounted!

The point is that lesser faith, avails more opportunity: I am readier to wait, readier to obey. "There are many first that shall be last and last that will be first", in developing a lesser faith, I have come into agreement with God for greater standing. I am able to help people, whose faith is too big to be effectual. My example to wait with lesser faith, helps children, for example, since as a child they embrace the greater things of God and I do not refuse them having greater faith than me, in that. All this is power from God, to stand where no-one else knows whether to stand or not. I stand because I know my lesser faith is but for a time, that I will have fullness of faith in Heaven, and I remember my struggle no more!

Do I encourage others to have lesser faith? I am not asking for that: it's something you have to work out with the Holy Spirit, how great your faith is, whether it is "hot or cold" that sort of thing. I hope this has been of some encouragement to you.

God bless.