I think I'm backslidden

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TooInvolved1

Jan 22, 2008
Geez, it just dawned on me I've fallen away terribly. I knew it but it's really dawning on me... It occurred to me that I've been interested in a non believing man for a bit and if he indicated he wanted a sexual relationship I'd probably do that. I could see myself even living with him and basically hiding my Christian faith just to be with him, in fears he wouldn't want to be with me anymore if he knew I was Christian.If I can so easily fall way it makes me question whether I really ever believed.I'm scared. Maybe this is just an attack (not just but you know). Maybe Satan is playing games with me?

its_victoria08

Mar 28, 2008
I would say it is satan, definitely. I was a non-believer when I met who is now my Christian boyfriend. He was very patient, not forcing me to listen through scriptures, and always answering my questions honestly. I'm so happy that he didn't feel the need to shy away from his faith for me because he is the reason I have a relationship with God today!Be yourself. Really, you probably shouldn't be feeling this way about a non-believer, but I understand that it happens. Have you talked to him about religion? Perhaps he is wanting to believe more than you think... Don't force anything on him, but be happy in your walk with the Lord so that he can see how wonderful it is!Stay strong and don't turn from God, whatever you do. The minute you start to give in to temptation, the devil will not stop until he has you under his grip for good!I pray that you will overcome this and strengthen your relationship with the Lord. The best way to do this is through daily prayer and reading His Word daily. After all, the Bible is God's message to you, the believer! Read it like you would read a love letter from your first true love over and over again!! Because that's what it is. God's profession of His Love for you, His Creation!

Nov 8, 2007
CONTRARY TO POPULAR BELIEF SISTER. SATAN ONLY KNOWS WHAT YOU CONFESS, NOT WHAT YOU KEEP IN YOUR HEART AND MIND. KEEP ALL THINGS WITH THE LORD. NEVER CONFESS TO ANYONE! The enemy will take those confessions and use and plan his attack out. Get back I'm. The reason I aint been on this site for a while was because I was doing other stuff. I'm still in the process of getting up. SO GET UP, SEEK AND GIVE YOURSELF TO THE HOLY GHOST!!!!!IN THE NAME OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST!

Mikey

Jan 22, 2008
TooInvolved1 I have seen treads you started and they seem to be about relationships. Maybe you have a kinds of Personality Disorder, like Dependant PDisorder? Ask your doctor about it or look some stuff on it online and pray about it. Sometimes we teach ourselves things that control our lives and we just need some help or counseling. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personality_disorder here is a link.

Siskim

Jan 29, 2008
Our conscience tells us more truth than our mind often. God's Law is written in our heart...conscience? What we do is try to use our mind to reason with our conscience...in order to get it to agree with our will...which is usually not God's. God's Law will not bend, and we keep trying to make it do so, so we can justify our wants.I've tried it plenty myself. Everytime...I found my own will to be working against me. Here's a key Truth...God's voice will "never" lead us to a place of regret. But our own desires will! God isn't directing us toward right in order to make us sad and empty....but listen intently...the ways that God leads you "Are" the ways to "Your"....highest joy, wholeness, fullfillment!Sister...Make God your husband first! Walk by faith and not by sight...never surrender serving God in your life, never surrender your first love...not for anything...not for any man. God provides husbands after his own heart...if we let him lead our life and.....choices.You might give the guy a chance...and I say a chance....stand for something...like who you are and for your Savior...who is and always will be the greatest and most faithful husband....be a follower or be a leader? Lead others to God or follow others away from God?If God is in you, then You are the leader...as a woman this is how I have and do look at it...if you love me, Jesus is part of me, if you can't accept Jesus, and can't respect or follow him, then you can't love me, because he and me are one. If you despise him by chance, you will end up despising me...when the honeymoons over....because then you will see me as I really am...which is not what any man might perceive me to be in his own eyes or desires...but I am God's girl, and it will show if it aint now...when the dawn comes.My lady, "Do not fear"....any losses when God is your God! The minute you stand for him and say....give up or lose something you want....that say wasn't really the real gold...he will turn and reward you by giving you the real....Gold. But give the guy a chance...not by pestering him...and demanding answers right now that you want....but by being true to who you are and letting it shine...be seen and known...Funny....every man I've encountered had to endure my preaching...some couldn't take it...one "tried" to conform in order to keep me...but I could feel he was insincere....I could "feel" God pulling me away from him...and do thank God today he succeeded! because I loved the guy....but today...I have a man who has turned out to love me "like" Christ loves the church! He listens and hears God and is even sort of a father to me in that he knows who I am in God and supports me in the ways that God desires...How do you really know what the guy would think or do? If you havn't let the light shine to him? You don't know what God might do. Mine came over one night after alot of our "discussions" and asked me to pray with him...he surrendered his life....I was immovable about my faithfulness to God...I wasn't going to marry any man who was going to resist my soul!But then...no man is going to surrender to God just for you...you know it's a personal choice...but you never know when you might be the mediator between someone and Christ....give him a chance...to see and know...not only who you are but who your Father is....If he blatently doesn't want any part of it...then look at it this way...he doesn't know or love the real you...because You are like your Father..Amen. And sister...what do you want with a man who doesn't love the real you? love kim